Queens v Montrose

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The interviewing from Sandra continues to infuriate me. The question at 1:45 is a joke. 

Sandra: “You are getting the blame for it”

Marvin: *nods* “well yeah, I’m the manager”

Sandra: “but when they’re out there, things like that, you can’t legislate for that”

It’s not like she just asks vanilla questions, she actively tees him up to put the blame on to the players. If I was a player and my employer are actively encouraging the manager to criticise in public, I’d be furious. 

Who else can you blame for that yesterday other than the players? 

And it's there on screen, just playground stuff. 

As for Sandra the way it's going Queens will just pull these interviews altogether.

Edited by Kunter

3 minutes ago, Kunter said:

And it's there in screen. Playground stuff. 

At what point does the pattern of continuous individual errors costing us games brings the blame to the manager though? Absolutely in isolation you can blame the players but Bartley needs to own the trend.

Even if it's just for recruiting players who aren't good enough for this level (and hence make lots of errors)

4 minutes ago, Kunter said:

As for Sandra the way it's going Queens will just pull these interviews altogether.

Every game of football is won or last by 'individual errors' and 'individual quality', individual moments within the system and structure provided by the management. They are also all his signings/re-signings are they not? So best case scenario is he's just a terrible judge of player. It's a totally meaningless statement designed purely to abdicate responsibility from management. Managers never want to discount individual brilliance, but are always quick to discount individual errors as not their fault. Can't have it both ways.

There could maybe be some merit in the comment if the errors were the exception to the norm, say if Falkirk lose next week to a couple of howlers. But when you're doing as badly as Queens there is quite clearly a deeper underlying cause i.e. the manager. The fact he's still trying to pass off these results with that excuse is incredible.

46 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

At what point does the pattern of continuous individual errors costing us games brings the blame to the manager though? Absolutely in isolation you can blame the players but Bartley needs to own the trend.

Even if it's just for recruiting players who aren't good enough for this level (and hence make lots of errors)

There's a difference between say a player not covering properly, back to goal deflections etc etc criticism then fair enough but a complete miscommunication and a player sticking a leg out in the box, that is just obvious individual errors and Bartley can't be held accountable for this. 

20 minutes ago, Kunter said:

There's a difference between say a player not covering properly, back to goal deflections etc etc criticism then fair enough but a complete miscommunication and a player sticking a leg out in the box, that is just obvious individual errors and Bartley can't be held accountable for this. 

He can be held accountable for our lack of threat going forward/our players clearly having no idea what's expected of them and our general shite performances week after week. 

1 hour ago, Kunter said:

You could just do a video compilation that you could run after every defeat until the end  of the season as it’s the same script every week after the same dross on the pitch. 

On 24/02/2024 at 19:53, Artemis said:

After less than two seasons in League 1, Queens look more out of their depth than they did in the Championship. The decline in that short time has been incredible. Bartley should have been sacked long ago. If he is still in post for the next game, it beggars belief.
They are a complete and utter shambles.

I give you QOS decline and raise you Accies.

Three years ago we were playing Rangers off the park and now we would struggle to beat Berwick Rangers.

The decline of both clubs and the halving of both supports is due to bad decisions made in the Boardroom at both QOS/Accies.

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Three years ago we were playing Rangers off the park and now we would struggle to beat Berwick Rangers.

The decline of both clubs and the halving of both supports is due to bad decisions made in the Boardroom at both QOS/Accies.

Pfft. When you stop getting your 12 points against us each season you can come back and moan your club's in the gutter. Until then - we win the self loathing cup! 

17 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Not normally one for crowd wankfest's, but I counted 17 of us. 😉

12 of you must have been at the toilet or pie stall when bod counted. At least 17 people went home happy. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

13 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Not normally one for crowd wankfest's, but I counted 17 of us. 😉

Aye as posted, " 8 min from ko there were only 5". Credit to all who traveled, I'm sure the journey was worth it as you deservedly took the 3 points back up the road.

8 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Aye we've both suffered in recent seasons I'll give you that - but I'll take sitting comfortably in second place and guaranteed a shot at the promotion playoffs any day over a relegation fight to avoid the abyss.