St. Johnstone v Ross County

13 minutes ago, Sonam said:

1-0 is hardly a very convincing victory though is it? Looking at the stats on BBC County had 56% possession, 2 shots on target compared to Saints 3, wow!

10-8 shots off target (to Saints). Of course, this was a winnable game for County. Despite our bad form. 

Saints will stay up, Levein like I said is decent. Good fixture for me normally as easier to get too. Feels like I'm on a Dundee forum or something! 

The post about coming to Saints - the second most successful team in Scottish football in the last decade - and expecting to win is very Dundee right enough. 

8 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67318546

Possibly the worst match report I've read on the BBC - seems Saints could have had a good few OGs.

Fucking useless BBC clowns.

That's a fucking shocker. That's that c***s professional job!

Sports journalism isn't for you Sean McGill, in fact journalism overall may be a bit of a stretch for you and if your editor is happy with that then it's definitely a step too far for him too.

22 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67318546

Possibly the worst match report I've read on the BBC - seems Saints could have had a good few OGs.

Fucking useless BBC clowns.

The last paragraph pretty much sums up the bbc reporting of anything non-OF in Scottish football. I never see a bbc article these days that isn’t littered with mistakes.

with home substitute Stevie May failing to kill the game as he fired straight at Mitov in the game's last decent chance.

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

If it’s the Sean McGill I’m thinking of, he can’t have long left University and got a job with the BBC, so I’d be willing to cut him some slack. Mistakes like those are hardly a new phenomenon at BBC Sport Scotland though. 

It doesn't matter a f**k if you're five years or five minutes in the job, if you can't read a teamsheet then sports journalism isn't for you.

As others have mentioned, it felt a very Tommy Wright side performance. 2 not very good teams, but saints just that bit better. Danda aside, County didn't seem to have much creativity about them at all.

The senior players won that for Saints, Gordon, Considine and Carey all really at it today.

By no stretch out of the woods yet, but Saints seem a different (almost familiar) beast now. You wouldn't put it past us going to Tynecastle and picking something up. 

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

If it’s the Sean McGill I’m thinking of, he can’t have long left University and got a job with the BBC, so I’d be willing to cut him some slack. Mistakes like those are hardly a new phenomenon at BBC Sport Scotland though. 

I’ve known plenty of students who could write very good pieces so there’s absolutely no excuse.

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It doesn't matter a f**k if you're five years or five minutes in the job, if you can't read a teamsheet then sports journalism isn't for you.

😆 thought you might say something like that. Maybe I’m going soft. 

I recall a midweek game v Alloa in the league cup in 2016. It was a a miserable night with torrential rain at Recreation Park and we lost 3-2. It was an abject performance from Ross County and I trudged back to the car totally despondant.

It wasnt raining yesterday in Perth, but as I walked back to the car I felt the same despondancy as I did that night 7 years ago. That was as bad a peformance that I can recall since that night in Alloa.

I have no axe to grind with anyone, but we are not progressing and that is what concerns me.

So I’d refrained from posting since I was trying to think the best way to describe the game and then someone nailed it, it was “Tommy Wright” in a nutshell. That is by no way a bad thing and I suspect Levien is cut from the same cloth which gives me hope this year again. 

To a man the team were good, there were no failures. Dan Phillips was having a shocker in the first half, almost gave away a goal at the start of the second but from that moment on he was excellent. Others have mentioned Matt Smith, that was a really assured and promising performance, his ability on the halftime is going to be a real asset. The three centrebacks didn’t put s foot wrong and the fact we didn’t even know Simon Murray was playing was testament to that. Special mention to Graham Carey who despite going through a horrible situation at home has somehow managed to improve his performances and up his levels, which is a show of true mental strength and I know the fans and the club will all be behind him and I think he knows that. 

As for County, that was rudderless. You’re playing a poor team with a shaky defence and it’s long ball stuff 95% of the time and the other 5% was get it to Dhanda and hope he can curl a cross into the box from the left hand side. 

Dont get me wrong, that first half of football would get football itself stopped, but we thoroughly deserved our win from the second half with the chances created alone.