Kilmarnock v Cove Rangers

18 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

So it's Cove. 

Any fans able to summarise your season? I see Burrell is doing well for you

Hmmm on tonight’s performance it will be easy enough for you. 

Burrell has been good and we was excellent again tonight despite being hoofed up in the air for 110 minutes. 

Our purple patch this season is very much over. Fraser Fyvie was responsible for a lot of that and just might be back for the cup tie although I wonder if it will just be a week too early.

We have players who show flashes of creativity but without Fyvie it’s struggle. I’m looking forward to the trip to Killie even tho as I type this we still have 3.5 hours in the bus to get home this morning 🤣🤣

20 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Under 100 away fans so far. Brora brought 400. 

What’s that got to do with anything? 

We took 50 to Stirling on Saturday but made more than enough noise to rouse the team on to an equaliser. It’s all relative if we are happy. We couldn’t give a monkeys how many Brora took. 

13 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

What’s that got to do with anything? 

We took 50 to Stirling on Saturday but made more than enough noise to rouse the team on to an equaliser. It’s all relative if we are happy. We couldn’t give a monkeys how many Brora took. 

Enjoy your day. Got upmost support for any fan who travels. Except old firm fans. 

I can't see anything other than a convincing home win. We've conceded 2 or more in 7 out of our last 8 league games and haven't kept a cleansheet in 10 in all competitions.

Premiership opposition will exploit our defensive weaknesses and we'll offer very little going forward with the current tactic of lobbing long balls somewhere close to Rumarn. As much as we desperately need Fyvie back from a 3 month injury it's likely a week too soon.

We're sadly nowhere close to the side that took Hibs into extra time at Easter Road in the Scottish Cup 2 years back and ultimately are just a very average L1 side as it stands. Pains me to say that and don't like sounding negative. We're very much in transition in our first year as a hybrid club.

O2.5 Killie and/or HT/FT are bankers for me.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Depends. Expecting a tough game. Hopefully see KVV start this one with Watkins next to him and Greg Stewart in behind.

Like last night, suspect patience will be required from Killie.

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I can't see anything other than a convincing home win. We've conceded 2 or more in 7 out of our last 8 league games and haven't kept a cleansheet in 10 in all competitions.

Premiership opposition will exploit our defensive weaknesses and we'll offer very little going forward with the current tactic of lobbing long balls somewhere close to Rumarn. As much as we desperately need Fyvie back from a 3 month injury it's likely a week too soon.

We're sadly nowhere close to the side that took Hibs into extra time at Easter Road in the Scottish Cup 2 years back and ultimately are just a very average L1 side as it stands. Pains me to say that and don't like sounding negative. We're very much in transition in our first year as a hybrid club.

O2.5 Killie and/or HT/FT are bankers for me.

We don't tend to do convincing wins, regardless of the opposition. 

Anyhoo, I'd like to see Balagizi, Stewart and KVV start this one. Vass needs a turn on the bench and Watson could do with being dropped for this one too. He looks like he could do with a rest to keep him fresh for the post-Cove fixtures from hell. 

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Just looked up where Cove Rangers is. A long trek - safe travels guys. 

Very much Aberdeen's hipsters. From a coastal suburb, but refusing to support the big city team. Fair fucks. 

Cove were well organised. Thought we moved the ball a bit better than Wednesday night, with Polworth starting. Kennedy much livelier 2nd half. Both goals well taken.

A case of job done.