Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

39 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I submitted my ballot application a couple of days before I managed to get one ticket for the Switzerland and Hungary games, not sure if I should be cancelling my ballot application or not? It's still showing there just now, no error messages or anything. 

My instinct would be to cancel to give others a chance, but that will include touts so if you have mates who genuinely want to go I don't know the moral answer. Maybe fire off an email to UEFA, they sound quite good at responding? You could always use another email address if you're worried.

I know it's the other way round from the information the SFA gave

Any member who has already been successful in the UEFA ballot for a Scotland match or matches that take place during the same day as a Scotland match, will not be able to purchase tickets.

but I wouldn't be chancing anything that could get my own tickets cancelled.

Surprised there hasnt been any official communication from the SSC regarding sell out. There were pretty much daily emails in the lead up to the sale starting. I know there was a post on Twitter because someone linked it here but I'm not on Twitter. The last thing I got was an email telling me they were sorry for the code feck up and would start selling last Thursday instead. I was due to get a code yesterday but never got one obviously with the last standard sale ones sold sunday.

Think that's a bit poor really. Ok, it doesnt really matter but should they not be sticking round an email confirming all sold out and encouraging anyone who didnt get tickets to apply for the UEFA ballot before it closes? Is that asking too much? 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

56 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Surprised there hasnt been any official communication from the SSC regarding sell out. There were pretty much daily emails in the lead up to the sale starting. I know there was a post on Twitter because someone linked it here but I'm not on Twitter. The last thing I got was an email telling me they were sorry for the code feck up and would start selling last Thursday instead. I was due to get a code yesterday but never got one obviously with the last standard sale ones sold sunday.

Think that's a bit poor really. Ok, it doesnt really matter but should they not be sticking round an email confirming all sold out and encouraging anyone who didnt get tickets to apply for the UEFA ballot before it closes? Is that asking too much? 

Timely 

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Timely 

Ha 😆 literally half an hour later! Do you think someone's reading this thread? 

Still shouldnt have taken upwards of 48 hours mind. They were sold out Sunday afternoon. If they're not sending out codes on Monday there should have been an email instead confirming sell out before that. 

Its a small thing but not everyone has Twitter.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

To be fair to them tickets hadn't sold out at the weekend as there was wheelchair tickets left. 

They were sold in a different way though and you had to register separately in advance to buy those. Do we even know they've sold out now? @doulikefish posted "all gone apart from a couple of wheelchair" at 3:30pm on Sunday. I don't know if that literally meant 2 or just meant a handful as I've not got access to Twitter to read it.

Either way it's taken them 48 hours more to put out an email confirming regular tickets sold out. They didn't issue codes on Monday so either wheelchair tickets were gone by then or they were issued in a separate mailshot only to those who pre-registered as Accessible. There should have been an email out before they didn't send codes imo.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter and changes nothing. Just think it's a little unprofessional that the last email I got on Wednesday said "here's the schedule for issuing codes", told me I'd get one on Monday before noon, which I then didn't get and it's taken them till Tuesday at 3:30pm to tell me why I didn't. It's not a big deal though so I'll give it a rest at that. 🙂

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They were sold in a different way though and you had to register separately in advance to buy those. Do we even know they've sold out now? @doulikefish posted "all gone apart from a couple of wheelchair" at 3:30pm on Sunday. I don't know if that literally meant 2 or just meant a handful as I've not got access to Twitter to read it.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You and your lad will be able to get resale tickets no problem for the Scotland games no problem if you are willing to pay. 

I suspect you will be able to get them for a couple hundred or under from stubhub and viagogo and places like that even now.

Also when the official resale opens in the new year, will be loads of folk selling their official tickets. Genuinely don't think it will be tough to get a couple of tickets if willing to pay a wee bit.

Edited by Quentin Taranbino

8 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

You and your lad will be able to get resale tickets no problem for the Scotland games no problem if you are willing to pay. 

I suspect you will be able to get them for a couple hundred or under from stubhub and viagogo and places like that even now.

Also when the official resale opens in the new year, will be loads of folk selling their official tickets. Genuinely don't think it will be tough to get a couple of tickets if willing to pay a wee bit.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I wouldn't be buying from any unofficial outlets, UEFA aren't giving out QR codes until day of the game. 

Yeah, this. Not a chance I'm buying tickets from anybody other than UEFA directly. A hearty good luck to anyone prepared to do that.

I'll certainly pay Cat 1 prices officially for any game. Whether I'll pay them for all three is an entirely different question. I've also not booked any flights or accommodation though as at this point I've no tickets and we won't be going without them. I imagine that will make costs expensive also. We'll see. For the moment my hopes are pinned on the UEFA lottery.

England fans are getting guaranteed tickets to the knock outs if they progress, and have enough caps (points). Haven't heard of the SSC offering anything like that, maybe they're superstitious about over confidence. I've got 2 r16s and 2 Qfs in the bag and have applied for a few more in this public round, just hoping I don't get stuck with ones I can't swap or nobody will buy off me. 

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

England fans are getting guaranteed tickets to the knock outs if they progress, and have enough caps (points). Haven't heard of the SSC offering anything like that, maybe they're superstitious about over confidence. I've got 2 r16s and 2 Qfs in the bag and have applied for a few more in this public round, just hoping I don't get stuck with ones I can't swap or nobody will buy off me. 

Maybe it's because the ESTC are basing all ticket allocations on current cap levels and the SSC will be including points from games next year?

5 minutes ago, ColUFan said:

Maybe it's because the ESTC are basing all ticket allocations on current cap levels and the SSC will be including points from games next year?

Is that definite about the SSC doling out more points for the Spring friendlies? 

28 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It had passed me by when I applied for more tickets that you wouldn't find out until the end of January, what's the hold up? 

They're going to hold a lottery as well as deciding on distributing numbers to the different categories to maximise revenue. They might be waiting to see what demand there is from the corporate sector too. 

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

England fans are getting guaranteed tickets to the knock outs if they progress, and have enough caps (points). Haven't heard of the SSC offering anything like that

I thought fans of all teams will receive an allocation (once the fixtures are known)?

11 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I thought fans of all teams will receive an allocation (once the fixtures are known)?

Yes, but it's smaller than the group stages, 6000 for the Qfs and R16 rather than 10,000 for the groups. So you'll need more points.