🔴🟡 Partick Thistle v Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - Halloween extravaganza

42 minutes ago, AuAl said:

We're away so I can see us actually putting in a decent performance, with the aim of pressing Partick quite high and generally aiming to restrict their play wherever possible - looking to take opportunities on the break or via Partick errors that result from our press. 

In our previous 3 away games we were successful in that approach, got ourselves infront and ended up in relative control for large portions of the game, not solely relying on the pressing tactic - which was very pleasing to see.

The issue here is that I think Thistle have a better side than QP, Airdrie or Dunfermline. So we will see if that can actually work here - or if they'll just carve through us with relative ease like they did at Somerset.  We also don't have the focal point in Dowds, which will likely be a big loss.

I predict Partick 2-1 Ayr.

What stand are we in?

Colin Weir Stand as usual 

Better be quick and get your ticket as we'll sell out the stand again...

Edited by Rb123

17 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

He absolutely will. Best case for us is probably to go 3 in midfield and try to scrape a draw, we're not winning this.

Albinson

McAllister Stanger McGinty Reading

Syla Young

Chalmers Senga Murphy

Amartey

I'd be happy with that line up, but I fear there's more chance Bullen would start me up front than Amartey

Were very much in Dugmeat territory here with injuries and too many players now having to play out of their natural positions...witness BBG having to play a defensive midfield roll for most of match on Friday ,a left sided Ngenwa at right back and an attack minded McInroy pushed to back of midfield with Banzo and looking out of sorts .

With both MacMillan and Fitzpatrick both likely still out, Robinson not making the bench on Friday ,the elusive Mr Mckinley still has to kick a ball in anger likely out due to training injury and add to that Ngenwa taking a sore one on Friday before being subbed , our expectations are limited to say the least .Big Aero back but that's about it .

Would start big Tommi again but make sure he's got his laces tied this time to stop falling over every 5 mins , would also love to see more of wee Lyons as the game progresses.

2-1 Ayr .

Edited by I Clavdivs

9 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Colin Weir Stand as usual 

Better be quick and get your ticket as we'll sell out the stand again...

#ayraremassive

Hope to see the jags sell out the stand behind the goal just like last time we were there....

Edited by AuAl

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Were very much in Dugmeat territory here with injuries and too many players now having to play out of their natural positions...witness BBG having to play a defensive midfield roll for most of match on Friday ,a left sided Ngenwa at right back and an attack minded McInroy pushed to back of midfield with Banzo and looking out of sorts .

With both MacMillan and Fitzpatrick both likely still out, Robinson not making the bench on Friday ,the elusive Mr Mckinley still has to kick a ball in anger likely out due to training injury and add to that Ngenwa taking a sore one on Friday before being subbed , our expectations are limited to say the least .Big Aero back but that's about it .

Would start big Tommi again but make sure he's got his laces tied this time to stop falling over every 5 mins , would also love to see more of wee Lyons as the game progresses.

2-1 Ayr .

Bacon or square sausage?  Sorry.

19 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

He absolutely will. Best case for us is probably to go 3 in midfield and try to scrape a draw, we're not winning this.

Albinson

McAllister Stanger McGinty Reading

Syla Young

Chalmers Senga Murphy

Amartey

McAllister out for another 2 weeks yet. No way Amartey starts unless one of Mortons linebackers left his mark on someone on Saturday 

Ayr start every game two goals down, Morton were just too shite to take advantage. I expect normal service to resume on Tuesday. So it will be all about how many Ayr and Thistle score above that.

Ayr won’t have Dowds which will limit our ability to score so we will be hoping for Murphy and Chalmers to chip in. 
Thistle have had our number since Doolan took over and normally make an arse of our fullbacks. 

5-0 Thistle 

22 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr start every game two goals down, Morton were just too shite to take advantage. I expect normal service to resume on Tuesday. So it will be all about how many Ayr and Thistle score above that.

Ayr won’t have Dowds which will limit our ability to score so we will be hoping for Murphy and Chalmers to chip in. 
Thistle have had our number since Doolan took over and normally make an arse of our fullbacks. 

5-0 Thistle 

We literally kept a clean sheet against Dunfermline. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Removing the Dunfermline game, played 9 conceded 18. 

Your pedantic point doesn't mean we are great in defence all of a sudden. 

you can make stats say anything you want when you remove stuff ....

1 hour ago, Dauntless said:

you can make stats say anything you want when you remove stuff ....

I could make up loads of stuff to prove a point, or I could look at the facts and see that Ayr have conceded on average 1.8 goals a game.

Much better than 2 a game, silly me, what am I like?