Falkirk v Hamilton Pt3

6 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

if we get promoted it's a different conversation. We need to recruit to be in the too half of the league and pushing for the play offs as a minimum. Not sure if anyone mentioned is of that calibre but then maybe they are.

Imo none of them are championship calibre

only player from this league worth taking is bavidge at kelty if we get promoted

34 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A bit of a different situation that Raith are only 4 points behind on the same number of games, compared to being 8 points behind having played a game more.

Had we won against Annan I’d expect uptake would be a bit higher but you can’t really blame Accies fans for patching this game given the league is all but over.

If you had nothing left to play for this season I may agree but you’re second in the league, not completely out of it if you win on Saturday, and have a serious chance of promotion through the playoffs anyway if you can refind some form. Poor show from too many of your fellow accies supporters tbh…….

15 hours ago, AcciesAllTheTIme said:

“The cowardice”

the reason why they didn’t want to jump on was due to the relentless personal abuse, tagging and just unneeded comments which have been directed to Ben since last attendance and when he posts most of his content from a core group of Falkirk fans.

Think every football fan is up for banter and it’s part and parcel when it comes to putting yourself in the limelight with podcasts, match videos etc, but there’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed regardless of what teams people support and when your getting bombarded with that it’s not cowardly it’s just removing yourself from getting continued unneeded abuse. 

Not condoning any of the abuse that's been directed towards Ben from a keyboard but unfortunately that's the modern world, idle threats and words if said face to face they'd probably need their nappy changed.

I personally think the no show after a defeat to Annan probably will make more keyboards rattle than if he did show up as planned pre the Annan defeat.

A bit of banter goes a long way with the supporters even the keyboard warriors.

Club tweeted 25 minutes ago we have sold 5,100 home tickets, not sure if they don't include comps etc but I make it more than that.

Just counted and there are only 202 tickets remaining (out with currently closed section H which holds another 433).  There's a good chance that 202 will go the rest of today/tonight and tomorrow morning, so may need to open that final section which would be great as its nearest the other box/goals.

Note club also saying there will be no pay at the gate tomorrow for HOME fans only. Tickets available online or from the club shop.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

23 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Club tweeted 25 minutes ago we have sold 5,100 home tickets, not sure if they don't include comps etc but I make it more than that.

Just counted and there are only 204 tickets remaining (out with currently closed section H which holds another 433).  

Home capacity circa 5,950

- 650 unsold seats

- 200 purple seats (eg corner of A upper which I reckon is actually unsold despite not being available) though you would think the directors box and media area would be included

= 5,100 

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Home capacity circa 5,950

- 650 unsold seats

- 200 purple seats (eg corner of A upper which I reckon is actually unsold despite not being available) though you would think the directors box and media area would be included

= 5,100 

Yes its that 200 I thought would be included, but probably makes sense if they are actually not being "sold". 

Is there a small chance that Falkirk fans might not get in tomorrow and we sell out to home fans? (even with the additional Section H). Tickets are selling very well today and if fans can't get a seat next to Accies fans in the North Stand (which I am presuming wont be allowed) it might create a bit of a rush for the remaining seats

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

Appears Hamilton have only sold 70 tickets for this.

Five buses still going and many folk like myself wait till the day to see if PATG is an option.

Sadly Zengin’s comments against the fans the other day have put folk off.

I had booked a seat on one of the buses  for a guy coming down from Aberdeen,but due to the aforementioned,he is not coming down and that is one example of many.

The real issue here again is folk are angry at a Board/Manager having a go at fans and are saying Foxtrot Oscar as this has been going on for 15+ years and despite a new Football Club Owner, they have reverted to type.

The same thing happened just before The Airdrie games last season under the old Board.

I don’t think there is a Football Club in Scotland which has consistently had Club Officials disparaging supporters so often and all the add ones: no highlights of games, a joke of a Club Shop,Club Officials arguing or laughing at fans  etc etc.

I’ll be there expecting a performance after the last 2 disastrous months.

Whether that is good enough time will tell but there is a feeling of “Meet The New Board,same as the old Board” in that they revert to type and blame supporters for their failings.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

21 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Five buses still going and many folk like myself wait till the day to see if PATG is an option.

