Morton vs Ayr 2nd January - New Year Cracker

Great to see Dougie smiling in the post-match once again. On Robbie Muirhead = "I love him. He's a joy to work with".

EDIT = Dougie's stood sideawise on the Cappielow gym treadmilI for Gareth's interview to get the right camera angle.

I just wish that the monumental cretin holding the treadmill 'Start/Stop/Forwards/Backwards' Bluetooth remote would stop pishing about with it, and stop moving our honourable gaffer from side to side like a fucking rowing boat in a Clyde estuary Force 8 storm.

What a gaffer. Focused, decisive - and proven to be vertically stable in the event of Greenock's first earthquake.

Edited by Chippyminton

First 10 minutes we couldn't get out of our half, despite Ayr not doing much with their possession. We put in a number of overhit crosses from the left side and the first time we put a real move down the right side, we scored from it.

Second half was very one-sided and as comfortable a 45 minutes as I've seen in a long time. Lovely to see big Robbie score a perfect hat-trick.

Incredible to think we were sitting bottom a few weeks ago.

Did anyone else at the game see McGeady give the finger to people up in the stand or was it just me.

Presume some form of sectarian abuse was probably shouted in his direction if i was to take a guess

My Ayr MOTM has to go to Jay Senga for utterly rattling the Cowshed despite their team having one of the most convincing wins they’ll ever have. This was after he was blatantly stood on as well. Can you boys not just enjoy a deserved win now and again?

Really professional performance from us today. Other than the first 10/15 mins when Ayr pressed us a little we comfortable throughout. I’d be really concerned if I was a Ayr fan there today. I know yous are missing a few at the back your lads looked totally done in. Zero confidence in them. Still can’t believe the boy at RB is getting a game. Thought he’d have punted back to his parent club by now. Called it at the beginning of the season but McGeady is finished. Was there a bit of verbals between him and the fans when/before he went off? 

Although he never got a goal today big George up front was superb. He really gets us up the park. Robbie Crawford was everywhere. Really hope Wilson stays until the end of the season as he has been simply superb the last while. 

Oh and last but not least…

ROBBIE FUCKING MUIRHEAD! Only annoying thing is he’ll miss Saturday now with his confidence through the roof after today.

16 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Did anyone else at the game see McGeady give the finger to people up in the stand or was it just me.

Presume some form of sectarian abuse was probably shouted in his direction if i was to take a guess

That's a pretty severe allegation to make.

17 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

My Ayr MOTM has to go to Jay Senga for utterly rattling the Cowshed despite their team having one of the most convincing wins they’ll ever have. This was after he was blatantly stood on as well. Can you boys not just enjoy a deserved win now and again?

Who? 

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

sectarian abuse

.......... is non-existent at Cappielow. We've more dignity and decency than that - just as every other honourable club in Scotland outwith the ugly sisters has. Any 'abuse' he received from the Cowshed would only have been handed out because he was shite.

Although tbf - an epic 12 minutes isn't a basis for an objective performance appraisal.

But under the circumstances - I'll allow it.

Edited by Chippyminton

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Steve Austin What GIF

2 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

More red dots that the Homophobic and Misogynistic post earlier in the thread...

Do better Morton fans  

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

From ‘presume’ to ‘sectarian’ to ‘probably’ to ‘guess’…

This really is the worst kind of post and you should be having a serious word with yourself.

3 hours ago, Rb123 said:

I sit in the stand in line with the home dugout. After he was tackled the guy behind me shouted “that’s your first touch of the game “

For some reason that triggered him to start shouting up.

It’s the mildest shout i’ve ever heard to garner such a heads gone

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I see you Morton fans, The new Airdrie

Screenshot2024-01-02223658.thumb.jpg.8fbd1b573ad4599ff03557567f4d1ad8.jpg

Wha?

Further to a very civilised, mutually respectful recent match thread between us & the diamonds, I have to say that I found Airdrie supporters to be an almost universally great bunch. Proper supporters of the game in every respect. I think you should maybe reset and update your fitba bias clock to 2024.

8 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Wha?

Further to a very civilised, mutually respectful recent match thread between us & the diamonds, I have to say that I found Airdrie supporters to be an almost universally great bunch. Proper supporters of the game in every respect. I think you should maybe reset and update your fitba bias clock to 2024.

aye, keep sweeping

54 minutes ago, standman said:

I sit in the stand in line with the home dugout. After he was tackled the guy behind me shouted “that’s your first touch of the game “

For some reason that triggered him to start shouting up.

It’s the mildest shout i’ve ever heard to garner such a heads gone

Particularly when he had only been on the park two minutes 😂

Sounds more like an observation than anything else!