Artificial pitch vote

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The resolution will be the only step in this initiative.

Not sure it can be.

Who is paying for the new pitch consultants?

How can they uphold a new standard for grass pitches without telling anyone what the standard is?

Surely they also must address what happens if a newly promoted club has an artificial pitch and either does not have the time or money required to change it?

The rules must be updated at the very least to incorporate the ban.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

Not sure it can be.

Who is paying for the new pitch consultants?

How can they uphold a new standard for grass pitches without telling anyone what the standard is?

Surely they also must address what happens if a newly promoted club has an artificial pitch and either does not have the time or money required to change it?

The rules must be updated at the very least to incorporate the ban.

None of this was part of the actual proposal so they don't have to do any of it and likely won't.

The pitch consultants either don't exist or will be funded out of prize money.

The standard will be as vague as it is currently

If a team doesn't change their pitch they won't get promoted.

On 31/05/2024 at 13:28, Arab_R_us said:

I know Young elite footballers who have had hip problems diagnosed when they are 17/18 because they have grew up playing Academy football on Astro.

chewin-the-fat-smell-shite.gif

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

More fun would be someone challenging the hybrid pitches at Parkhead, Ibrox, Tynecastle, and Easter Road as not complying with the regulation just passed, and watching the scramble. Most fun would be the four highest ranked Championship teams that play on grass get elevated to replace those four and seeing Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts play in the Championship. Any bets promotion rules would be changed?

Hybrid pitches are, in essence, grass pitches. There seems to be a bit of a misconception about them being part grass / part artificial.

On 01/06/2024 at 14:52, Rugster said:

A player who plays for a team with a grass pitch, yet he's not demonising artificial pitches....surely no

On 01/06/2024 at 15:28, pozbaird said:

Haven’t read everything posted, but my view on plastic pitches is that Livingston’s and Kilmarnock’s are shite, but any time I saw a game at Falkirk, I never went away talking about the surface, just the game. Falkirk’s ‘astro’ was interspersed with real grass I think. A ‘hybrid’ pitch? Anyway, Livingston’s and Killie’s look like shag pile plastic shite that has been brushed with Trigger’s broom. Livingston especially seemed to take great pleasure in making their shag pile plastic pish as dry and sticky as possible - but the kunts have been relegated, hopefully to do an ICT and give us peace for decades…

Here endeth my view on plastic pitches. I have zero scientific evidence for my view, but it is intrinsically the same as my view on grass pitches - some are clearly better than others. I also have a view on blaes pitches, freezing cold days, PE classes, and being hit square in the haw-maws by a frozen, heavy, rain-soaked Mitre Mouldmaster… but that’s a debate for another day.

Falkirk's new pitch was laid by the same company that laid Livi's pitch. Both meet the highest FIFA quality rating and are installed and tested by experts....but random punter on an internet forum thinks Livi's is shite so they must get banned....Scottish football (and wider internet culture) summed up

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hybrid pitches are, in essence, grass pitches. There seems to be a bit of a misconception about them being part grass / part artificial.

Aye, the ratio for the pitch at Fir Park is 95% natural grass to 5% synthetic.

Unless they're profoundly thick absolutely no one is considering hybrid pitches an "artificial" surface.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

A player who plays for a team with a grass pitch, yet he's not demonising artificial pitches....surely no

Falkirk's new pitch was laid by the same company that laid Livi's pitch. Both meet the highest FIFA quality rating and are installed and tested by experts....but random punter on an internet forum thinks Livi's is shite so they must get banned....Scottish football (and wider internet culture) summed up

I have no idea about Falkirk’s new pitch. I was talking about when I used to work in Falkirk and saw a few games there. It would have been an older surface. Yogi would have been their manager, and we’d have had the likes of Andy Dorman and Billy Mehmet in the stripes. Never moaned about that hybrid pitch. It definitely was not of the shag pile, shite type favoured by newly relegated and hopefully liquidation threatened Ferrantibank Thistle.

