Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

357 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

The most depressing thing about these threads is the inevitability of this tired, tired line. For fucks sake, everyone give it a rest.

Well given that there's no "Mark McGhee" option, what else do you expect the resident comedians to do?

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen are still pretty big jobs in football and doing a good job at any of them will boost someone’s career. There’s got to be good candidates out there ffs?

I also don’t subscribe to the belief that it’s impossible to split the old firm either. Sure there are massive budget advantages but they don’t have make a cųnt of it on occasions. Somebody putting together a really decent squad over a couple of seasons, with a bit of luck could do it, especially if 1 or 2 other clubs chipped in too to take points of the bigots. 

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen are still pretty big jobs in football and doing a good job at any of them will boost someone’s career. There’s got to be good candidates out there ffs?

I also don’t subscribe to the belief that it’s impossible to split the old firm either. Sure there are massive budget advantages but they don’t have make a cųnt of it on occasions. Somebody putting together a really decent squad over a couple of seasons, with a bit of luck could do it, especially if 1 or 2 other clubs chipped in too to take points of the bigots. 

we all know the bigot brothers will never allow that to happen..the 1st sign of a team looking like they could cause them problems then the biscuit tin would get opened and players would be bought for no reason other than to weaken the opposition.

Waiting for the rumours of exotic foreign managers, like Ricardo Rodriguez or Marti Cifuentes from last time, to be linked to the job, get emotionally invested in them, have them get nowhere near the job, and then appoint someone from the usual merry go round...

1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

Waiting for the rumours of exotic foreign managers, like Ricardo Rodriguez or Marti Cifuentes from last time, to be linked to the job, get emotionally invested in them, have them get nowhere near the job, and then appoint someone from the usual merry go round...

Derek McInnes, Stephen Glass and Barry Robson weren’t from the usual merry-go-round.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Voted Dolly the sheep for what?

THERE is a follow-up to the recent Teletext poll which suggested that Dolly the Sheep would make a good manager for Aberdeen. An Aberdeen fan, fed up with current incumbent Ebbe Skovdahl, tells us: ''If we had Dolly for a manager at least we could be sure that the players and fans would get behind her.'

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Voted Dolly the sheep for what?

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

THERE is a follow-up to the recent Teletext poll which suggested that Dolly the Sheep would make a good manager for Aberdeen. An Aberdeen fan, fed up with current incumbent Ebbe Skovdahl, tells us: ''If we had Dolly for a manager at least we could be sure that the players and fans would get behind her.'

So one Aberdeen fan then. Get your facts right min.

Heart set on Warnock as an interim - maybe that's what a year's worth of Robson's lifeless, shrug the shoulders, demeanour does - although I think it's 50/50 whether he'd take it or not.

There should be a full review of the whole structure/approach between now and the summer, and what type of manager we get in will entirely depend on the outcome of that.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I also don’t subscribe to the belief that its impossible to split the old firm either. Sure there are massive budget advantages but they don’t have make a cųnt of it on occasions. Somebody putting together a really decent squad over a couple of seasons, with a bit of luck could do it, especially if 1 or 2 other clubs chipped in too to take points of the bigots. 

It is.

On the grounds that it died in 2012 along with “Rangers”

I would say RIP, but I’d rather dance & piss on their bigoted grave. 

Voted for John Hughes because even when it's a poll about my own club on P&B, I can't not vote for John Hughes.

In all seriousness, I'm a pretty dull human being so I'm all for the "dull appointment" of Alex Neil.

The current Atlanta 2 coach is a guy called Steve Cooke (I've no idea either) so Cormack will go back down that route.