Biggest bellend in Scottish fitba

10 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You seem upset. 

Ewen Murray is clearly a fanny but there does need to be a grown up conversation about this. It’s a genuinely fair question to ask if this is the route we want our clubs to go down. 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It absolutely isn't the route that we should want our clubs to go down. A proud and historic club like Hibs now primarily existing as a feeder club to a bunch of nobodies.

Agreed, certainly wouldn't want to see us go down that route. 

1- Douglas Ross ( Would normally be miles out in front on his own as there can be nothing worse in society than a Scottish Tory, in fact he's not even Scottish and possibly not human. Derek Adams pushing him close now though )

2- Derek Adams( probably a Tory )( Malky was 100 times better at post match interviews)

3- Niel Doncaster 

4- Graham Spiers (if he's still alive )

5- Craig Levien 

6- Billy Dodds

7- Steven Pressley 

8- Ally Mccoist 

9- Alex Rae

10- Ryan Fraser

48 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It absolutely isn't the route that we should want our clubs to go down. A proud and historic club like Hibs now primarily existing as a feeder club to a bunch of nobodies.

I agree, but these debates get skewed by tribalism too often. In this instance a hearts fan is being negative about hibs investment so the natural reaction is to get defensive and claim he’s seething over hibs having money/access to better players.

No one seems to want to discuss what’s actually happening here and the motivation of a venture capital firm investing in a club with the goal of developing players for its big club. 

17 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Most dealers are just normal blokes trying to make ends meet. The fact he's made a living in football and seemingly walked away from the other stuff is quite impressive. They go so hand in hand nowadays.

Aye spare a thought for those poor drug dealers of this world, out there just trying to make an honest days crust.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree, but these debates get skewed by tribalism too often. In this instance a hearts fan is being negative about hibs investment so the natural reaction is to get defensive and claim he’s seething over hibs having money/access to better players.

No one seems to want to discuss what’s actually happening here and the motivation of a venture capital firm investing in a club with the goal of developing players for its big club. 

It's impossible to remove the tribalism.

I think this is both a sad and potentially very bad thing for Hibs. But Hibs fans just reckon I'm greeting about it.

Glad it's not us. I'd walk away if it was.

We've had Hibbies on here actually arguing it's preferable to be owned by foreign investors with another club as their priority than to be fan-owned. What can you say to that?

Edited by VincentGuerin

1. Douglas Ross

2. Derek Adams

3. Nikolay Todorov

4. James McPake

5. Billy Dodds

6. Duncan Ferguson

7. Todd Cantwell

8. Tony Watt

9. Colin Steven

10. Neil Doncaster 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's impossible to remove the tribalism.

I think this is both a sad and potentially very bad thing for Hibs. But Hibs fans just reckon I'm greeting about it.

Glad it's not us. I'd walk away if it was.

We've had Hibbies on here actually arguing it's preferable to be owned by foreign investors with another club as their priority than to be fan-owned. What can you say to that?

I find it odd if people don’t even want to ask the question as to how this is structured and what strings are attached. 

The Dundee statement said the investment firm will have a say in the running of the club. Now in practice that may be utterly benign but would you not even want to know what that means?

In my experience venture capitalists don’t tend to enter into things then say ‘crack on lads, we trust you to act in a way we approve of’. 

Also, if folk find the use of the lowland league as a development ground for B teams as terrible (it is), then they can at least draw a parallel between PL clubs buying a stake in a different league to send players to. It’s not the same thing but it’s a variation on a theme. 

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I find it odd if people don’t even want to ask the question as to how this is structured and what strings are attached. 

The Dundee statement said the investment firm will have a say in the running of the club. Now in practice that may be utterly benign but would you not even want to know what that means?

In my experience venture capitalists don’t tend to enter into things then say ‘crack on lads, we trust you to act in a way we approve of’. 

Also, if folk find the use of the lowland league as a development ground for B teams as terrible (it is), then they can at least draw a parallel between PL clubs buying a stake in a different league to send players to. It’s not the same thing but it’s a variation on a theme. 

Broadly how I feel.

I see it as of a type with relationships where organisations pay for MPs to enjoy expensive days out at the football or the racing. Very nice, but they're not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, they're doing it because they want something in return, and it might be wise to know what that is before accepting the deal.

In both the cases mentioned here we have Scottish clubs owned by foreigners who may not be of the same view as to the clubs' best interests as the fans, setting up a deal with another club from another country that undermines the Scottish club's independence and control of its own running. These folk are looking for a return. Nothing more. The success of the club is not the same concern.

TL;DR - the fans want what's best for the clubs, but the owners want what's best for the owners. Not necessarily the same thing. Where is the clarity?

I can't get my head around that being wise. The lack of clarity in each case is baffling, and, frankly, concerning.

Also, fundamentally, becoming a feeder team/development tool is just beneath the dignity of our clubs, imo.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1. Alex Rae

2. Bobby Madden - now attempting to adopt the Dermot Gallagher role in Scottish football. Not sure why he thinks his voice/opinion carries any weight when he was just as hopeless as the rest of them.

3. Mick Kennedy

4. Andrew Dallas

5. Todd Cantwell 

6. Douglas Ross

7. Kyogo

8. Trevor Carson

9. The insufferable Partick Thistle fans that somehow appear on my Twitter timeline

10. Rod Stewart

1. Derek Adams - just a total p***k and probable Tory.

2. Douglas Ross - The Tories Tory.

3. Phillipe Clement - for getting his excuses in early about the pitch against Dumbarton. And the fact his name has reduced the pundits to trying to pronounce his name "correctly" with Kenny Miller going full - "fill ee pay".

4. Kenny Miller - great player but my word, a terrible pundit with nothing worth saying about anyone than The Rangers.

5. Pat Bonner - a worse pundit on BBC Radio? I don't think so. Refers to Celtic as "we" on the radio.

6. Whoever is Hibs manager this week - they have had some right bellends in recent times so the current one falls immediately into 6th place.

7. Steven Naismith - is he manager? Is he coach? Is he the janitor? No one knows and tbh, I don't think he does either. Talks a load of shite too.

8. Brendan Rodgers - overrated manager and boring to listen to. Postecoglu at least had some personality.

9. Martin Boyle - human submarine. Has a face I could skelp for a month. The p***ks p***k.

10. Lawrence Shankland - treated like the second coming. Just sick of reading about him at this stage tbh.

Honourable mentions as they don't currently work within Scottish football.

Steven Presley - broon shoes, walks like a w****r, talks like a w****r, Is a massive w****r.

Jack Ross. The worst of them all. Gets sacked from Hearts for texting numerous players wives. Goes to Alloa, gets a big head. And ever since literally applies for every single job going. Even applying for a job in England 3 days after joining Dundee United. he's a massive bellend with zero management skills.

12 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The lack of clarity in each case is baffling, and, frankly, concerning.

I'm neither baffled nor concerned about the lack of clarity about what's been said in public.  

7 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Jack Ross. The worst of them all. Gets sacked from Hearts for texting numerous players wives. Goes to Alloa, gets a big head. And ever since literally applies for every single job going. Even applying for a job in England 3 days after joining Dundee United. he's a massive bellend with zero management skills.

If he was active in Scottish fitba then he'd definitely be on my list.  An absolute clown.

WV19_Jack_RossJPG-JS742157036.thumb.webp.2a94508f1591399c45a00547cc656402.webp