Queen's Parks' Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tam Courts would be my number one pick for me 

Rhys McCabe, I’d definitely be asking the question. Would he actually want to join, I’m not so sure but I’d say it’s worth the try. Tries to play good football, strong emphasis on young guys but crucially actually still wins games of football in the process 

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Rhys McCabe, I’d definitely be asking the question. Would he actually want to join, I’m not so sure but I’d say it’s worth the try. Tries to play good football, strong emphasis on young guys but crucially actually still wins games of football in the process 

Yes, one league win in seven. Leave him alone, he’s ours.

19 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Tam Courts would be my number one pick for me 

Unfortunately I think Rhys will be in the mix,  it appears that his playing career is slowly coming to an end, still a top player at this level as well,  We miss him badly, that aside..

Ambitious manager,  modern training centre,  a club with the same philosophy football wise as he wants to play,   not to mention higher wages and far bigger budget....     It would be a tough choice.....

14 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Tony Mowbray

Not a chance in hell, blokes just had a 6 figure plus payoff, doesn't need the hassle of moving away from home again.
He spoke openly about the Sunderland job being a great fit when he took it as it meant he could see his kids through the week and even pick them up from school. He couldn't do that when he was at Blackburn, never mind up in Glasgow.

Queens Park have a young squad, you know who works well with youngsters? 

"Give me 20-25 kids, and I would take them away to an island for five years where nobody could get access to them and then bring them back," he says. "Discipline, total football, no outside influence, and work with them daily. I would love somebody to invest in that for three years to see where it could take you.“

Spoiler

C506EA38-3AB1-4285-83DE-8FA3D63D5114.thumb.jpeg.9daa994324c587a97e42255ea8eb9955.jpeg

If we want to fling something left field in, with a proven record in a competitive league, Stephen Bradley from Shamrock Rovers. Just won his fourth league title in a row and the League of Ireland has finished for winter.

Would say much of the League of Ireland is on a par with the Scottish Championship and it’s a league where most teams can beat each other on their day. 300 games in management and isn’t even 40 years old yet. 

Whether he’d see it as an attractive proposition, I don’t know. However, if we could afford guys who’d been at AZ and Anderlecht, I doubt money would be an issue. He’d be the guy I’d actually ask the question to first, but I just don’t think we will. 

I really don't see us taking a punt on anyone without a bit of experience in Scottish football. And, no, not Yogi.

We made bold appointments with Laurie Ellis and Robin Veldman (to our credit I would say) and they didn't end well.  

To be honest, I would have been happy if we'd retained Veldman and appointed an auld Scottish heid like Dick to help him. The squad is so young and inexperienced, we need someone who can identify a seasoned pro who can kick the erses of the guys we have and pull them together.