Yellow Submarine vs. The Doc's Dark Blues, Saturday 27th January

28 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Livi 1st penalty was less than a foul than our 3rd goal..it's as if the var team are just making it up as they go along 

Agree Livis 1st penalty was a joke esp as it was right in front of the assistant who gave nothing. Justice served when Shinnie made an arse of it. Second was at opposite end of the ground from where I sit so , hands up, i'll take it regardless. The push on Penrice for the 3rd was blatant but no VAR ? To sum up, VAR is ruining the game. Bin it until it and the operators are fit for purpose. I'd rather have the refs make a mistake and then we can have a real good moan about it in the pub after, than wait 5 mins for some decision made in a room miles away by somebody watching a TV.  Dundee deserved the win, we are totally useless.

52 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Agree Livis 1st penalty was a joke esp as it was right in front of the assistant who gave nothing. Justice served when Shinnie made an arse of it. Second was at opposite end of the ground from where I sit so , hands up, i'll take it regardless. The push on Penrice for the 3rd was blatant but no VAR ? To sum up, VAR is ruining the game. Bin it until it and the operators are fit for purpose. I'd rather have the refs make a mistake and then we can have a real good moan about it in the pub after, than wait 5 mins for some decision made in a room miles away by somebody watching a TV.  Dundee deserved the win, we are totally useless.

Exactly. Makes the game too much like rugby and they STILL make mistakes. Bin it. 

Maybe in the minority here but I think Penrice just has to be stronger for the third. Sure there's 2 hands on his back, but is there actually a push? I'm not convinced. Looks to me like he feels the hands then throws himself to the ground, no foul for me and the issue lies with the defending in general.

Second penalty was a clear foul, not convinced the first was in the box never mind if it was even a foul.

Watched the highlights once through the gaps in my fingers but maybe I'd just need to see them again, which isn't happening.

Edited by LiviLion

15 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Maybe in the minority here but I think Penrice just has to be stronger for the third. Sure there's 2 hands on his back, but is there actually a push? I'm not convinced. Looks to me like he feels the hands then throws himself to the ground, no foul for me and the issue lies with the defending in general.

Second penalty was a clear foul, not convinced the first was in the box never mind if it was even a foul.

Watched the highlights once through the gaps in my fingers but maybe I'd just need to see them again, which isn't happening.

You're not in the minority, I thought the exact same - but it wouldn't have meant much for a Dundee fan to say it, so I'm glad you did. I just think in general the referees need to be wiser to players going down easy looking for fouls. Again, it's just the consistency thing, because he deems the first penalty, a shoulder barge, to be enough for a foul...but the third goal which is a two hand 'push' not enough? 

Like I said before they can't even be consistent in the same 90 minutes so what chance do you have?