Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

Just now, Stellaboz said:

A team of clueless league one players. 

100% this. Rovers are a good championship team, they set up to win games, no matter what it takes. They’ve obviously done that very well so far too.

We just looked totally lost late on and, as I say, couldn’t exploit the obvious weakness, up against a one-legged keeper. Players should have been shooting on sight, to the keeper’s right. Balls into the box should have been on top of him, since he clearly wasn’t wanting to come and catch the ball. But none of the coaches or players can even spot that really obvious weakness.

We sat so far back in the second half, spent a lot of time trying to get forward but a combination of poor passes or hoofed clearances kept us under more pressure than we needed to. For Dunfermline, Otoo is quality but that was about it. Hopefully their two defenders that went off injured are ok. Fisher in the first half looked a bad one

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

We need to sort out the defence/goalkeeper situation, desperately!

Exactly the same can be said of us right now. Playing Kev was a stupid gamble, IMO. We may have extended the time he needs to take off to heal, and McNeil back for January suggests either Thomson isn't 100% or IM had worries about Big Kev. If IM had worries about Big Kev and played him, I'd like him boiled in hot oil, please.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

100% this. Rovers are a good championship team, they set up to win games, no matter what it takes. They’ve obviously done that very well so far too.

We just looked totally lost late on and, as I say, couldn’t exploit the obvious weakness, up against a one-legged keeper. Players should have been shooting on sight, to the keeper’s right. Balls into the box should have been on top of him, since he clearly wasn’t wanting to come and catch the ball. But none of the coaches or players can even spot that really obvious weakness.

It's so frustrating. Late on rhey should be going far more direct, throwing bodies and balls into the box. Nah, let's pass it about then give it away 25 yards out or over hit a cross. 

Just now, Moneyshot said:

Tedious sideways pish and gutless up top. 
What do they do all week at training min 

Play up against Mehmet… I can’t work out whether they’ll make Mehmet look good in training, or if he makes the attacking players look decent.

We switch off far too much defensively and aren’t clinical at all when we have the ball in the attacking third. Both of these were issues last season too, but we haven’t plugged any of the gaps/deficiencies we had because they weren’t a major issue at League 1 level.

Another really flat performance at EEP and a disappointing defeat. Never felt we were going to find a second equaliser and Rovers eased to the win.

Some of the performances out there suggest even the guys left weren’t match fit. Wighton in particular looked deed.

Further injuries to Fisher and Breen means we have no choice but to get in a defender or two this month.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

I have to agree. At what point do you guys start questioning McPake? From a distance you're surviving despite his management, not thanks to it, and with even more injuries today, there's a slippery slope just waiting for you.

13 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Get it up you you Townie c***s 😊

Now, the question is, do we make up bits of A4 with ‘4 in a row’ on them, like the Pars fans did in our last relegation season back in ‘97. I’m not that petty, but others may be. 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Now, the question is, do we make up bits of A4 with ‘4 in a row’ on them, like the Pars fans did in our last relegation season back in ‘97. I’m not that petty, but others may be. 

Just showing yourself up as an old duffer still worked up about stuff that happened almost 30 years ago.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Exactly the same can be said of us right now. Playing Kev was a stupid gamble, IMO. We may have extended the time he needs to take off to heal, and McNeil back for January suggests either Thomson isn't 100% or IM had worries about Big Kev. If IM had worries about Big Kev and played him, I'd like him boiled in hot oil, please.

Our goalkeeping issue is different, to be fair. We had 2 keepers on the bench that are deemed worse than the clown we have signed up for the next 2 and a half years.

Dabrowski clearly shouldn’t have been playing. If we had a one-legged keeper, I’m sure you’d have hammered us. Guys like Vaughan and Easton would be exploiting it at every opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I have to agree. At what point do you guys start questioning McPake? From a distance you're surviving despite his management, not thanks to it, and with even more injuries today, there's a slippery slope just waiting for you.

Honestly, I’m questioning him. The derbies this year, we’ve looked like McGlynn’s Falkirk side up against us last season. It’s frustrating, because we set up with the tactic of ‘just win’ in those games last season. But seem to have no idea how to win games this season.

Not saying it’s time for him to go. But he’s struggling tactically, regardless of the injury situation. There hasn’t been much between the teams in the (league) games this season. But we’ve been undone and out-thought every time. Murray is clearly a much better manager, there’s no doubt about that.

I just can’t understand how a professional football manager doesn’t have the team shooting on sight against a one-legged keeper. Not even that, we didn’t try and test/exploit him at all with balls into the box. Just set up to do the exact same thing that has got us 0 wins in 4 games now. We’re just setting up the exact same and have the exact same game plan/tactics, regardless of opponents. It’s really poor.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Play up against Mehmet… I can’t work out whether they’ll make Mehmet look good in training, or if he makes the attacking players look decent.

We switch off far too much defensively and aren’t clinical at all when we have the ball in the attacking third. Both of these were issues last season too, but we haven’t plugged any of the gaps/deficiencies we had because they weren’t a major issue at League 1 level.

100% this. 
Also to the game management point above, not once did we leave a forward on the 18 yard line waiting for the ball to come back despite Rovers having a centre half taking the goal kicks. Such an easy and obvious thing to do rather than having all our players back on the half way line. 

Well we made it competitive which was what I was wanting before the game and from there see if we can sneak something. We started the game well but after 10/15 mins rovers were the better team and deserved to be ahead. All the guys around me had resigned themselves that rovers would grab a second the way the game was going. Fair play to Summers to give the team a lift out of nowwhere with a wee bit of magic. 

What is frustrating is losing 2 goals from set pieces against a rovers team who arn't particularly big.  After losing 2 cbs again we did ok but miss real quality up front. Most of the second half was a carbon copy of the 0-1 game at east end where we couldn't break down an organised rovers side while they lacked a bit of quality on the break to kill the game. Frustating we couldnt test the keeper more but thats down to rovers pretty solid defending along with our lack of quality. I think we have only scored 11 goals at home in 9 games(need to check that when I get home). We also seem to lose something in midfield when Otoo has to drop back in defence

As a side note I have noticed that most of the songs rovers fans sing seem to be about the pars which I quite enjoy.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force