Dumbarton vs Clyde

Match Outcome  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/12/23 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Things really must be dire at Clyde to celebrate a point against Stevie Farrell that keeps you rooted to the bottom of the league on single figures, like that.

Ach, they scored two injury time goals to gain an unlikely point in what has been a dreadful season for them so far. I'd probably have been just as delighted as them if we were in their position.

Just now, microdave said:

Ach, they scored two injury time goals to gain an unlikely point in what has been a dreadful season for them so far. I'd probably have been just as delighted as them if we were in their position.

Nope. Should’ve been grabbing the ball out the net to get a winner. Unacceptable IMO.

33 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I couldn’t figure out what they were complaining about. Looked bizarrely that they were saying it should’ve been a penalty instead of a goal.

Surely no different to an off the ball foul or a foul the ref plays advantage from. He can still go back and give a card to the player afterwards.

42 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

You frequently see keepers at a much higher level caught out by shots like Leslie's, so I wouldn't be too harsh on the young lad there.

A braver keeper with a set of baws on him saves that every single day of the week. He didn’t fancy getting in the way of it IMHO. 

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A braver keeper with a set of baws on him saves that every single day of the week. He didn’t fancy getting in the way of it IMHO. 

Yep. It’s one of those when a keeper saves one straight at him from point blank range, you’ll get some people saying “amazing save” and others saying the keeper “just has to stand up to it”. He has to be prepared to get it square in the face. Bizarre as a keeper your reaction is to basically duck out the way of it.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I doubt he'd have rushed out twice to face up Rennie (once making an excellent save, the other time doing enough to make him put it wide) if he lacked any kind of bravery. You see keepers at the top level regularly beaten by similar hits to the third; from relatively close range, powerful, around shoulder height. The real clanger for that goal comes from Lynas, who gets sucked in and also enjoys zero support down that line from MacLean when he's got an overload to deal with. The cross he dropped in the first half under very little pressure was the only thing (other than some of his kicking into the wind) which made me look at Broun and think "dodgy"; I don't blame you lot for putting him under the microscope when you're looking to replace an excellent first-choice, but to chuck him under the bus for that third goal is extremely harsh imo.

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I doubt he'd have rushed out twice to face up Rennie (once making an excellent save, the other time doing enough to make him put it wide) if he lacked any kind of bravery. You see keepers at the top level regularly beaten by similar hits to the third; from relatively close range, powerful, around shoulder height. The real clanger for that goal comes from Lynas, who gets sucked in and also enjoys zero support down that line from MacLean when he's got an overload to deal with. The cross he dropped in the first half under very little pressure was the only thing (other than some of his kicking into the wind) which made me look at Broun and think "dodgy"; I don't blame you lot for putting him under the microscope when you're looking to replace an excellent first-choice, but to chuck him under the bus for that third goal is extremely harsh imo.

Lynas absolutely gets sooked out of position, as I alluded to in an earlier post, and he’s also one of the guys I’d be looking to replace in that starting 11 ASAP but I’m still expecting my goalkeeper to save that shot 9 times out of 10. If it was Parry or Leighfield you’d all be saying the same thing.