Queens v Hamilton

45 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

We really are the bogey team for Queens.

When was the last time you beat us in league

Feck knows ... death, taxes and losing to Accies ... somethings in life never change.

Really poor first half rightly got booed at HT Queens could have been 1 up. Second half we were better and deserved to win QOTS collapsed after we went 1-0 up. McGowan and Tumilty both need dropped although QOTS didn't take advantage of it both looked terrible today and haven't been good enough this season. Fergus, Lewis and Jamie Smith were excellent today. 

While I don't think we were great in the first half, I thought the half-time reaction was a bit much. Put together some decent passages of play and got into dangerous positions, but a lack of quality out wide and McGowan relying on Owens bailing him out made it quite frustrating. 

Second half was much more enjoyable and showed why I think the complaints about the lack of a "creative midfielder" are a bit misguided. Barjonas is absolutely quality and provides creativity with his dribbling, balls over the top and nicely weighted passes, and MacDonald has a good range of passing and provides a goal threat. Having Davidson sit meant that those two could contribute going forward which, imo, is more effective for both of them (though I think we might've tweaked it at half-time to have Barjonas push even higher and MacDonald a bit deeper than essentially the De Bruyne role he played in the first half). 

Hastie looked much better in the second half too. Not sure if it was a case of him gaining confidence or getting helped by Barjonas creating space for him, but it was much more encouraging than we'd seen before. Owens has been the real standout since returning though. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Reilly, Cochrane and Kilsby to start next week please.

Well done to Accies who passed the ball better and cut us open on the flanks. With them hitting wood three times it could have been more. 

We were utter garbage and it was about as enjoyable as sinusitis. 

Major reasons being: the worst passing I’ve ever seen by a Queens team ( 2 or 3 times we just hit it out and must have given it to the opposition 20 times); eye bleedingly boring triangles played at the back and zero creativity and finally even I could see that we needed to bring on Kilsby and go to a flat back 4 in the second period as Accies had consistently found space to cross in the first half. 

Queens players today split into: disastrous ie Botterill, McKay and Ambrose. So poor as to be invisible: Logan, Ferguson, Johnstone. Verging on adequate: Gibson ( albeit never a wingback), Brydon, McClelland,Connolly and Doherty. The latter was my mom. 

Reilly really made a difference when he came on. 

Why we started so defensively at home again leading to usual defensive lapses, no entertainment and zero points vs having a go at entertaining and winning defeats me. We must have the worst home record in the league of any team in Britain over the last 5 years. 

All that, a 5 hour round trip and 40 quid in petrol wasted. 

Now I’m home time for a beer. I need one

I really don’t know where we go from here. Probably 7th place and a regroup in the summer…

Booing the team at half time was out of order. We must've had 80% of the play, hit the bar and came close a couple of times. Ok we huffed and puffed a bit. For Ian earlier to justify it with "Queen's could've been ahead", do you think we should dominate for the full match and the other team never gets near our goal? Some fans were so angry at 0-0 and it was the same earlier in the season down there at 1-1 with the team level with Falkirk.

We dominated second half and got the goals we deserved. Not sure why Rankin changed formation when all that had happened was Lewis got a knock and had to go off. Invited them on us and they had their best spell. No failures today. Tumilty got a lot of stick but had a very good second half. Davidson had an assured debut and must surely keep his place ahead of the returning Williamson next week. Owens had another fine game, Jamie had three good saves and Lewis was lively but my MOTM was Kyle Macdonald and not just for his superb defence splitting pass for O'Hara's second. All round game, apart from one god awful shot, was excellent.

Edited by Owsley 2

2 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Well done to Accies who passed the ball better and cut us open on the flanks. With them hitting wood three times it could have been more

Wasn't there today but was at the 1st Accies (H).  That's exactly what they did then.  So management learned nothing from that and seems precious 'game plan' allowed them to repeat their dominance today.  So it goes on and on.

27 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Well done to Accies who passed the ball better and cut us open on the flanks. With them hitting wood three times it could have been more. 

We were utter garbage and it was about as enjoyable as sinusitis. 

Major reasons being: the worst passing I’ve ever seen by a Queens team ( 2 or 3 times we just hit it out and must have given it to the opposition 20 times); eye bleedingly boring triangles played at the back and zero creativity and finally even I could see that we needed to bring on Kilsby and go to a flat back 4 in the second period as Accies had consistently found space to cross in the first half. 

Queens players today split into: disastrous ie Botterill, McKay and Ambrose. So poor as to be invisible: Logan, Ferguson, Johnstone. Verging on adequate: Gibson ( albeit never a wingback), Brydon, McClelland,Connolly and Doherty. The latter was my mom. 

Reilly really made a difference when he came on. 

Why we started so defensively at home again leading to usual defensive lapses, no entertainment and zero points vs having a go at entertaining and winning defeats me. We must have the worst home record in the league of any team in Britain over the last 5 years. 

All that, a 5 hour round trip and 40 quid in petrol wasted. 

Now I’m home time for a beer. I need one

I really don’t know where we go from here. Probably 7th place and a regroup in the summer…

Well there you go, I agree with your post except to add, with a new manager!

Where was Joel Mumbongo today? Not injured already? Nothing on web site on day of signing to say he couldn't play against Hamilton. A number of people were looking for him playing today after signing  mid week and not sure why not. Not everyone knows the rule book inside out

42 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Where was Joel Mumbongo today? Not injured already? Nothing on web site on day of signing to say he couldn't play against Hamilton. A number of people were looking for him playing today after signing  mid week and not sure why not. Not everyone knows the rule book inside out

Not sure of the rules tbh but most clubs wont allow loan players to play against them so I didn't expect him to feature today. Going by the reviews I'm guessing we'll be hoping we played Accies every week...