Hearts vs St Johnstone: Craig Levein's return to Tynecastle

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I never said it's not worth mentioning, I said it's not worth moaning about. It was poor he never got away with it, he got booked. What else exactly do you want?

Nothing. I said it was horrendous and made me laugh and was happy to leave it there, and youve randomly taken some form of offence about that and decided its worth trying to argue over.

Bizarre stuff tbh. Just enjoy your night and victory or something.

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I never said it's not worth mentioning, I said it's not worth moaning about. It was poor he never got away with it, he got booked. What else exactly do you want?

As for the Forrest one, you got away with it massively which was a bigger shambles seeing as Vargas got the appropriate punishment.

Not worth debating stuff with RandomGuy, he'll wear you down his boring pishy replies.  I've seen it so often.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nothing. I said it was horrendous and made me laugh and was happy to leave it there, and youve randomly taken some form of offence about that and decided its worth trying to argue over.

Bizarre stuff tbh. Just enjoy your night and victory or something.

All over the place. As usual. 

I've not taken offence at all, I replied on a message board to a post you've made.  And I wasn't trying to argue in the slightest.

Odd.

So, so dull. But we seem to be consistently getting results against the bottom 10 now. Played 9, won 7, drawn 1 and lost 1 in the matches not immediately after a European game.

Feels like Naismith's success or failure will depend on whether those dreary single-goal wins start to turn into more impressive scorelines or dreary draws and defeats.

10 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Oddly enough (and I'm not saying you're lying - why would you bother? - just remarking on the coincidence) I remember there used to be a kickbacker with the exact same username as you. 

TBF, though, from memory, that one was obviously just a *** without the bus fares, rather than an actual Hearts fan.

Yes that was me. I'm now banned.

Never anything but a Hearts fan though.

6 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

No penalties this season in the League, here's another 'not referred to VAR or prompted by VAR to have a look at'

Think that’s one of those dodgy ones that whatever the referee gives, VAR sticks to. Which is totally shite when you have shitebag referees who don’t give things because VAR will do it anyway. That’s not as much of a stonewaller as a lot of JTs think though. 

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Think that’s one of those dodgy ones that whatever the referee gives, VAR sticks to. Which is totally shite when you have shitebag referees who don’t give things because VAR will do it anyway. That’s not as much of a stonewaller as a lot of JTs think though. 

We've had plenty 'non-use' of VAR, yes

38 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

We've had plenty 'non-use' of VAR, yes

You understand that VAR can be checking things without stopping the game, dont you?

I think that clip stops conveniently for this that want a penalty for that incident. He lands on both feet then his legs collapse from under him. As said above, could have been a penalty but I don’t think there’s definitely enough there to overturn the on field decision. Whoever it is that is challenged sells it a bit too hard.

49 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think that clip stops conveniently for this that want a penalty for that incident. He lands on both feet then his legs collapse from under him. As said above, could have been a penalty but I don’t think there’s definitely enough there to overturn the on field decision. Whoever it is that is challenged sells it a bit too hard.

He shouldn't have to go down though. The St Johnstone player makes a challenge, gets none of the ball and makes contact with Forrest. It's a clear foul.

However I do agree that once it's not given it's unlikely to be overturned. There seems to be a significant trend of not sending  refs to the monitor as much this season. I also think though that refs have gotten into the situation of not giving decisions and hoping that VAR will save them if wrong. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

He shouldn't have to go down though. The St Johnstone player makes a challenge, gets none of the ball and makes contact with Forrest. It's a clear foul.

However I do agree that once it's not given it's unlikely to be overturned. There seems to be a significant trend of not sending  refs to the monitor as much this season. I also think though that refs have gotten into the situation of not giving decisions and hoping that VAR will save them if wrong. 

Had that been the rangers 2012 it would have been tavanierpen 

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I dont know if there was a VAR review announced but there was a large stoppage for Considine to get treatment during which they replayed the penalty and a possible foul on Considine several times. Wasn't clear & only clips ive seen only show the 2nd incident.

Suspect they couldnt decide if it should be a free kick so went with the ref.

Seems quite odd that jonnies fans, a team I believe have also had no penalties in the League thus far also, reckon that penalty claim was quite arguable

Since start of season and indeed January's end, we've had F all from VAR where penalties are concerned

We should've had 2 just before HT at home to killie, a goal line clearance in paisley ignored, another handball in the same game, a complete and utter defensive dive and basically assault on Boyce at home to livi and now this one; many others against OF opposition probably forgotten amongst others; oh, 2 at Motherwell too

We actually wonder if the system is on; they don't give a **** if it isn't for OF teams now, they can't be arsed

Last year, about 9 penalties by this time, this year, 0

On 25/11/2023 at 19:35, RandomGuy. said:

Theres a difference between time wasting when youre a shite team away to one of the best teams in the division, and diving for penalties when youre one of the strongest teams in the division at home to a shite team.

The Vargas dive was hilariously bad though, to the point it genuinely made me laugh. The fact our defenders spent the rest of the trying to clatter him was both good and bad.

Well, the hilarious (and f**k me, it really was hilariously inept as a dive) dive was with less than ten minutes to go not ten minutes in, as per you post (and Gowser playacting to try and get Vargas sent off wasn't much better, really).  

Unless you meant the Forrest one, which looked like a decent though not stonewall penalty shout on replay on the telly last night, though I actually thought Shankland had tripped him at the match.