Motherwell v Ross County (7:45pm Tue, 6th Feb)

This is our biggest game of the season so far. Looking at our run of fixtures this time last week, I was hopeful we’d collect 5+ points and that was a fairly conservative estimate. In proper RCFC fashion, we’ve collected 1. Lose tonight and I can’t see anything other than 11th place. God knows what goes through Derek’s skull, but here’s my prediction of tonight’s Tombola:

Wickens

Efete - Ayina - Nightingale - CBJ - Harmon

Jenks - Dhanda - King

Murray - White

I think there’s starting to be some sort of consistency with the XI, which is kind of forced upon us given our injury list. I have absolutely zero faith that our new loan signings have the dig a relegation six pointer, and whilst they’ve shown glimpses of ability, I expect we’ll be outfought tonight yet again. I’ll go 3-1 Motherwell, with 1 penalty and 1 hilarious defensive f**k-up included in the 3. 

Massive game for both sides tonight.

If I were SK I would be telling Davor to follow Dhanda all over the pitch. We can't let him dictate the play.  I would also start Miller instead of Halliday , get the ball out wide to Gent at every opportunity.

6 hours ago, Desp said:

Are we saying understandable given the weather over the last couple of months, or to do with the very, very good groundsman no longer being in post?

Also to do with the playing budget not the only one being slashed by the head bean counter who is there on an interim basis….

Don’t believe we use those big heat lamps etc anymore. Which would explain the bare patches and  general shit look along with the shit weather. 

A win tonight could be as big in a psychological sense as it would in physical points on the board, and I'm feeling weirdly optimistic that we'll do enough to sneak it. I mean, the bookies pricing us around evens with County available at close to 3/1 seems a bit fanciful, but I just have a feeling that we'll do enough to get over the line.

Looking forward to seeing how County deal with the SOD/Mugabi overlaps down the right. Big Sir T to continue his scoring run too.

35 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Don’t believe we use those big heat lamps etc anymore. Which would explain the bare patches and  general shit look along with the shit weather. 

They’ve been on pretty much solid for the last fortnight. North Lodge is lit up like Chernobyl….

41 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Also to do with the playing budget not the only one being slashed by the head bean counter who is there on an interim basis….

I'm sure the big lamps were on behind someone in an interview as recently as the last week. 

The pressure in this match may affect the players that actually do care. Wonder how many on either side?. Hope Dhanda plays with 100% effort until the end. White probably just needs a goal. Same goes for Brophy.

Motherwell should be doing better. Sat was painful for County fans. 

A draw would be acceptable, but for me at this stage of the season a draw isn't good enough. The clock is ticking, how many 'easier' / winnable fixtures do we have left?

In every match County aren't favourites, unlese...maybe, home to Livingston? Not away though!

Stuart Kettlewell is a legend. A County win would be amazing, yet hope it goes well for well long run.

50 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just FYI. Saw some guys and stewards talking about fuse box and power issues. 

If the flood lights go out and we are losing, then I warned yous.

The floodlights are noticeably not all lit but no idea if that’s just the standard for the newer ones. 

I know Kettlewell spoke recently of wanting a pretty settled side but with us having 3 games in 6 days I really thought we'd make some changes tonight, most likely Nicholson or Miller come in for either Halliday or Davor and Devine for SOD but I suppose we'll have to do with them being brought on around the 75-80 minute mark. 

Unchanged from Saturday. Not surprising really given a slightly better run of results and improvements in performance. I wouldn’t have minded seeing Miller in from the start to try get hold of the midfield and take the game to County a bit, but he’s a great option off the bench. at least we’ve actually got some options now I’ve we need to chase the game or shore things up.

Hopefully Davor and Halliday can keep Dhanda quiet - he ripped us apart in the game up at Dingwall in December. 

Despite being pretty decent the last few weeks, I have a horrible feeling about this one. 0-2; White header from a set piece and a Dhanda penalty.