Motherwell FC v Aloha

Probably wouldnt have been shaking in our boots a few weeks ago. However, the way this transfer window is going for us, there is now a fair chance of an upset.

We have been running a fairly slim squad all season, but we have lost Souare, Wilkinson, Spencer and now Biereth. Casey, Blaney, Slattery and Miller all still injured.

The only player we have brought in is a loanee from Celtic whose position we already have covered!

You will never have a better chance of beating us!

13 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

100% record so far (personally ) are you well fans shaking in your boots yet  ?  💯 🐝🐝🐝

IMG_7073.JPG

I miss the wee cartoons on the front of the programme. 

53 minutes ago, ropy said:

How many of PJ Morrison, David Devine, Morgyn Neill, Steve Hetherington and Conor Sammon (the Motherwell 5) are likely to play?

PJ, Neill and Hetherington almost always start. Devine is probably first choice too, but regularly misses out through injury.

Big Sammon has started on the bench for several weeks now; possibility he may start this one IMO, with Wales back to Kilmarnock as he gives us more physical presence than Ally Roy and that may be the way Andy Graham chooses to go.

In fact I'm curious to see whether Andy sticks with his usual line up or tweaks things specifically for Motherwell. He may also see the game as an opportunity to give guys returning from injury some game time (e.g, Robbo, LD).

20 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

100% record so far (personally ) are you well fans shaking in your boots yet  ?  💯 🐝🐝🐝

IMG_7073.JPG

I'm assuming I'm a bit older than you as I have a vague memory of my dad taking me to a Scottish Cup game at Recreation Park which we won 2-0. My only memory is that you paid in to the terracing and then there was a separate entrance inside the ground where you paid an extra 50p if you wanted to go into the stand.

I gave up expecting to win against any team long ago so no shaking in my boots from me. I'll just be watching the game through my fingers, if I take my boots I might make the bench.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I fully expect us to beat Alloa regardless of our issues but then I fully expected us to beat Sligo, Albion Rovers and Alloa last time.

On paper you still should , but one off games as you know throw up ( I hope i don't ) some shocks now and then

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

I watched Stirling Albion beat Alloa earlier in the season but suspect I can take nothing from that game into this one.

We were awful to begin the season, couldn't score and couldn't defend but I'd say turned the corner before Brian Rice left and are now 6 games unbeaten under Andy Graham. Better football on show and I think we've still got a gear to go up if everyone is on form at the same time.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

I watched Stirling Albion beat Alloa earlier in the season but suspect I can take nothing from that game into this one.

We had a really poor start this season , since then we gubbed them 2-0 at thier place ,should have been 5 , a lot of new players in and took a bit of time to gel , we are so much better now thankfully , 

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

We were awful to begin the season, couldn't score and couldn't defend but I'd say turned the corner before Brian Rice left and are now 6 games unbeaten under Andy Graham. Better football on show and I think we've still got a gear to go up if everyone is on form at the same time.

You are pretty kind to Mr Rice there I think, we were an absolute shambles in his penultimate game! I suppose it's fair to say the results and performances in general had picked up in his final few games, but that was in comparison to the frankly awful underachieving before that, aforementioned game against Stirling being a good example. Still very early days for Andy, but by settling on a formation that suits his players, using them where they are at their best and allowing partnerships to develop throughout the team he's already way ahead. That's why we're doing better rather than any corner being turned before he took over IMO. Agree there is hopefully more to come. 

Very tough task tomorrow. Would have quite fancied some Alloa teams of the past decade or so against this particular Motherwell side but we aren't at the same level now and despite the recent improvement it's still a big ask. Don't know if Devine has a chance but be good if he did play. Mackay has done well in his absence but think Devine and Neil is the best pair and that Neil is better when Devine is next to him. Also big if Scougall is good to start as we'll really players who can get their foot on the ball. Hopefully the boys make a fight of it anyway. 

Realised today the only time I've attended a Scottish Cup tie featuring Motherwell was the 91 final. Would be nice to pair up seeing one of their greatest cup days with one of their worst.... 

Worst case scenario ....     we get a sound beating

mid case scenario  ...........   a "plucky" 2-1 defeat

Good scenario ..............        we win on penalty's again 

Dream Scenario .....   we win by the odd goal scored by LD who comes on last ten minutes,  lights up a cigar as he leans against the goalpost while everyone else goes mental .

1 hour ago, AdamMFC said:

I won't be at the game but I can't shake the horrible feeling I have about this game, it's similar to when we played Raith last season. Hope I'm wrong of course.

I hope you're right.