Rosyth FC have folded

54 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

we go on about regulations but theirs some you'd have to question like how Civil Service have a licence when the changing rooms are so far away. I dont think the fleet grounds were that bad. The pitch could have been doing with being wider but the changing rooms arent that far away.

I'm sure it's less about the distance but more that the players/officials access is protected.

Hopefully the youth section can thrive, and the club can rejoin the adult leagues sometimes. Can remember seeing their old ground, in disrepair, but a shame it couldn't be sorted and rebuilt. Seems yet another money laden twat with few brain cells. Good luck to all those still involved with the club.

I think Rosyth just ran out of options.

They can't get the Rec back because it's still wanted for some kind of development and, in any event, all the former club buildings have been removed and the pitch ruined.

They can't make Fleet Grounds EOS compliant (an option they had seriously looked at and was do-able) because Fife Council are building a new school at the site which will have its own Astro etc and they won't agree to money being invested in what would be competition.

They can't share the former Civil Service club with Dunfermline Athletic because The Pars, having originally been open to such an arrangement changed their mind and don't want them there.

They can't use Pitreavie (which I didn't think was EOS compliant but the club chairman is on record saying it had been approved by the league) because the financial goalposts were moved so far at the last minute that it was simply unaffordable.

I don't think any one person or organisation is solely to blame, although Fife Council started the whole saga by terminating the club lease for a development which still hasn't happened and then put obstacles in the way of the Fleet Grounds option. However, every other party in the saga has just seen the club as a burden and despite all of the elected Councillors being supportive, ultimately all the other parties were prepared to sacrifice the club to protect their own interests.

Just read on the Non League Matters web site about a club, Newport FC, Isle of Wight, in England, which sold their ground for redevelopment. If only Rosyth had received the same treatment from the local planners as Newport has had. 

A condition of the Planning Consent meant that the redevelopment of their existing ground is reported as:

"....... the new football ground has to be in use before the retail park can open. "

21 minutes ago, Dev said:

Just read on the Non League Matters web site about a club, Newport FC, Isle of Wight, in England, which sold their ground for redevelopment. If only Rosyth had received the same treatment from the local planners as Newport has had. 

A condition of the Planning Consent meant that the redevelopment of their existing ground is reported as:

"....... the new football ground has to be in use before the retail park can open. "

I believe that there were some protections that would have prevented work starting before they had a ground to play at. Before the pitreavie option was put together there was no chance of the high school or Lidl works happening 

I think what needs to be in place in future is that any new facility must be completed to the satisfaction of the club before they leave the current facility.

Heard from a reliable source Masterton still received £200k from Fife Council instead of the £250k they were to receive from Lidl. Also got their rates reduced at Pitreavie and lease extended. 

This is nothing short of scandalous! Pitreavie then change all the terms of the agreement that no club at this level would ever be able to afford. 

This stinks from a pretty high level and has resulted in Rosyth folding. No wonder Fife Council wanted them to sign the deal as it has got them out a massive hole. They get to keep all the money from the sale of the land and don’t have to provide a replacement park. 

absolutely disgusting!!!

Hopefully the parents move their kids away from teams that use Pitreavie, the clubs all find somewhere else to train/play and everyone stops filling this guy's pocket. Been hearing stuff about Masterton since I was a boy and NONE of it has been in a good light 

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

Hopefully the parents move their kids away from teams that use Pitreavie, the clubs all find somewhere else to train/play and everyone stops filling this guy's pocket. Been hearing stuff about Masterton since I was a boy and NONE of it has been in a good light 

Sadly I can't see that working even if people could be bothered(some people don't care who gets there money) there's no comparable facility and there's nowhere near enough pitches in west fife to take the slack. 

Even if an organised boycott did work, the guy would somehow manage to weasel his way to be allowed to build houses there or something.

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I  know Council's and Councillors are pretty useless in a lot of cases, but is there not a Councillor who can start asking questions over the whole saga, same with the local MSP/MP?

Over masterton? Not a chance, he’s got too many pals in high places.

over the entire being punted about trying to make rosyth someone else’s problem? Also not going to happen as your asking politicians to snitch on themselves, when’s that ever happened?

7 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I  know Council's and Councillors are pretty useless in a lot of cases, but is there not a Councillor who can start asking questions over the whole saga, same with the local MSP/MP?

The mp was in the media wanting to get all parties round the table in December and it never happened 

On 21/02/2024 at 23:40, Burnieman said:

A Rosyth fan of my acquaintance remembered a meeting with the local councillor who was all smiles and assurances. 

A two faced ratbag apparently. 

• 4 months later...
39 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Too little too late. Store won't open until 2026 either because they are skint

Maybe the "problem" of the football club relocation not being there has made them buy the site after all at a cheaper price.

I don't think it changes much from a football perspective. Sounds to me that Lidl backed out of the deal due to cost, the site has been punted around other supermarkets by the developer with no takers and been brought back to Lidl at a lower fee.

The few hundred grand allocated to getting rosyth a new ground has been spent, just a pity it's ended up in the hands of the dodgy banker and his equally (but more incompetent) dodgy daughter.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I don't think it changes much from a football perspective. Sounds to me that Lidl backed out of the deal due to cost, the site has been punted around other supermarkets by the developer with no takers and been brought back to Lidl at a lower fee.

The few hundred grand allocated to getting rosyth a new ground has been spent, just a pity it's ended up in the hands of the dodgy banker and his equally (but more incompetent) dodgy daughter.

Lidl have bought the land this time. It was a developer that was building it before