I had booked a seat on one of the buses  for a guy coming down from Aberdeen,but due to the aforementioned,he is not coming down and that is one example of many.

The real issue here again is folk are angry at a Board/Manager having a go at fans and are saying Foxtrot Oscar as this has been going on for 15+ years and despite a new Football Club Owner, they have reverted to type.

The same thing happened just before The Airdrie games last season under the old Board.

I don’t think there is a Football Club in Scotland which has consistently had Club Officials disparaging supporters so often and all the add ones: no highlights of games, a joke of a Club Shop,Club Officials arguing or laughing at fans  etc etc.

Whether that is good enough time will tell but there is a feeling of “Meet The New Board,same as the old Board” in that they revert to type and blame supporters for their failings.

Any rivalry notwithstanding, genuine sympathies with this.  We've had it in the past and it sucks.  

26 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

That’s a statement not a question.

17 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Do we play Tait or Nesbitt? Nesbitt has been in good form but perhaps Tait has a few scores to settle if dressing room issues were true?

I would play Tait instead of Henderson personally 

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A bit of a different situation that Raith are only 4 points behind on the same number of games, compared to being 8 points behind having played a game more.

Had we won against Annan I’d expect uptake would be a bit higher but you can’t really blame Accies fans for patching this game given the league is all but over.

No it isnt. A huge number of points to play for so nothing is certain

I WIll be going out of duty rather than faith tomorrow. I can see that from one point of view, the expected turnout from us is poor and as fans you should never give up until its officially over. However, It would be unfair of anyone to judge any fellow accies fan not attending tomorrow for the various reasons highlighted above.

To have any chance tomorrow, we will need to see the grit and fight that we have looked for in vain so often this season. I have applauded much of what the new owner has been trying to do this season, but the comments regarding our fans this week was misguided at best, particularly due to the aforementioned track record the club has for slagging off its supporters. Of course the board should protect their manager, but they must also recognise what he and the players can do to appease and encourage the support. There may not be many of us but we are bloody loyal considering what it's like to follow a club like ours. (As I'm sure fans of a lot of "scotlands "we diddy clubs"will agree

As YOH highlighted, its those who have organised busses that have been most affected by fans choosing not to attend. Maybe it would be a good idea for someone from the club could reach out to these buses and build some bridges? 

Edited by Beckford

18 minutes ago, Beckford said:

I WIll ill be going out of duty rather than faith tomorrow. I can see that from one point of view, the expected turnout from us is poor and as fans you should never give up until its officially over. However, It would be unfair of anyone to judge any fellow accies fan not attending tomorrow for the various reasons highlighted above.

To have any chance tomorrow, we will need to see the grit and fight that we have looked for in vain so often this season. I have applauded much of what the new owner has been trying to do this season, but the comments regarding our fans this week was misguided at best, particularly due to the aforementioned track record the club has for slagging of its supporters. Of course the board should protect their manager, but they must also recognise what he and the players can do to appease and encourage the support. There may not be many of us but we are bloody loyal considering what it's like to follow a club like ours. (As I'm sure fans of a lot of "scotlands "we diddy clubs"will agree

As YOH highlighted, its those who have organised busses that have been most affected by fans choosing not to attend. Maybe it would be a good idea for someone from the club could reach out to these buses and build some bridges? 

God that all sounds so familiar.  It’ll pass, but don’t stop going to home games - lack of gate receipts won’t help.

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

I would lay my mortgage on McGlynn being unable to keep Tait out of the team before long. 

I think he looks a pler. 

There is nobody currently close to droppable in our team. Hendo might be the least droppable of all except Lang. Ina very strong field, his consistency puts him bang in the frame for POTY. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I think he looks a pler. 

There is nobody currently close to droppable in our team. Hendo might be the least droppable of all except Lang. Ina very strong field, his consistency puts him bang in the frame for POTY. 

I like Henderson, in fact argued a lot with a good few last season defending him. He works well with Spencer but I believe Tait has the class to improve us again. His presence will ensure the midfield Hendo, Spencer and Nesbitt will need to perform week in week out. Which has to be good.