Hearts vs Aberdeen 2024-01-27 15:00

1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Morning folks, just reading a few of the comments (I'm generally just a browser of P&B, not a poster) and thought I'd pick up on a few points about the coverage on Hearts TV yesterday (I do the commentary).

One thing we try to do, and it's always been my approach in over 10 years of doing this, is provide a fair portrayal of the match. Yes, I want Hearts to win - but I prefer to call it as I see it and although you'll hear my allegiances very clearly when we score, beyond that I aim to be as objective as possible. The feedback we've had from other supporters has largely been that we manage to achieve that, albeit like anyone we make mistakes sometimes. 

Yesterday when Aberdeen were coming forward for the eventual Miovski disallowed goal (cracking finish btw), I said that Baningime "took a tumble". As I watched it happen in real time, that's what I saw, partly due to my eyes following Connor Barron and not Beni. When we got a replay of the incident it was not clear to us whether there was contact between Miovski and Beni (we have a small laptop stream and it's not always the best for seeing the finer detail of these moments), but I said if there was contact then you can see why the referee would disallow the goal - as Beni has been impeded as he tries to close down Barron, who sets up the goal. It's one of those that doesn't get given without VAR, and I can actually understand the frustration from a Dons perspective, but it's the age we live in unfortunately. I'm not a VAR fan and never have been, obviously this time it worked in our favour though; like it did for Aberdeen against St Johnstone midweek.

One thing I did disagree with was Gary Wales saying he felt the trip was deliberate at half time when the lads reviewed it in the studio. For me Miovski doesn't mean to trip Beni, but if he has caught him then it's still a foul. I actually chatted to Gary after the game about it and he said he felt it was a move he did a few times himself as a striker, just make sure he catches the player. I still didn't agree, but that's just our difference of opinion. 

Anyway, I thought we were decent value for the win in the end yesterday. Aberdeen were the better team in the first half, but we really upped our game after the break and looked more threatening over the piece. I do think Aberdeen have a good group of players though, which they really should be getting more out of - and probably would get more out of with a different man at the helm. 

Can I just say Laurie - it's generally accepted that Hearts TV has the best commentary and is often commented by fans of other clubs that it's far less biased than other clubs'. 

I think this particular incident was contentious at the time, and was yet more VAR controversy. Oddly enough it was right in this instance 

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Can I just say Laurie - it's generally accepted that Hearts TV has the best commentary and is often commented by fans of other clubs that it's far less biased than other clubs'. 

I think this particular incident was contentious at the time, and was yet more VAR controversy. Oddly enough it was right in this instance 

Thanks, SK. 

I agree that I think they did get this one right, but it's still one of those decisions that you're frustrated with if it happens to your team. 

4 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

In his prime you would just see a glove coming from nowhere. How did he get that!

Tbh, it wasn't too dissimilar to Riera's effort which levelled the tie at Tynecastle against Bordeaux

He did try to dive for that one though, as it was about twice as far out

Guess it was too close anaw 🤣

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think you just won the thread 

P&B is obviously full of total cretins, but I'd have hoped that it would be free of "You win the internet today, sir!" cretins. 

On 28/01/2024 at 00:15, Stylish Kid said:

Old Firm matches excepted, generally I think these things even out. The good fortune Aberdeen had midweek does seem to have had its counterpoint today 

Both saints goal midweek and Aberdeens yesterday would have probably stood if scored either celtic or rangers.

Likewise can't see either pen being awarded against them

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Never a good sign when fans of other clubs are clamouring for your manager to be sacked.

Who wants him sacked? I certainly don't.

12 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Baz prepped to sign on ✍️ 

IMG_7205.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Darren said:

Who wants him sacked? I certainly don't.

6 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Not sacked surely?

I didn’t think Aberdeen were bad at the weekend, marginal game until the first goal. They did seem to chuck it after that though and we probably should have scored more.

At some point you have to stick with someone constant change rarely works.