Saint Mirren v Queen of the South

Bluenortherner

14 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

If they use USH does that mean  Queens have to pay half the cost with it being a Cup Tie 

I don't know the answer to that ... although I think I've read in the past that some match costs such as police/stewarding are removed before the attendance income is then split between the clubs.  @Skyline Drifter would know the answer to this.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This game being played at Premiership team so presumably VAR will be involved?

Straight red incoming for McClelland then ... ?

16 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This game being played at Premiership team so presumably VAR will be involved?

Seemingly not: 

Queens put Dundee United out the cup I don't see this as a forgone conclusion though Saints rightly are favourites. Safe journey to the Queen's faithful. Across from the main stand in a small industrial estate is a fixed food outlet should you arrive early and need a bite to eat and a warm drink their stuff is decent. 

1 hour ago, Dougie Mills said:

Looks like we’ve sold about 350 odd tickets for this so far which is quite decent for us these days.

👏👏 we deserve much better.

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Queens put Dundee United out the cup I don't see this as a forgone conclusion though Saints rightly are favourites. Safe journey to the Queen's faithful. Across from the main stand in a small industrial estate is a fixed food outlet should you arrive early and need a bite to eat and a warm drink their stuff is decent. 

Aye but we were very fortunate. United had about 35 shots to our 9 that day, plus our keeper had a blinder. Any other day and we'd have been seriously humped.

Thanks for the match info btw. 👍

So who's made it through this weeks training, are Logan, Cochrane and Reilly now available?

I'm not even going to hazard a guess as to what our team and shape will be. I can only hope  those mentioned are available. Without them I don't expect their keeper to use his gloves!

Looks like we're going to take a good support, hope it's not another Falkirk display.

Edited by bod

54 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I'll reiterate what @ZingaliMan says - safe travels.

For those of you coming up by train, Paisley St. James station is literally about 100 meters' walk from the ground. Given the forecast tomorrow, that might be useful to know. :) 

Forecast is decent for tomorrow afternoon. Dry and bright until evening time.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye but we were very fortunate. United had about 35 shots to our 9 that day, plus our keeper had a blinder. Any other day and we'd have been seriously humped.

Thanks for the match info btw. 👍

Yes and no.

Dundee United did dominate and have lots of chances.

With even semi competent officials, however, they wouldn't even have taken us to extra time and penalties.  Their equaliser involved one of the worst decisions I've ever seen so I struggle with any narrative that suggests United got robbed.

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes and no.

Dundee United did dominate and have lots of chances.

With even semi competent officials, however, they wouldn't even have taken us to extra time and penalties.  Their equaliser involved one of the worst decisions I've ever seen so I struggle with any narrative that suggests United got robbed.

I never said United were robbed (you did), just that we were fortunate given their 35 attempts on goal. If The Buddies have that number of efforts on our goal tomorrow then I think their conversion rate will be better than United's. I'm expecting a real backs to the wall game tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

5-0 Saints

shell n peas

Not exactly unlikely is it though ... top half Premiership at home vs injury hit strugglers in the bottom half of Tier 3. Our levels of expectations are very low.

Edited by Otis Blue