Livingston v Heart of Midlothian

I actually hate football now, VAR has literally killed the game, to think morons actually wanted it implemented.

An excellent 3 points after a really poor first half-hour. Pretty reminiscent of our last win there a couple of years ago.

Shankland has obviously taken the penalty jibes personally. Another belter of a finish.

A couple of Gino-esque goals from Vargas in the last two games. Hopefully he's found his feet. Forrest was also very good once we started getting the ball up to the front three.

Awful first half hour, marginally better before the break and much better 2nd half. If Kent doesn't have a brainfart we are in no danger. Tbf to Kent it's clearly and accident, but a pen these days. How it took that long to come to the decision was absolutely ridiculous. 

Vargas and Forrest were excellent.  Thought Denholm had a brilliant 15 minutes as well when he came on, really helped settle us.

If anyone had said we'd take 13 from 15 after Pittodrie they'd have been certified. Now for the break, hopefully get a lot of players back and add one or two.

Decent performance today and not far off coming away with a point. Sounds like the offside was marginal as opposed to it fundamentally being what led to the ball going into the back of the net.

Thought Yengi looked really bright when he came on. Keen to see the replay of Clark’s save with his foot from Nottingham. Seemed like Notts didn’t connect well with it.

Hearts looked pretty ordinary and strike me as similar to Aberdeen in that both teams have an excellent striker that could finish a half chance out of nowhere. For the first goal it seemed we had plenty of bodies back there so disappointing to allow him to get away. Forrest is still a pest; wish we still had him!

Edited by crispy

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

Decent performance today and not far off coming away with a point. Sounds like the offside was marginal as opposed to it fundamentally being what led to the ball going into the back of the net.

Thought Yengi looked really bright when he came on. Keen to see the replay of Clark’s save with his foot from Nottingham. Seemed like Notts didn’t connect well with it.

Hearts looked pretty ordinary and a trike me as similar to Aberdeen in that both teams have an excellent striker that could finish a half chance out of nowhere. For the first goal it seemed we had plenty of bodies back there so disappointing to allow him to get away. 

For the Forrest goal it seemed that Hamilton was in two minds; firstly coming out for the ball and then changing to backing to the goal line.  For the second goal it seemed like everyone switched off as they assumed the initial through ball was offside.

Other than a vastly improved performance IMO

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

For the Forrest goal it seemed that Hamilton was in two minds; firstly coming out for the ball and then changing to backing to the goal line.  For the second goal it seemed like everyone switched off as they assumed the initial through ball was offside.

Ah ok, couple of defensive errors then? Thought we handled it pretty well today. 

4 minutes ago, crispy said:

Ah ok, couple of defensive errors then? Thought we handled it pretty well today. 

As did I; first half we were rock solid (by our recent standards); not sure bringing Montano on for Parks in the second half worked; the others seemed unsettled.

8 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

It's been a great run without playing spectacular. Just glad to have gotten through it before the injuries fully kicked in.

Hard pitch to play on, it's just not conducive to good football, so to battle well with so many out and create a few chances in addition to the goals was pleasing enough.

Much better from us, played it ob the deck and the ball played forward a lot more,, and deserved to be going in a goal up, but wasn't to be.

2nd half we got caught for pace, and a good finish, went to sleep for their 2nd. Tete looks good, plays similar to the Nouble from the first half of season, gets the ball down and has quick feet. Montano looks rusty, hopefully gets a decent ru of games without picking up any more injuries to get him back to his best. Quite enjoyed the game, after not looking forward to it at all, feeling a bit more positive for the 2nd half of the season, but we can't let this be a one off, and go back to the negative passing it back to the keeper all the time and a big punt up the pitch.

Still need to just dump Nouble and get him to f**k, would far rather have brought on Anderson first and not bothered with Nouble. Shamal can do one too. Need to play players that will give us their best, and stop putting guys like Bradley, Brandon, and St Kelly on the bench for wasters.

25 minutes ago, Durnford said:

It was Vargas. Our stadium announcer got it wrong, he's a bit of a donkey, regularly gets the wrong player even for Livi.

16 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hard pitch to play on, it's just not conducive to good football, so to battle well with so many out and create a few chances in addition to the goals was pleasing enough.

Very much agree. Livi made the first half especially difficult. We stood up to it though. I feel like this time last year we would have crumbled.

8 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

It was Vargas. Our stadium announcer got it wrong, he's a bit of a donkey, regularly gets the wrong player even for Livi.

🙂 He sounded like he'd had a couple of bevvys. Not a criticism, quite entertaining.

14 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

"VAR is now checking for a possible penalty for offside"

Pretty clear what he meant but that one was a good laugh, while further adding to how stupid VAR is

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Much better from us, played it ob the deck

👀 if that's you lot playing on the deck I'd hate to see your long ball games.

Thought Hearts were awful first half, barely strung three passes together.  Pitch is shite and livvy are a horrible team.

Their budget is tiny etc so I don't blame them but it's a tough watch. Constantly holding and pulling etc. 

Ground out a result so I'll take it.

58 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

👀 if that's you lot playing on the deck I'd hate to see your long ball games.

Thought Hearts were awful first half, barely strung three passes together.  Pitch is shite and livvy are a horrible team.

Their budget is tiny etc so I don't blame them but it's a tough watch. Constantly holding and pulling etc. 

Ground out a result so I'll take it.

Believe me you'd have had a sore neck watching us previously. It was all pass backs to Shamal, and a boot up to Guthrie, ALL game. We were actually stringing 5 or 6 passes together today, lucky if we managed more than 2 passes in a game without losing the ball previously. I understand Hearts fans thinking the game was stinking, esp the first half, you were playing like we usually do, overhitting balls straight up to the opposition keeper, barely pressed us bringing it out of defence, and looked pretty poor, but that was a big improvement from what we've been watching this season, hence why we are where we are.

Great to see Vargas doing well again. It can’t be easy to do so without getting a run. Really useful result that today and double figures over Hibs and Aberdeen going in to the break is very good form indeed.