Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Apart from Morton, I can’t remember a good 90 minute performance from us at EEP this season tbh.

I felt like we played well majority of the match v ICT. Just couldn’t score. 

If we win this it’ll be down to Raith shitting the bed. Really can’t see us getting anything at all. We have got one fit, out-and-out centre half available going in to this. We are really out our depth with all these injuries. Otto, McCann, Breen, Bene are all big misses IMO. 

Would be hilarious to hear the inevitable Murray implosion should we win. Him and his players have came across as really bad winners. I get the feeling he is the type of person to be absolutely incandescent with rage when his team loses. Won’t happen though.  

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its not an insult, I just think its quite pathetic listening to Dunfermline fans trying to claim that somehow they won't be able to put out a team.  I've looked at your last 3 matches.  7 on the bench, 8 on the bench, 9 on the bench.  Its not like you're really struggling to get 11 players to play.

Who is saying we can’t field a team? Most of those subs against Ayr were untested youth players. We can field a team, but it is missing a lot of players where their name would be nailed down as starters. We are definitely suffering right now and will be up against it against anyone in this league. Any team would be with their captain, vice captain, and five other starters out. 

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Rovers fans, do you expect to strengthen in January or will it be a case of keep the group you have and only add if necessary? I think Dundee Utd will definitely strengthen after your win on Tayside earlier in the month. 

Murray has hinted at some activity but more on the lines of “we’ll see what happens” and “loan market”. He mentioned after the Partick game he’d really like a winger with blistering pace as feels it’s something we miss. 

There will be some movement in some sense as if Watson is still out for a considerable amount of time, well need to make a call on O’Reilly as we only signed him until Jan. he could possibly have suitors also as a number of clubs in this division are in dire need of a centre back. 

Lewis Stevenson rumour seems to pop up all the time, and heard it again at weekend - but I think it’s an area we need to strengthen in the full back area, even just for cover. 

To the game on Tuesday, given our defensive frailties of late I’d like us to shore up things and play the 4-2-3-1 with Brown and Byrne sitting. Vaughan just off Hamilton with Easton and Connolly either side. It’s a hard one though because the 4-1-3-2 has got us to where we currently sit in the table - but it highlights just how effective Sam Stanton has been for us in that role. In his absence, I personally don’t think we have the personnel to continue with it and would much rather us have a bit more cover in the middle of the park. 

Gaffer was raging in the video - so hoping the players have had a rocket and quietly confident we can pick up the 3 points. 

26 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are you lot really trying to claim your injury problems are worse than ours?  Really?  We haven't had a full bench all season, and we had to play an actual goalkeeper outfield, while having a backline of 3 midfielders and a full back.  Its quite pathetic listening to the big full time team trying to claim they are somehow much worse off than anyone else.

Please share where any pars fan has said our injuries and squad issues are worse than Abroaths are just now or anyone else. 

We are allowed to comment on our threads, about how many players we are missing. If you don't like it then f**k off back to your own threads. Seems its not just kippers being smoked in Arbroath tonight. 

31 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its not an insult, I just think its quite pathetic listening to Dunfermline fans trying to claim that somehow they won't be able to put out a team.  I've looked at your last 3 matches.  7 on the bench, 8 on the bench, 9 on the bench.  Its not like you're really struggling to get 11 players to play.

But why did you respond to/quote a post that didn’t mention injuries at all and just said you played better than us last week, to have this rant? Really strange behaviour.

Also, we’ve had 2 keepers on the bench every game and have named 3/4 kids on the bench that have never played a professional game. Plus we had 3 important players pick up injuries yesterday. As of full time yesterday, we had 9 fit outfield players that have ever started a game of professional football. It’s hardly ridiculous to be saying that’s concerning, particularly ahead of a derby.

I’ll be honest, I’ve not seen anyone claiming we have it worse than you, can you point me in the direction of someone who has? Right now, you just seem to be looking for something to be offended about. Again, I’ll point out that your rant was in response to my post saying that you played better than us last week. Do you really think this has been a rational response to that?

Edited by CallumPar

57 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If we win this it’ll be down to Raith shitting the bed. Really can’t see us getting anything at all. We have got one fit, out-and-out centre half available going in to this. We are really out our depth with all these injuries. Otto, McCann, Breen, Bene are all big misses IMO. 

I hope we've got no shit left to shite the bed with after Ayr n Arbroath 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are you lot really trying to claim your injury problems are worse than ours?  Really?  We haven't had a full bench all season, and we had to play an actual goalkeeper outfield, while having a backline of 3 midfielders and a full back.  Its quite pathetic listening to the big full time team trying to claim they are somehow much worse off than anyone else.

I don’t think anyone was claiming they had worse injuries, sounds a wee bit “my dad would batter your dad” pish. However, our injury record had been appalling this season. As bad as I can remember in my 32 years on the planet.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Our bench from Saturday might have had seven substitutes, but two were keepers, two senior players (one coming back from injury) and the rest academy players. Yes we have the luxury of filling the bench with kids but none of them have played first team football. 

Now going into Tuesdays game, we might chuck one or both of our sub goalies up front, worked for you.

