Ross County's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Ross County's next permanent manager?  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

f**k that, I'd far rather an experienced manager, with strong links to league 1 in England, especially London clubs. We've got 3 flights a day from Inverness to London, Ross County do well getting players wanting to make a name for themselves, up from those areas. 

Scottish central belt players tend to be way overrated, demand too much wages and then say they're homesick for a bottle of ginger once they get found out to be nowhere as good as their reputation. 

Imo Brown going to maybe attract a celtic youth player to sign for us but that's not good enough imo. He's also zero track record of developing players either.

Do you no sell bottles of ginger in Dingle Bay?

43 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I believe the only one of the quoted texts actually sent by MM were in relation to the South Korean player. 

I believe that there was an anti semitic text about a Jewish agent, a misogynistic text about a female agent, a racist text about a group of potential signings, pretty sure there was a homophobic one too. 

6 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I believe that there was an anti semitic text about a Jewish agent, a misogynistic text about a female agent, a racist text about a group of potential signings, pretty sure there was a homophobic one too. 

There were all of those, but none of them were sent by Mackay. 

He admitted to 3 texts and the following were quoted at the time but I've no idea which 3 he was admitting to 

"Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers.” – On football agent Phil Smith.

"He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted.” – Referring to an official at another club.

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.” – Referring to a list of potential signings.

"Fkn chinkys.” “Fk it. There’s enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.” – Referring to Cardiff midfielder Kim Bo-Kyung

"I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies." – Referring to a player's female agent.

18 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I don't believe this is true. 

11 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I believe the only one of the quoted texts actually sent by MM were in relation to the South Korean player. 

3 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

There were all of those, but none of them were sent by Mackay. 

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

The two messages relating to Kim Bo-Kyung are the only two the Daily Mail attribute to Mackay. I think it's safe to say if any of the others came from him the DM would have attributed them too. 

I don't know if you're trying to defend him here/semi-absolve him or not (apologies if not but it's coming across that way), but who sent them is fairly immaterial. He is accountable for typing some of them, and also reading, condoning and playing along with the others. A man in his position, and indeed any decent man, should never be making those kind of comments and should be immediately calling out the others. Shameful.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

I don't know if you're trying to defend him here/semi-absolve him or not (apologies if not but it's coming across that way), but who sent them is fairly immaterial. He is accountable for typing some of them, and also reading, condoning and playing along with the others. A man in his position, and indeed any decent man, should never be making those kind of comments and should be immediately calling out the others. Shameful.

They are not defending him, they are outlining the facts as they see it. 

Who sent them is absolutely not immaterial, and probably why he was never formally charged.

37 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Who sent them is absolutely not immaterial, and probably why he was never formally charged.

The reason he was never charged by the FA was because they concluded messages sent "with a legitimate expectation of privacy" were outside their jurisdiction. The incident did, however, prompt them to review their policies. 

58 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

The reason he was never charged by the FA was because they concluded messages sent "with a legitimate expectation of privacy" were outside their jurisdiction. The incident did, however, prompt them to review their policies. 

I meant in a criminal capacity. Unlike Martindale. 

I'm not at all sure that I buy into the idea that public atonement is something that is a prerequisite to a mindset and behavioural change for the better.

I'm not particularly aware of any high profile god fearing Highland football club owner seeking to share the story of when their flesh was weak and endeavouring to be a better person.

17 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

The two messages relating to Kim Bo-Kyung are the only two the Daily Mail attribute to Mackay. I think it's safe to say if any of the others came from him the DM would have attributed them too. 

He admitted to 3 himself.  

24 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Defending MalKKKy is a weird hill to die on, a misogynistic racist with no place in football. 

Well yes, but if we’re going to be fair to people accused of things, we have to be fair to arseholes like Malky.  Accusing him of things he didn’t do detracts from what he actually did do - which should have prevented him ever being appointed by themselves. 

On his replacement, I have heard nothing to suggest it won’t be Don Cowie.   Who… isn’t Mackay.