Week 12

lichtie23

15 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

It was weird, I was watching but had started dosing off a wee bit. They were doing one of the features and I heard the alarm, at first thought it was in my house. Still, it got me out of my slumber for the end of the game.

Philly gets another close but unconvincing win. We'll see what happens, it could be my bias speaking but I think one or two losses and things start to implode for Philly, can already see how some of their players get agitated when things aren't going their way.

I hate the Eagles. Hurts is in my opinion massively overrated, Sirriani has an incredibly punchable face and their fans are and always have been scum  

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I hate the Eagles. Hurts is in my opinion massively overrated, Sirriani has an incredibly punchable face and their fans are and always have been scum  

I've said on here before I think Hurts is over-rated in general, but that's not to say he's a flat-out bad QB. I think he's carried a lot by the talent around him, but all individual players depend on the support of team mates and coaches and will perform better or worse depending on situation. Hurst strikes me as the sort of QB who is more than capable if he's put in an advantageous situation, but I don't see him as the type who can elevate the play of those around him or be successful in a mediocre situation.

That might develop a bit as he ages, but I have my suspicions that if you just parachuted him into a mediocre team right now he'd struggle a bit and look like a poor QB. He's certainly not on the level of the few genuinely elite QB's around the league, so it jars a bit hearing him mentioned in that company.

NFC is a bit short on QB'ing talent in general, but if the Eagles fall in a significant hole versus another solid team in the playoffs, 9'ers or Cowboys perhaps, I don't think Hurts is yet capable of putting the entire team on his shoulders and dragging them back to a win.

I still think the NFC Champ will be SF or the Eagles, but I doubt that in the Eagles case that will be because of Hurts carrying the team, more he'll be along for the ride.