Motherwell v Kilmarnock: The KVV Derby

Considering some of the utter dross in terms of ex-players who have scored against us in the past, I'd be shocked if KVV doesn't score tomorrow regardless of whether he starts or not. 

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Walker was a permanent player last season and did well, but when we got to the summer he left because his contract was up. Hemming was on loan but we'd actually have had a better chance of keeping him for another year.

I understand that but at least with your own player you’ve got a bit of a choice.

We could offer Bournemouth £10 million for Dennis and offer him £100,000 a week but his club might just say no……whereas with your own player…..well I know you know the point I’m making and I know the point you are making. 

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Is that the Van ?

20240202_182020.thumb.jpg.efaf935d029fca9eb4b0c30613f07dcd.jpg

Gonni get us a 99 !!

They could at least have brushed the shag pile behind him. 

When tomorrow is out the way - I'm actually quite interested to see how he does when he isn't the main man at Killie. With us he clearly fucking *loved* all that stuff and wasn't happy when he was playing 2nd fiddle to Tony Watt when he was having his once in a career purple patch. We basically spent the 2nd half of last season with him as the face of everything and I get the feeling that him not getting anything like that in Groningen was part of the problem from his point of view.

Also - 99 is a tragic number - I would have it banned in the articles of association. 

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

When tomorrow is out the way - I'm actually quite interested to see how he does when he isn't the main man at Killie. With us he clearly fucking *loved* all that stuff and wasn't happy when he was playing 2nd fiddle to Tony Watt when he was having his once in a career purple patch. We basically spent the 2nd half of last season with him as the face of everything and I get the feeling that him not getting anything like that in Groningen was part of the problem from his point of view.

Also - 99 is a tragic number - I would have it banned in the articles of association. 

No matter how he plays. We wont have another game against you this year, so hopefully your stress levels can drop off a bit

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I don’t think any Killie fan would be daft enough to think we are a certainty for 3 points tomorrow or really any game.

This. Aw day long. 

9 hours ago, Swello said:

It’s good to see that this move hasn’t bothered you.

50 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Just need to clarify, Swello's post isn't salty at all, genuinely...he's just literally describing KVV as a person and the post wouldn't change no matter who he signed for, even if it had been us. That's just what the guy's personality is.

If you want to get the best out of him, you need to make him feel like you think he's the best player that's ever been at your club (because he already thinks he is, and will feel disrespected and get huffy if you don't agree).

For a more, erm....*balanced* view of KVV and what you're getting, check any match thread or our club thread, pre-Kettlewell.

Edited by Al B

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Yep - Al put it right. We were all a bit gutted that he wasn't coming back until the financial side of it was clearer - and now (other than hoping he doesn't come off the bench and score against us today) - I think we're all fine with it.

And I am genuinely interested to see how he gets on - I loved KVV at 'Well partly because there's a bit more going on in his head than the average player - him being a bit of a weirdo is part of the fun.