Wasps Vs Bairns

Narrow 1-0 for me. MacIver to win it. Don't see this being as straight forward as previous encounters, with Rice gone, Alloa seem a better team. Would be great to get back to winning and start building that confidence back, especially across the defense. Clean sheet and dealing with set pieces well ideally.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

After two poor results I'm looking forward to us getting back to winning ways.

4-0 Falkirk, MacIver hatrick and one from Dylan Tait. Hetherington to assist at least 2.

Unlikely as he picked up what is apparently a bad injury in the cup. Taggart (also injured on Saturday) and Wales (recalled by Killie last week) are also liable to miss out. All three are important players. 

Having said that, the team and squad generally have looked better since Andy Graham took over and I'm confident he will put a team on the park that can compete with Falkirk and ask them questions. That's not something Brian Rice's sides always did, e.g. we were dreadful in the two previous games this season.

I'm sure McGlynn will have his players 100% ready to rebound from the last two results and the pitch at the Indodrill seems to suit the way Falkirk play. I expect them to come flying out of the blocks on Saturday, so it's vital we start well.

As always looking forward to hosting the Bairns.

15 minutes ago, printer said:

Unlikely as he picked up what is apparently a bad injury in the cup. Taggart (also injured on Saturday) and Wales (recalled by Killie last week) are also liable to miss out. All three are important players. 

Cammy went off at half time was limping after the game on Saturday when they came over to the fans too so he could miss out too but hopefully he'll be fit. 

Wonder if our young team will be hiding behind the security guards again when Falkirks naughty boys come through. Seen on twitter you guys are shipping them up from England now.

Given we'll be missing a couple of key players, I'd settle for a boring 0-0.

14 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

In all honesty I want to win to see how much panic sets in. Three dodgy results in a row would be interesting.

See most fans just want their team to win at the weekend regardless, suppose it comes with the territory of being fucking massive right enough.

Those two performances against Falkirk earlier in the season were abysmal, like a number of other Alloa displays at that point under Brian Rice. No shame in losing to a decent Falkirk side but we were a shambles. I recall Falkirk fans on here saying they'd blown us away at the Falkirk Stadium but really the game was gifted to them, two gifts from corners in the opening 20 minutes, shape and organisation all over the place and absolutely no threat from us. Embarrassing stuff given the squad is very capable. 

We have been so much better under Andy Graham and I was feeling quietly confident about this game. The recall of Bobby Wales and the injuries to Taggart, Hetherington and O'Donnell change things, as do Falkirk's last couple of results. They'll be absolutely determined to get back on track here. But I'd be still be expecting a much better Alloa performance than the last two games against the Bairns, whatever the final score is. 

Edited by Waspie

28 minutes ago, Rory said:

Cammy went off at half time was limping after the game on Saturday when they came over to the fans too so he could miss out too but hopefully he'll be fit. 

Wonder if our young team will be hiding behind the security guards again when Falkirks naughty boys come through. Seen on twitter you guys are shipping them up from England now.

Given we'll be missing a couple of key players, I'd settle for a boring 0-0.

I like Cammy, but to me there isn't much between him and Deveney, so if he's out isn't as big a deal.

Edited by printer

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

See most fans just want their team to win at the weekend regardless, suppose it comes with the territory of being fucking massive right enough.

Scriptwriters have spoken I'm just the messenger. 

Shame about the injuries , we never seem to have a full squad available 

I think Virtannen will start and as Printer said i don't think Cammy will be missed too greatly , I think Falkirk will be just that bit too strong for us ,  That said if we do play to our strengths who knows , a decent performance please and not the shambles we saw at the last game . 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

The only thing massive is your noggin mate 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

In all honesty I want to win to see how much panic sets in. Three dodgy results in a row would be interesting.

Tbf in the game against Edinburgh we rested most of our first choice 11 and even Man City would've struggled to play football on Bonnyrigg's mudheap of a pitch.

No excuses if we can't get a result on Saturday but confident we'll be back to our old selves 

44 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tbf in the game against Edinburgh we rested most of our first choice 11 and even Man City would've struggled to play football on Bonnyrigg's mudheap of a pitch.

No excuses if we can't get a result on Saturday but confident we'll be back to our old selves 

Wasn't too long ago there was a strong 'McGlynn can't be trusted' narrative though. Self inflicted for Edinburgh and if that's the turning point of your season I'm sure a few dissenters might be back.

Although I've said it after the first couple games though that I'd much rather 3 points from games against the teams around us than a 'headline' win against the league leaders. Either way I feel like this game is a bit of a free hit.

After dishing out a couple of convincing pumpings to Alloa already this might be as good a chance for them to get something from us as they are ever likely to get after a couple of recent poor results on Falkirks part and Alloa seemingly in decent form under a new manager. Hopefully not obviously but any talk of the game being a “free hit” on Aloa’s part considering all the circumstances really does show a proper tin pot / defeatist mentality from both club and fans. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

This. The second half at Edinburgh we effectively "won" 2-0 when our first team were on the pitch. The game at Bonnyrigg was undoubtedly a terrible result, however we won't be playing on a pitch like that again this season. My only caveat to us playing much better in this game is that Alloa are a much better side than Edinburgh or Bonnyrigg and are on a very decent run of form under the new management.

With Hamilton potentially playing 3 games to our 1 before we meet again we really need to win this and keep the league momentum and pressure up on them.

I think it might be tight but I am hoping we shade it by 1 goal. 

48 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

defeatist mentality from both club and fans. 

So one comment on here means the whole club is defeatist ?   what a strange comment 

shows a bit of hatred on your part rather than anything else    

16 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

So one comment on here means the whole club is defeatist ?   what a strange comment 

shows a bit of hatred on your part rather than anything else    

Not at all, don’t think any Falkirk fans have ever viewed Alloa with any “hatred” as long as I can remember. If it’s not a commonly held held view or attitude then fair enough, I agree you guys should be looking at this as a home game with a decent chance of taking points and not some sort of “free hit”……. I’m only responding to comments made on this forum which is all I have to go on. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.