Stenhousemuir -vs- Forfar Athletic (Saturday 6 January 2024)

It's probably a Forfar curse. Matty is poor at Forfar, becomes a world beater at Stenny. Forfar fans will barely remember Cedwyn Scott, absolutely dreadful on loan for us, leaves and becomes the main man at Notts County winning the national league.

You can probably expect Cameron Ferguson and Euan Mutale leave Forfar after a dreadful spell to go and have a stellar career away from Station Park, or Finn Robson to become the Scottish Iniesta after leaving the club too.

Getting back on track to talk about Saturday's game. Comfortable win for Stenny. As long as we don't drop to 10th I imagine the board will be happy to keep Ray on indefinitely if we can just finish 9th every season, I don't see him getting his marching orders this season. 

3 minutes ago, speedframe said:

You've taken that too far 😁😁😁

Maybe, but how many Loons fans laughed at Stenny signing Matty? 

Generic grumpy Loon: "How do Stenny expect to put a title charge together with Matty Aitken leading their line. He'll fall over more often than he touches the ball."

No matter how dreadful our squad is at the moment, it doesn't mean every player in this squad is going to spend the rest of their days jobbing for the likes of Brechin Vics, Coupar Angus, Lochee Harp etc.

8 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Maybe, but how many Loons fans laughed at Stenny signing Matty? 

Generic grumpy Loon: "How do Stenny expect to put a title charge together with Matty Aitken leading their line. He'll fall over more often than he touches the ball."

No matter how dreadful our squad is at the moment, it doesn't mean every player in this squad is going to spend the rest of their days jobbing for the likes of Brechin Vics, Coupar Angus, Lochee Harp etc.

Vics have improved greatly this season, they'd pump us in a league game.

Harp have a proper centre forward.

Coupar Angus is where we'd really shine.

9 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

It's probably a Forfar curse. Matty is poor at Forfar, becomes a world beater at Stenny. Forfar fans will barely remember Cedwyn Scott, absolutely dreadful on loan for us, leaves and becomes the main man at Notts County winning the national league.

You can probably expect Cameron Ferguson and Euan Mutale leave Forfar after a dreadful spell to go and have a stellar career away from Station Park, or Finn Robson to become the Scottish Iniesta after leaving the club too.

Getting back on track to talk about Saturday's game. Comfortable win for Stenny. As long as we don't drop to 10th I imagine the board will be happy to keep Ray on indefinitely if we can just finish 9th every season, I don't see him getting his marching orders this season. 

It happens.  In the not too distant past we had Kevin Nisbet on loan at The Rock.  The boy was abject, culminating in a penalty versus QoS which is still circling the cosmos.

Last I heard he had perked up somewhat.

Despite Matty Aitken being the last to come through the old youth system at Forfar he simply wasn’t the right fit for us or us for him. As proven by playing in a strong Stenny team he’s showing his strengths, something that was lost to successive managers at SP. As for any arguments that he’s only benefiting from a stronger squad then remember he left us and went to a rank awful Albion Rovers squad and scored loads for them. I wish Matty nothing but success in his career though maybe an extreme off day this Saturday would be appreciated 🤣

I cannot see anything but a home win on Saturday 

Said I wasn’t going to another away game until Ray was gone, stood my ground vs Peterhead. Doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere soon, so here I am planning my trip to Stenny tomorrow. 🤣

Very tough game against probably the best team I’ve seen in the division this season, so can’t see anything other than a home win unfortunately, but I live in hope.

Be interesting to see how we line up, without the ever present Skelly.

Heading along to this on Saturday, is the Warriors club still open at the ground?

Can't see past a Stenny win here but we do seem to perform better away from home. Still think Stenny will nick it 2-1, Wedderburn to open the scoring and then a Matty Aitken brace.

2 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Be interesting to see how we line up, without the ever present Skelly.

After getting the line-up 100% last week I doubt I'll continue that for tomorrow but here's a guess.

McCallum 

Allan, Hutchinson, Morrison, Brindley 

Whatley, Robson

Watson, New loanee?, Ross

Mutale

Nditi won't be back in time, Andy will probably only be fit enough for the bench. Ray doesn't like starting Patty so imagine he'll be on the bench. Smokie could start but I think McKinnon prefers the Whatley/Robson combo. Kinglis has been pretty disappointing so he might drop to the bench.

Annoyingly it looks like Thommo is unavailable due to work commitments again, I can see Thommo being released this month due to his lack of availability, despite being a player we really need in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

After getting the line-up 100% last week I doubt I'll continue that for tomorrow but here's a guess.

McCallum 

Allan, Hutchinson, Morrison, Brindley 

Whatley, Robson

Watson, New loanee?, Ross

Mutale

Nditi won't be back in time, Andy will probably only be fit enough for the bench. Ray doesn't like starting Patty so imagine he'll be on the bench. Smokie could start but I think McKinnon prefers the Whatley/Robson combo. Kinglis has been pretty disappointing so he might drop to the bench.

Annoyingly it looks like Thommo is unavailable due to work commitments again, I can see Thommo being released this month due to his lack of availability, despite being a player we really need in the squad. 

Think you’ll be very close with that prediction, agree Kinglis has been a wee bit disappointing so will probably drop out.

Would like to see Patty in that ‘10’ role, but as you say for some reason Ray seems to prefer using him off the bench, but unfortunately think the game might be finished tomorrow by the time he might come off the bench.

Also think Watson may drop to the bench as he didn’t have much impact last week, but we seem to be limited with options, especially if Thomson isn’t available. 

Not a big fan of either but Mutale should start in front of Ferguson. 

Edited by ForfarLoon84

Clear stenny are head and shoulders above everyone else at this point so it's pretty hard to be too critical today, we clearly need a bit of presence up top particularly in these games against big strong defences.

The worst thing was probably seeing Elgin scored a last minute penalty and Clyde winning.

16 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Clear stenny are head and shoulders above everyone else at this point so it's pretty hard to be too critical today, we clearly need a bit of presence up top particularly in these games against big strong defences.

The worst thing was probably seeing Elgin scored a last minute penalty and Clyde winning.

Stenny aren't head and shoulders above, they were poor, but at least they had a solid shape, an out ball, and players where they should be. They're merely competent against the rest of us who are a shambles