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have no idea about Falkirk’s new pitch. I was talking about when I used to work in Falkirk and saw a few games there. It would have been an older surface. Yogi would have been their manager, and we’d have had the likes of Andy Dorman and Billy Mehmet in the stripes. Never moaned about that hybrid pitch. It definitely was not of the shag pile, shite type favoured by newly relegated and hopefully liquidation threatened Ferrantibank Thistle.

You're very confused, if you think we had an artificial surface back then.

Yogi left in summer 09, the first artificial surface went down in summer 13.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You're very confused, if you think we had an artificial surface back then.

Yogi left in summer 09, the first artificial surface went down in summer 13.

No doubt got the dates wrong. Pretty sure it was a hybrid surface of some sort. I remember the talk being it was an artificial surface but ‘interspersed’ with real grass. There were things on TV showing how they manufactured the surface to make it extremely durable, but obviously not fully ‘artificial’. Real grass was ‘woven’ through it. I can’t have imagined this shit… no-one answer that. 😛

I’ll hold my hands up and say ‘just shoot me and put this auld duffer out of his misery’ if I’ve got the whole thing wrong. Apologies for the dates though. I’m sure the Falkirk pitch back then was a hybrid affair. It wasn’t a fully grass pitch. Surely?  Nurse! Tablet time again! 😃

Edited by pozbaird

Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell all definitely have Hybrid and as far as I'm aware they are the only clubs in Scotland.

Falkirk definitely wouldn't have gone from Hybrid back to fully artificial.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hybrid - A thing made by combining two different elements.

Which part do you struggle with? 

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Hybrid - A thing made by combining two different elements.

Which part do you struggle with? 

A Hybrid pitch, as classified by UEFA, is deemed to be a natural grass playing surface.

There are 5% plastic fibres interwoven with 95% natural grass, and there's some synthetic stuff going underneath in the root system too, but to all intents and purposes they are considered to be natural grass playing surfaces.

Pretty sure all pitches at the Qatar World Cup were Hybrid SIS Pitches.

1 minute ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

The Falkirk grass pitch used to be excellent with excellent drainage. I think Jim Dawson won groundsman of the year a few times. Pretty sure it was hybrid as well.

It was, but after he left it went downhill. By 2011 and 2012 it was fit for tatties.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was, but after he left it went downhill. By 2011 and 2012 it was fit for tatties.

So, what you are saying is, if, for example the SRU poached a groundsman from a club in the Championship because they had a great pitch at the moment, their pitch might go to shit as well?

Hope no-one on here has boasting about how fantastic their pitch is.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

So, what you are saying is, if, for example the SRU poached a groundsman from a club in the Championship because they had a great pitch at the moment, their pitch might go to shit as well?

I think he's saying that if you then don't recruit adequate replacements for a while then you might well have issues

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think he's saying that if you then don't recruit adequate replacements for a decade then you might well have issues

Nah, our pitch pretty much went to shit the season after Dawson left. Probably due to not wanting to spend the money on a qualified replacement.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

None of this was part of the actual proposal so they don't have to do any of it and likely won't.

The pitch consultants either don't exist or will be funded out of prize money.

The standard will be as vague as it is currently

If a team doesn't change their pitch they won't get promoted.

Would they be allowed to groundshare?

Just now, Nowhereman said:

Would they be allowed to groundshare?

The groundshare rules haven't changed as a result of this so you'd assume they could apply to do so.

On 02/06/2024 at 11:51, Div said:

Having agreed to ban the artificial pitches in the top flight, and undertaking to set a high standard for the grass pitches in use in the Premiership the SPFL now need to outline what support is going to be given to promoted clubs who need to transition, and also what the criteria and penalties will be for failing to maintain the grass pitches at the required level.

The passing of the resolution on Friday was surely only the first step in this initiative?

Are you genuinely this naive?