Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

On 03/12/2023 at 10:49, Sugar_Army said:

Edinburgh - Amsterdam -Stuttgart

13-25 June.  Stuttgart Hotel for 2 weeks but will be travelling by train around days of the game.  

I'm similar, flights are;

Manchester - Amsterdam - Stuttgart,

Frankfurt - Manchester 

14th - 24th.  Staying in Stuttgart for the duration of the groups other than an overnighter for Cologne.

Had 2 weeks of hotels booked in Dusseldorf, Berlin and Stuttgart so it's worked out alright.

Booked flats for game 1 in Munich and game 2 in Köln on airbnb right after the draw. Neither host replied to the booking so both were cancelled, tried again yesterday and it looks like same result. We'll probably just pay a bit more for a hotel. Flight out is booked from London-Munich via Brussels. Way back we'll get a train either to Amsterdam or London and fly back from there. All a bit stressful but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

Booked flats for game 1 in Munich and game 2 in Köln on airbnb right after the draw. Neither host replied to the booking so both were cancelled, tried again yesterday and it looks like same result. We'll probably just pay a bit more for a hotel. Flight out is booked from London-Munich via Brussels. Way back we'll get a train either to Amsterdam or London and fly back from there. All a bit stressful but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Got two offers accepted for Koln and one for Munich.  2 were rejected and a couple of others have automatically been cancelled due to hosts not replying.

I wonder if accommodation will slowly come up as fans from other countries who booked accomodation in cities on spec start to cancel them, so worthwhile rechecking

32 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aye but it will be Dan Air flights. I'm playing safe and going B-Cal.

I am worried my mate has booked us upstairs seats on a Sopwith Camel. I asked what our luggage allowance is, he replied, "I have no idea!"  Just hoping we have some!

Four of us all booked up on Saturday night. Flying out the day before the opening game; Edinburgh to Zurich via London then train to Nuremberg where we’ve got an apartment booked for 12 nights. We’ll be getting trains to each of the games from Nuremberg.

Bit of a convoluted journey but all in for return flights and 12 nights in a half decent looking apartment right in the city centre we were £640 each, which is miles less than I was expecting having waited until the draw.

Just need to make sure I get Fans First or Cat3 tickets for the opener! 

Looking for a bit of advice.

We fly into Dusseldorf Tuesday Wednesday going into cologne 

going into Stuttgart for the weekend any recommendations for the Thursday night for two young guys with decent nightlife? We contemplating going back to Dusseldorf or staying in cologne but part of us would maybe like to travel somewhere new to.

That's us booked.

Fly into Munich very early on Friday 14th, day of the Germany game, for 2 nights. 

Internal direct flight Munich to Cologne, lunchtime on Sunday 16th - 5 nights in Cologne covering the Swiss match on the 19th.

Train to Stuttgart Friday 21st - 3 nights there, Hungary game Sunday 23rd!

Monday 24th - head to Dortmund having won the group! 

Booked Glasgow to Frankfurt via Amsterdam after the Cyprus game, 13th-27th. Got it for £277, same flights as of yesterday are £1,042. 

We’ll be landing and straight on the train to Munich for 4 nights, train to Cologne for another 4 nights then to Stuttgart for 3 nights. Accommodation booked in all 3 for under £700. Still to sort the few days between the last game and flying home but most likely just do a couple of days in Frankfurt, though Zurich also looks appealing. 

Have some Airbnb confirmations and dialogue ongoing. Found a room in Munich tonight, 1 king-sized bed and 1 sofa bed 25 min walk (4 min by taxi) from fan park. £101:for me and my mate.  Apparent on 2 UBhan stations near by and only 15 mins to city centre.