Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

Just now, Lalo said:

Everything I said is factual Paulo. Have a good night my friend

It was nowhere near our biggest support through there even in the past 4 years and well you know it. But that’s by the by, the more positive team won today. Enjoy.

Yeah better team won, really.

We've definitely just returned to Davidson-ball.

A decent team in there but they lack bottle. Then a manager who thinks attacking play is hoping someone magically creates something on their own and tactics cant make it.

We're about 4 months into Levein, and the only discernible tactic to goal is lumping it up a wing and hoping someone scores within minutes, if the defence stops up and settles then its done, we wont score. Thought we held Dundee at arms length decently well in the first half but in the second we decided to give them endless opportunities to cross, and with players like Beck doing that and us being shite all season at defending crosses, there wasnt really any other endgame here.

My faith in Levein dwindles with every game.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A decent team in there but they lack bottle. Then a manager who thinks attacking play is hoping someone magically creates something on their own and tactics cant make it.

We're about 4 months into Levein, and the only discernible tactic to goal is lumping it up a wing and hoping someone scores within minutes, if the defence stops up and settles then its done, we wont score. Thought we held Dundee at arms length decently well in the first half but in the second we decided to give them endless opportunities to cross, and with players like Beck doing that and us being shite all season at defending crosses, there wasnt really any other endgame here.

Think you'll avoid 11th?

Where's the goals from that dynamic striking duo then? 😂😂😂 Absolute gash.

Gritty performance in the 2nd half, earned something against Levein's defensive MASTERCLASS. Credit to the players for never giving up, the quality showed by the end. f**k knows what they penalty was for but it's about time a dodgy penalty went our way.

Bit of vindication for the reverse fixture with it being a late comeback. Jordan McGhee, sexy b*****d.

Hope Mellon is ok, genuinely worried about how little he was moving but hope it was more protocol than him being unconscious for so long.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Think you'll avoid 11th?

Depends entirely on County, i think. 

Ive thought for a while we'll be in bother until the split, and we're shitfesty enough to pick up enough points to stay safe against the other bottom 6 sides.

If we're 11th headed into the split then ill worry a lot.

That was fairly straightforward in the end.

I know St Johnstone fans are desperate to have a bit of quality to rave about but we decided to go 2 at the back and with Shaughnessy the slowest CH in Scotland then their strikers were always going to look quick. Time and time again they got the ball taken off them like candy from a baby though.

Just a bit easy and meh today. Need a better performance against County to get 3 points.

Totally deserved that.  Was worried it was going to be one of they days but we kept playing.

Levein and Kirk going berserk whenever the full backs tried to play was hilarious. You’ll stay up, but don’t think Levein is the man to lead you into a full season. 

Love the Doc 💙

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20240211_145451_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8a14b2d74452b1880372296948a7debd.jpg

Dundee with a lot of shots, but we've had far more in the areas you actually score from.

Mitov chucks a mistake in every so often so he might concede from there, but id like to think he'll save most.

Oh Deary me.

Two Dundee goals quickly come from the position where Mitov will save most according to the boring ones newest statistical clusterfuck.

The icing on the cake would've been exiting the forum until June but you had no minerals to back your statistics and claims.

Enjoy your genuine top six challenge, Greyhound breath.

Have a safe journey home yokels.

Thank you.

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

Oh Deary me.

Two Dundee goals quickly come from the position where Mitov will save most according to the boring ones newest statistical clusterfuck.

I said Mitov saves most shots that arent from around the penalty spot.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That was fairly straightforward in the end.

I know St Johnstone fans are desperate to have a bit of quality to rave about but we decided to go 2 at the back and with Shaughnessy the slowest CH in Scotland then their strikers were always going to look quick. Time and time again they got the ball taken off them like candy from a baby though.

Just a bit easy and meh today. Need a better performance against County to get 3 points.

Putting Shaughnessy in a back 4 up against 2 strikers who are only there to run was a terrible idea, and yet it basically worked out fine.

Give Sidibeh his due though, cracker of an overhead kick but Carson was on good form after his bad positioning for their goal. Considine hitting the bar instead of scoring immediately after was their silver bullet though, showed nothing after that.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Aye. That central area around the penalty spot is where most goals come from, Dundee are getting headers there but most are either from wide or outside the box.

This is very much like when we used to play United, theyd play 1000 passes, take 40 shots from 30 yards, then concede to a counter attack 3 times and complain they dominated and we were lucky.

Two from the central area of the box in the following twenty minutes.

Thank you.

Happy with that. Dundee are trying to be pretty but its all in front of us, which is our plan to suck them in then go long and get Sidibeh/Kimpioka in behind. Becks twice had to prevent Sidibeh going clean through and i dont think he manages it forever, then its time to find out if he can finish or not.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oh Dear.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

M8 we've had well over 4000 at dens before.

When? I may be wrong but I’ve never seen you need any more than the shankly stand which is 3500. Thought Saints brought a bit of atmosphere to the game, fair play.