Hearts vs Aberdeen 2024-01-27 15:00

55 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: Don’t insult my hearts tv presenters 

Don’t take it personally pal, listen to Steve tosh on redtv then remember it’s just fan pandering shite. 

I have difficulty watching the RedTV coverage of matches. Watched Hearts TV today and their match commentary team were excellent.

The old cliché about winning when not playing well being the sign of champions could also apply to whoever finishes "best of the rest". Just we're a lot worse and whoever finishes third will probably have more poor performances among their victories.

Poor first half from Hearts again, our obvious plan was to force Aberdeen long but they didn't need any encouragement. 

That's 4 times I watched Aberdeen this season and I've no idea how miovski has so many goals given the horrendous tactics.

I've not seen the replays but Willie Miller was greetin about the trip being unintentional like it matters. He tripped him. Brass neck complaining about var on aggregate this week.

Second half Hearts picked up and deserved the three points for me. 

Edited by Aylo vanal

29 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I watch ones where you don't count disallowed goals.  Was a tremendous finish and definitely would have been the 2nd best goal of the game if it had counted. 

Which it didn't.

2nd best goal of the game (if it counted) IMO

That'll do.

Really poor first half, but, even with Hearts being shite, you never felt Aberdeen had anything really to offer. I've not seen any highlights, so no idea about the disallowed goal etc. But, I think Hearts were quite comfortably the better side overall, and the second half was quite shocking in how one-sided it was. Considering Aberdeen were the side that needed to win, I thought they offered very little.

Hearts aren't great, but I think we've now seen enough to be confident that we're significantly better than the competition. We've got a solid core, and that's the basis for the mildly competent supporting acts to Shankland to go and get the job done in games like today. It's not a Hearts team anyone will look back on with fondness in the future, but it's better than the teams it has to be better than. Seen nothing from this Aberdeen team to disabuse me of my view that it's vastly over-rated. Unbalanced, lacking a core, easy to play against. Rolled over today. Said back in the summer I wouldn't be shocked if they finished bottom six, still feel that way.

If we don't get third from here, every c**t needs sacked. You get a lot of the Aberdeen fans on here who love to call this Hearts team "bang average". I don't really disagree, but the teams we're up against are pure shite, and there's no excuse for not walking this in from here.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Just watched the highlights.

For all that I'm very much against VAR, you can't really argue with the two big calls in this game. For Miovski's goal, Beni is quite clearly fouled. Got to be honest, I never saw it at the game, but it's an obvious foul. As for the penalty, even in real time I was immediately convinced we'd get a penalty as soon as the game stopped. No idea what Clancy was playing at in not giving it on first sight. Penalty all day long, replays or not.

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Just watched the highlights.

For all that I'm very much against VAR, you can't really argue with the two big calls in this game. For Miovski's goal, Beni is quite clearly fouled. Got to be honest, I never saw it at the game, but it's an obvious foul. As for the penalty, even in real time I was immediately convinced we'd get a penalty as soon as the game stopped. No idea what Clancy was playing at in not giving it on first sight. Penalty all day long, replays or not.

I guess the frustration is that both big decisions despite being probably correct probably feel a bit unmerited, a trip that Miovski had no intention of and was a little bit removed from the actual goal (if VAR has to exist then what’s its cut off and was that clear and obvious and directly involved in the act of the goal?) and then a penalty that is by the rules a penalty but Devlin did nothing at all wrong and it’s a 80% chance of a goal, for something that nobody could do anything about. The handball rule is a mess. When you have a fanbase already frustrated then it’s going to wind some people up even further 

Just now, ScottishZizou said:

I guess the frustration is that both big decisions despite being probably correct probably feel a bit unmerited, a trip that Miovski had no intention of and was a little bit removed from the actual goal (if VAR has to exist then what’s its cut off and was that clear and obvious and directly involved in the act of the goal?) and then a penalty that is by the rules a penalty but Devlin did nothing at all wrong and it’s a 80% chance of a goal, for something that nobody could do anything about. The handball rule is a mess. When you have a fanbase already frustrated then it’s going to wind some people up even further 

I agree with you that the handball rule is shite, but that's a separate issue. On first viewing that incident was a clear penalty. Clancy should be giving that, not relying on VAR.

I disagree that the Miovski foul wasn't merited. It's neither here nor there whether it was intentional or not. He clearly impeded Beni and stopped him closing down the cross. It's simply a clear foul. Imagine roles reversed and Beni had clipped Miovski by accident. It would have been a free kick to Aberdeen.

Neither decision is remotely controversial in retrospect.

1 minute ago, ScottishZizou said:

I think the goal doesn't happen without the trip.  Beni closes down Barron and Kingsley wouldn't by trying to cover two men.

The handball rule is shite but if you jump to block a cross with your hands out and it hits them you're going to get it given 9 times of 10.

All for changing it back to it having to be a deliberate act.  We've suffered from it this season more than once

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I agree with you that the handball rule is shite, but that's a separate issue. On first viewing that incident was a clear penalty. Clancy should be giving that, not relying on VAR.

I disagree that the Miovski foul wasn't merited. It's neither here nor there whether it was intentional or not. He clearly impeded Beni and stopped him closing down the cross. It's simply a clear foul. Imagine roles reversed and Beni had clipped Miovski by accident. It would have been a free kick to Aberdeen.

Neither decision is remotely controversial in retrospect.

I think Clancy can be offered a little leeway here for the penalty call in the sense that the ball hits Devlin’s hand on the side opposite from where Clancy is standing. I don’t think he can see clearly where the ball hits as Devlin’s body is blocking his view. I suppose you can argue his linesman could help him out but without a clear view of where the ball hits I think he’d be guessing to a degree.