Edited by The Toun Clock

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Certainly created more clear cut chances than we usually do but still felt Inverness had control of the middle of the park.

Still should have won though, clearly.

I don't care if the pars are playing the under 12's due to injuries, I'm still wanting to see Brown and Byrne start together in midfield. 

13 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Would be hilarious to hear the inevitable Murray implosion should we win. Him and his players have came across as really bad winners. I get the feeling he is the type of person to be absolutely incandescent with rage when his team loses. Won’t happen though.  

In fairness, we pumped Dunfermline last game at the KDM with half a team missing and one centre back (playing his first game in 6 months and making his debut) along with a formation the manager decided on the afternoon before the game.

It’s a cliche but really anything can happen in a derby and any Pars fans saying they have no chance are at it. They are not any worse off than an Ayr side that played over a half with 10 men against us or an Arbroath side which we lead 2-0 whilst they played a goalkeeper upfront and had one actually defender in their back 4 and both got a point at Starks. No reason the Pars can’t get a result here, especially with home advantage.

I think Murray comes across well and generally talks a lot of sense. He clearly has an edge to him but certainly seems less perma raging than McPake. Absolutely agree on the Social Media side of things though, we’ve had a lot of fun after wins, and rightly so, particularly against the Pars which is fine but I imagine Dunfermline will have a field day when they finally get the chance to throw it back at us, again rightly so.

Think this is a huge game for us. The last 2 results have been incredibly disappointing. 2 draws at home to anyone in this league can happen but the circumstances in both games are what made them so poor. We need a reaction here.

If we can go to Dunfermline win again and put in a decent performance, I think it will settle everyone down and give us confidence we can kick on and aren’t beginning our drop off (Our current form the first half of the season is unsustainable so there will be a drop off regardless but there are varying degrees). However, a defeat would be very disappointing, following up the win at Tannadice with 2 points from 9 would be really poor and have most of us fearing the drop off in form could be on the more dramatic end of the scale. 

12 hours ago, Enigma said:

No easy games at the KDM. Don’t care what their fans say it won’t be a cakewalk for us. This pars team aren’t mugs.

Em… did you forget your last visit? Again, I honestly can’t see McPake allowing a repeat of that, but there definitely is such a thing as an easy game at East End. For some reason, I think we might get a draw tomorrow. The players have to want some sort of revenge/want to make amends for the cup game.

22 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I think Murray comes across well and generally talks a lot of sense. He clearly has an edge to him but certainly seems less perma raging than McPake. Absolutely agree on the Social Media side of things though, we’ve had a lot of fun after wins, and rightly so, particularly against the Pars which is fine but I imagine Dunfermline will have a field day when they finally get the chance to throw it back at us, again rightly so.

Agree with the first part, Murray comes across well, I’ve said before that I like him and I think he’ll go on to be a very good manager at a higher level. McPake certainly didn’t come across well after your last minute winner at Starks. Generally, McPake has been pretty honest in his interviews, but that was clearly a lot easier when we strolled to the league 1 title than it’s been this year.

Also, our social media is terrible. There would be no response to what you guys have done at all. If we won, the goals would be up at midnight with “This one’s for you Pars fans” and they’d post celebration pics the next morning with something like “That derby winning feeling”. But that’s about it. I like your social media output, it’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to - getting people talking about Raith Rovers. It’s all just harmless banter. Just don’t like that we seem to give you so much to take the piss out of!

Can only think some Pars fans are accusing us of being "bad winners" because they've forgotten what winning looks and feels like.

Just the 18 (eighteen) point gap, despite us being rank for weeks. 

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

In fairness, we pumped Dunfermline last game at the KDM with half a team missing and one centre back (playing his first game in 6 months and making his debut) along with a formation the manager decided on the afternoon before the game.

In fairness, we were also terrible that night, probably our worst home performance of the season, as bad as Ayr a few weeks before.

You did have a few players out at the back but you have a lot of quality in midfield and up front which probably masked your deficiencies at the back on the night plus again we were rubbish.

Our injuries have been right through the team not just limited to defence (although all our centre halves have had spells out) Every week it seems to be a different player out and someone has to move from their natural position to cover, often during games which has limited our ability to make changes to see a game out or get back into a game if behind.

However unlucky we may claim to be, JM chose to go with what we had, so this situation is, at least in part, down to him 

I'm not making excuses and I'm not "at it" - even first choice 11 v 11 we'd be second best.

I'll go 1-3 for tomorrow. Stanton will probably still score....

Aye, I’m not getting this bad losers tag either tbh - firstly because we’ve no lost in 15 games and secondly I don’t think any our players reactions are any different to others in the league. 

Robbie Muirhead of Morton’s aimed gestures at the South Stand as well as most recently Ben Dempsey of Ayr. I see no harm in Dylan Easton shhh a few away fans who have been roaring pelters at him for a period of a game or in a previous game. 

The Arbroath boys claim that Ian Murray was roaring at Gayfield your going down - I’m no buying that at all and it’s probably some made up shite stemming back from when they pipped us to the league.