Super Bowl LVIII

lichtie23

Thoughts on the first half

Niners haven't scored enough we have seen this rodeo before

I wonder if Swifts new album will have a song about a boyfriend that beats up pensioners

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Thoughts on the first half

Niners haven't scored enough we have seen this rodeo before

I wonder if Swifts new album will have a song about a boyfriend that beats up pensioners

Swift will be dumping him if he loses this game.

Mair p***ks than 2nd hand dartboard.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Swift will be dumping him if he loses this game.

Mair p***ks than 2nd hand dartboard.

Aye but it's always the mens fault. Funny that. 

If I'm a 49ers fan I'm shitting myself that we've not done enough when on top. 

San Fran have been superb defensively but as has already been mentioned the offence hasn’t put enough points on the board. Andy Reid is an expert in making adjustments and changing games. 

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

What was that the half time panel were saying about an illegal man downfield for the TD? 

No 64 is the center Jake Brendel, they reckoned he was an illegal man downfield.

One for the 'things you learned today' thread, however I think it's better here.

I have never actually thought of it but the 49ers is an odd name for a team, wondered where it came from...

The 49ers name is in reference to the year of the prime year of the California Gold Rush—1849. The San Francisco 49ers was founded by Tony Morabito and his partner Allen E. Sorrell suggested the “49ers” for the pioneers who had rushed the West for gold.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

One for the 'things you learned today' thread, however I think it's better here.

I have never actually thought of it but the 49ers is an odd name for a team, wondered where it came from...

The 49ers name is in reference to the year of the prime year of the California Gold Rush—1849. The San Francisco 49ers was founded by Tony Morabito and his partner Allen E. Sorrell suggested the “49ers” for the pioneers who had rushed the West for gold.

Similarly, the Utah Jazz were named because due to Mormon frowning at sex before marriage, their fan base own the highest number of bongo mags per capita on in the NBA. 

Had the radio on on the car on Sunday morning and Colin Murray had an interview with the guy who was the producer for Prince's epic half time show. Said he spent the whole 12 minutes shitting himself that all the gear would pack up due to water getting into it.

Edited by peasy23

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Check out the gold prospecter in the original 49ers team logo

6872.gif

Edited by lichtgilphead