Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

Easy saying it now but I wasn't too impressed by Dunfermline's last visit to Cappielow either tbh. We were in shite form, had players missing as Dunfermline did today, and despite going 2 up in no time they somehow almost chucked away an easy 3 points that night.

Funny game when you think we were bottom of the league then, and now somehow it's Dunfermline looking over their shoulders. Hope we can stick it out at this end now.

Edited by GiGi

Absolutely brilliant turn around from Morton after we played them off park earlier in season. All their best qualities are the exact ones we were missing. 

For us though, that's the worst possible result at the worst possible time. Completely undoing the good effort last week. New boys thrown in at deep end and drowning. Confidence absolutely battered. Dropped right into the relegation battle. Management team might be fatally wounded. Next week is now a real battle for different reasons - I don't think he's quite there yet, but there might be no way back for McPake if we don't win. 

Biggest issue for me is lack of aggression and physicality. We try and play nice football, but we seem slower than the opposition, second to a lot of balls, lack of any consistent pressing game. 

Long week ahead. 😵‍💫

2 minutes ago, North West said:

Well done Morton. Destroyed us.

I don't know what went on today, fuckin shambolic on our part. McPake has a job on his hands now.

Was surprised by the pars performance today I expected a tough close encounter didn’t turn out like that, one thing is things can change very quickly once you get a few injured players back things may well change in to a positive outlook instead of the negative 

3 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Absolutely brilliant turn around from Morton after we played them off park earlier in season. All their best qualities are the exact ones we were missing. 

For us though, that's the worst possible result at the worst possible time. Completely undoing the good effort last week. New boys thrown in at deep end and drowning. Confidence absolutely battered. Dropped right into the relegation battle. Management team might be fatally wounded. Next week is now a real battle for different reasons - I don't think he's quite there yet, but there might be no way back for McPake if we don't win. 

Biggest issue for me is lack of aggression and physicality. We try and play nice football, but we seem slower than the opposition, second to a lot of balls, lack of any consistent pressing game. 

Long week ahead. 😵‍💫

Understandable on every count. FWIW look at our stats for the first part of the season played with our threadbare squad - you'll immediately understand why we were bottom of the league, you'll figure why you sworded us in the first two games, and why it must have seemed that you were playing a different side today. Fact is that you were playing a different version of us - we now have a mostly fully fit & available squad, and our 'unbeaten since November 18th 2023' says it all. So keep your chins up Pars - and look at what happens when that resiience, belief, and confidence returns. There's at least one team who I'd prefer to see go down rather than yous. Clue = it's not Arbroath.

Best wishes from Greenock.

28 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Easy saying it now but I wasn't too impressed by Dunfermline's last visit to Cappielow either tbh.

After the first half we weren't very good in that game.

8 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Understandable on every count. FWIW look at our stats for the first part of the season played with our threadbare squad - you'll immediately understand why we were bottom of the league, you'll figure why you sworded us in the first two games, and why it must have seemed that you were playing a different side today. Fact is that you were playing a different version of us - we now have a mostly fully fit & available squad, and our 'unbeaten since November 18th 2023' says it all. So keep your chins up Pars - and look at what happens when that resiience, belief, and confidence returns. There's at least one team who I'd prefer to see go down rather than yous. Clue = it's not Arbroath.

Best wishes from Greenock.

wtff.gif.97bee7faf67ded73fd4164735e20dc08.gif

50 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Was surprised by the pars performance today I expected a tough close encounter didn’t turn out like that, one thing is things can change very quickly once you get a few injured players back things may well change in to a positive outlook instead of the negative 

Part of our problem is comrie aside we’re not going to see any this month and for the majority out it’s going to be end of march that’s not quick by anyone’s standards. 

It is possible we sign some players but our board’s attitude will almost certainly mean these will once again be untested youngsters.  There’s no Martin Hardie coming in to grab games by the scruff of the neck and pull us through difficult moments 

1 hour ago, AuldReekie said:

Said almost this word for word at a recent game - think it was the Rovers cup game. Everything that night was set up for a ding dong battle: Friday night under the lights, local Derby, decent crowd, cup tie, TV cameras... and we played with no intensity, no spark, no physicality, no hard tackles, nothing. Same today - Morton played a really aggressive press, had legs and power (no pun intended) in the middle of the park, and we looked meek. I'm not sure if the first was offside or if the second saw a wee foul from the initial cross, but not one of our players complained. It was like they were resigned to the goal being conceded. A Benedictus or a McCathie or a Scott Wilson would have been raging with the officials and/or their teammates but we all seemed to just shrug the shoulders and accept it. Pitiful.

35 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

If this was the final edit, dread to think what your first effort was like. 

Maybe have another go cos this was pretty shite?

Dunfivelin Pathetic

Holy fvck lads, i honestly didn’t think the pitch was intentionally flooded until now! 😂 Downwards trajectory, time to get things back on track. Didn’t have Dunfermline down as basement battlers - don’t prove me wrong 

Heading up to the game yesterday I would’ve absolutely took a point given our last two outings. But we steamrollered Dunfermline, can’t even think of a save Mullin had to make? A fantastic day out was had.  

When you look about the league and see the players brought in from down south who are untested against our settled squad I know what I’d rather. 

MOTM for me yesterday was Alan Power who was superb in the middle of the park. 

This is McPake's 'Ross County' moment at Dunfermline imo.

We got absolutely pumped 5-0 from County when he was in charge, bottom of the table clash.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12446076/dundee-0-5-ross-county-rampant-visitors-secure-first-scottish-premiership-win-of-season

I had never been so raging at Dens in my life. I kindly requested McPake to leave the club at that moment. We had 4 further months of horrific football before he was eventually binned.

Act fast Pars. He has taken you as far as he can.