Reform UK going from strength to strength.

11 hours ago, Artie said:

I looked and currently they have 15 candidates out of the 57 required for their full hand including one for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross. I have my doubts the boats from France will ever reach that far north, but you never know.

Had a look at the website again https://whocanivotefor.co.uk/ppcs/details/?region=Scotland and Reform UK currently up to 17 candidates, = with the Scottish Conservatives and ahead of all other parties except for SNP and Labour. One hell of a gamble with funding, looks like all or nothing. Not sure why they need to do this in Scotland since there is no hint that right-wing popularism will ever take off here like it has done in England.

7 hours ago, Artie said:

Had a look at the website again https://whocanivotefor.co.uk/ppcs/details/?region=Scotland and Reform UK currently up to 17 candidates, = with the Scottish Conservatives and ahead of all other parties except for SNP and Labour. One hell of a gamble with funding, looks like all or nothing. Not sure why they need to do this in Scotland since there is no hint that right-wing popularism will ever take off here like it has done in England.

Not while the Barnett formula is in place. The public subsidy junkies are in the ascendency. 

13 hours ago, Artie said:

Did I trick you into replying?

I think you've confused yourself.

From what you have said so far about the Highlands, you don't stay up here and you have no idea what you are talking about and yes I have seen some folks staring at outboard motors for minutes, usually while sighing and shaking their head in disappointment. Staring at beetroot jars in supermarkets is also a very popular pass time up here.

are you on something? how did you trick me? i think you are confusing yourself with your father. ie an adult. how did those jars get on the shelves?  do you live in the highlands???

There should be a lot of attention on the wellingborough by-election on the 15th in the mainstream media as the hyped up Reform UK see this as a golden chance to win a seat. Traditionally a staunch Conservative constituency, Peter Bone whom was removed last year had won at the last GE by taking 62.2% of the vote. The Brexit Party didn't compete here at the last GE for obvious reasons. Once allies now enemies, there will be some real rw populist vs rw populist action incoming, a real litmus test right there in the middle of the Tory heartland. The danger here for the Conservatives is the locals protest voting.

Thank goodness situations exactly like that will never happen in Scotland.

3 hours ago, awnawawnaw said:

are you on something? how did you trick me? i think you are confusing yourself with your father. ie an adult. how did those jars get on the shelves?  do you live in the highlands???

Calm down now 😂 I get overwhelmed with too many questions all at the same time.

Rewind -

I said I have my doubts the boats would reach that far north -  having travelled all the way from France, - because weather, running out of fuel, exhaustion, being seen by another vessel or an aircraft. Then I said ''but you never know'' meaning stranger things have happened. Like a Russian ship parked up in the Moray Firth unchallenged and only 30 miles from RAF Lossiemouth, then decides to take a tour of our offshore windfarms. I wouldn't be surprised given the response time some of the crew came ashore and did some shopping in Buckie and Elgin for a day, all the while carefully avoiding the local Polish and pretending to be Lithuanian.

On 09/02/2024 at 11:24, Artie said:

Rewind -

I said I have my doubts the boats would reach that far north -  having travelled all the way from France, - because weather, running out of fuel, exhaustion, being seen by another vessel or an aircraft. Then I said ''but you never know'' meaning stranger things have happened. Like a Russian ship parked up in the Moray Firth unchallenged and only 30 miles from RAF Lossiemouth, then decides to take a tour of our offshore windfarms. I wouldn't be surprised given the response time some of the crew came ashore and did some shopping in Buckie and Elgin for a day, all the while carefully avoiding the local Polish and pretending to be Lithuanian.

Those dodgy Russians pretending to be Lithuanian eh? 

romanov.jpg.fe5fa14567c765ef2b1a91cbcd76fbc6.jpg

Introducing the Reform Party candidate for the Rochdale by election.

Danczuk, 57, was Labour MP for Rochdale from 2010 until 2017 but was blocked from standing in the snap election called by Theresa May in 2017 after a series of lurid tabloid scandals.

The final straw for Labour high command came in 2016 when he was exposed as having sexted a teenage dominatrix who “sold her toenail clippings for £10”. The teenager in question had apparently contacted Danczuk about a job in his office as she was interested in a career in politics.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Introducing the Reform Party candidate for the Rochdale by election.

He's been in the news before having worked on historical child abuse cases including the cover up of Cyril Smith's behaviour which in turn led to David Steel's fall from the Lib Dems and the House of Lords for participating in the cover up. Very stupid of him to do what he did sexting a 17 year old and he has fully acknowledged that. Looked like his investigations into historic child abuse damaged him, ended his marriage as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35204398

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Danczuk

He's moved on since his teenage toe nail purchasing days

His three-year marriage to Karen broke down in 2015 and he was suspended by Labour the same year over sex texts he sent to a 17-year-old. In 2016 it was reported Simon had sex with a 22-year-old woman on his constituency office desk after meeting just days earlier on Twitter. He was later engaged to Charlene Meade, 19 years his junior. Simon met Coco in a restaurant in the Rwandan capital Kigali while on a business trip in March last year. Coco is unconcerned by the age gap of nearly 30 years.

On 09/02/2024 at 11:24, Artie said:

Rewind -

Hopefully they took in a game.

On 08/02/2024 at 23:22, Artie said:

The crunch will be just after the GE called, when they have to hand in the nomination papers (all signed by 10 people on the Electoral Roll) and £500.00 deposit for each, only then will they stop being PPCs (Prospective Parliamentary Candidates) and become PCs (Parliamentary Candidates).

If they putting anything out with PC on it now they already spending their election expenses and will be broke and have zero money to spend by the time of the GE. 

Wait till they have to start spending, costs nothing to get named as a PPC, being a PC is very different.

Anyone worried about themselves catching the extreme right wing epidemic can take this questionnaire to just check if they are fine. I recommend you take it at least once a day to be sure.

My little red dot landed in Left and Libertarian square despite my years of watching right wing content online, unaffected.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

11 minutes ago, Artie said:

Anyone worried about themselves catching the extreme right wing epidemic can take this questionnaire to just check if they are fine. I recommend you take it at least once a day to be sure.

My little red dot landed in Left and Libertarian square despite my years of watching right wing content online, unaffected.

Been a while since I did this but, like you, I'm still in the left libertarian corner.

Screenshot_20240216_162821_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, Artie said:

'I'm -5.13 on the economic Left/Right and 0.97 on the Social Libertarian/Authoritarian scale. Top left square. I think that's where I usually end up in these quizzes.