Falkirk v Hamilton Pt3

A fucking very enjoyable win.

In spite of some of the worst refereeing of the year we demonstrated that we are a much better football team than Hamilton, again and even when they came out in the second half to just try and kick f**k out of us we stood up to that as well.

Special mention to Lang for putting an end to the big tackles by doing a Claude makaelele impression and putting their man in a spin cycle on the half way line.

The tension was caused by our bloody goalie, any time we are under the cosh you feel either of the balloons will sell the jerseys.  Today Hogarth gave off vibes of get the ball away from me and at corners stays rooted to his line and causes panic in the defence. 

just like his dad I dont think playing for his local team is doing him any favours.its too pressurised for him.  He’s fine when he just has to react but any time there is a decision to made he gives me the fear. 

Fantastic win and in the end probably more enjoyable with all that tension.

First half hour we blew them away and it looked like we'd absolutely scud them. Accies changed it and their fans who remained saw a bit of character from their team. Ultimately i didn't think they did enough to feel hard done by or anything. If i was betting i would have bet on us scoring before them.

The ref lost control of that game by letting far too many heavy challenges slide and at one point both sides were absolutely flying into challenges and I'm surprised there wasn't an injury.  From the KM7 stand i thought Accies first was well offside too.

At the time i disagreed with Tait for Henderson but i think that helped give us more control and ultimately see it out relatively comfortably.

Looking forward to midweek and (hopefully) an even bigger lead.

28 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Who did Clubber murder on the line second half? Got a standing applause from me. 

He done 2 in quick Succession buy the boy he got on our left hand side was a fucking masterpiece. He upped his physicality in the second half. The sexy b*****d

Just now, Rizzo said:

Can someone describe what happened with our second goal btw? Looked utterly bizarre from where we were sitting.

Keeper made a save and fumbled the ball, the hamilton defender tried to shield the ball and allow the keeper to recover, Mciver stick out a toe and got to ball before the keeper and it trickled in. 

12 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

The tension was caused by our bloody goalie, any time we are under the cosh you feel either of the balloons will sell the jerseys.

Imagine this team with a McGovern in the sticks.

I know the relative standard is poor (being in the third tier and all) but this is quite possibly the most entertaining team I can remember. Up there with 02/03 McCall, 04/05 Hughes, 93/94 Jeffries in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Can someone describe what happened with our second goal btw? Looked utterly bizarre from where we were sitting.

Keeper made the save, but the defender left it for him to grab; though he was prostrate on the ground. MacIver nipped in & poked the ball into the net.

Why the Accies player didn’t clear was beyond me. A faux pas we’re normally used to seeing at our end the past few years.

I don't think we can blame the keeper for either goal and he made did make one or two big saves. The one with his feet early doors was very important as if they'd scored then who knows what might have happened. Couple of poor clearances but also some excellent ones that put pressure on their two centrebacks.

Made an easy job look hard. Levels above Accies in the 1st half then fell out the game. Ended up hanging on, but managed to see a game out they would have lost these past few years.

Officiating was appalling, giving advantage then not pull play back for fouls when play fizzles out; until it benefits Accies. They in turn were getting away with murder, bunch of cluggers!

The result was everything today so from that point of view job very well done. Great atmosphere too.

At 3-0 up we were looking to give them a real hiding but what looked like an offside position (need to see it again) it gave them a lifeline which they grasped and became more competitive.

The whole team yet again played their part today, including the subs, however, best for me were Leon McCann who never missed a tackle, won everything in the air and contributed really proactively going  forward and McIvor was great, worked tirelessly, won everything in the air and got his goal and assist. My only concern for the rest of this season is the goalkeeping situation, neither of our goalkeepers inspire confidence. Today Hogarth didn't command his box at corners, left one in his box that McCann had to deal with and his kicking constantly went out of play.  Its one position we definitely need to strengthen IF we go up. I don't think it's going to cost us this season as we carry such a goal threat.

Note to the ref, if an Accies players hatchets down one of our players cynically and you allow advantage, you do know you should book said player when play stops? 3 times this happened and he never booked anyone as he'd given us advantage.

On Accies the support was way over 100 plus, I thought it was about 300 plus. Fair play to those who stayed, at 3-0 down it looked like it could have been anything. I was very surprised to see Rankin take Rose off as he was your only attacking threat, however someone mentioned a calf strain earlier so that might explain it. Thought Accies lacked any real urgency or plan to get back in the game, that gives me even more heart for the remaining games.

Well done to fans, management and players today. Let's beat Montrose on Tuesday and put another nail in the coffin of this awful league.

1 hour ago, AndrewFFC said:

Not nearly as funny as QOTS dropping 2 points to a 96th minute equaliser from the Edinburgh goalie 

Falkirk needed a 90th minute penalty to get a point against Edinburgh not so long ago. Anyway, it’s not because it was Falkirk in particular, it’s just funny seeing any team lose a 3 goal lead. 

Edited by MazzyStar