St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

see Dean Shiels is touting himself for the job. 

Seen the article last night. Thought it was going to be a usual newspaper article clickbait about McCann or Dodds or something. 

Dean fucking Sheils 😂😂

While obviously I've absolutely no idea about his managerial ability and for all I know he could do a great job... It's not going to happen for him though!

56 minutes ago, chips said:

Has Scott Brown ruled himself out yet ?

Chucked a fiver on him at 16/1 as a f**k it bet, he's now moved up to 5/2 favourite 🫣🤣

I wondered yesterday if there was a reason why Brown's odds dropped as much as they did. 

Not ITK or anything but they're interviewing starting tomorrow according to local press so I reckon at very least someone knows something and he's on the list! 

43 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Don't understand why Yogi hasn't been announced yet, had it from a very good source that it's him a couple of days ago.

I imagine someone has given him the advice to shut up in the press about every job when they come up. Just making himself look desperate and then stupid when he gets nowhere near any of them. 

Obviously not going to happen though, thankfully..

Charlie Mulgrew the latest no mark former OF player to tell the media he'd take the job. Lucky us.

Sooner we appoint someone the better, cant be long until the articles are out about Barry Ferguson being the best man for the job.

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Seen the article last night. Thought it was going to be a usual newspaper article clickbait about McCann or Dodds or something. 

Dean fucking Sheils 😂😂

While obviously I've absolutely no idea about his managerial ability and for all I know he could do a great job... It's not going to happen for him though!

Also do not have much of an idea of the NI league however the same could have been said of Tommy Wrights managerial career at the time he came as coach.

So Lomas to return and Dean Sheils as his assistant.

I away to give big Stan a call the now to make it happen.

2 minutes ago, Center half said:

Also do not have much of an idea of the NI league however the same could have been said of Tommy Wrights managerial career at the time he came as coach.

TW had about 300 games as a manager and had won a domestic trophy with one of the smaller clubs before he joined us.

Dean Shiels took a side who hadnt finished below 9th for 5+ years to 12th (relegation, but avoided due to Covid), 9th and 11th.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Anyone in the main stand keep an eye on who's hanging around the comfy seating. 

Could probably have a decent 5 a side Celtic v Rangers game if all those the Record have linked turn up.