Bartley dead beats v Champions elect.

I was right in line with Morrison when he was played through and he looked comfortably offside to me. If there's one thing we've learned from our 5 years down here it's that the officials aren't very good, to put it mildly. 

Still, other than a 5/10 minute spell each side of half time I thought we dominated, even with McGinn and Oliver on the park slowing everything down and Miller having just about his poorest game in a Falkirk shirt. Could easily have been more than 4-1 

Queens have some decent players in their squad but Bartley is quite clearly way, way out of his depth. Also having Mumbungo up front and McKay at the back is a terrible combination at both ends of the pitch 

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes from watching on TV I thought Connelly, Logan and Todd (2nd half) were good today.

Agreed, and I thought young Lewis put in a shift too.  But that tactical masterclass from Bartley, dearie me ...

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Agreed, and I thought young Lewis put in a shift too.  But that tactical masterclass from Bartley, dearie me ...

Lewis definitely not match fit but did okay. Thought Fergusson was quite good tonight too. 

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

TBH I'm long past the thought that he even talks a good game. It's largely just groundless bullshit.

Agreed.

He's articulate in that he's comfortable with language.  However, he talks rubbish.

2 hours ago, Falkirkwheel said:

I don’t get this soft penalty shout stuff. It’s either a foul, or not. If it’s not a foul then it shouldn’t be a penalty. 

The match officials called it as such. Those at the game would have had their opinion, right or wrong, on it. I watched on TV & thought it debatable, then with the benefit of replays, at the game end, could see it was a dive.

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

The match officials called it as such. Those at the game would have had their opinion, right or wrong, on it. I watched on TV & thought it debatable, then with the benefit of replays, at the game end, could see it was a dive.

🥱

Great day & night in Dumfries. Brilliant travelling support of 700 too considering it was on TV 👏🏻. Didn’t stop singing all night. 

Enjoy every minute of this team, we’ve been outstanding. We deserve this too. Roll on Edinburgh now. 

Oh and it was a pen. Was right in line with it. 

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:

QOTS are in a fight against relegation and were only 1-2 down at that point. None of their players complained. That should tell you that their player thought it was the right decision. I know QOTS fans say that their team has lost heart but at 1-2 it is still a game that a point is possible.

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Great day & night in Dumfries. Brilliant travelling support of 700 too considering it was on TV 👏🏻. Didn’t stop singing all night. 

Enjoy every minute of this team, we’ve been outstanding. We deserve this too. Roll on Edinburgh now. 

Oh and it was a pen. Was right in line with it. 

journey GIF

“Hold on to that feeling”

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's 7th or 8th IIRC. Dougie Moran got 107 and is the highest post-WWII.

He’ll be towards 80+ by the time he ends his next contract extension here. After that, any further contract extension would see him seriously threatening that record. In the modern game, an absolutely absurd servant to the club. What a boy. Testimonial soon 

57 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

TBH I'm long past the thought that he even talks a good game. It's largely just groundless bullshit.

Aye that's more or less what I mean, he sounds very articulate. Will be back on the radio I reckon once his queens careers over. 

3 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

🙄

What game were that pair at. QOS had 15 minutes tops. We should have been 4 up before they scored. 

Appreciate Sandra is an employee but can't she ask basic questions queens fans will want to know answers to, such as "Falkirk seemed to continually exploit our high line, can you explain the thinking behind that and why it wasn't changed?"

These interviews are awful and have been all season. To talk about "it's all about learning and hard work" when you are 29 games into a 36 game season must be soul destroying.

Yet again watching a completely different game to everyone else, lots of flowery repeated phrases with little substance.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

2 hours ago, BPM said:

We should have been 4 up before they scored. 

I'm not defending Bartley for a moment here.  The interview consists largely of typically self serving nonsense.  He's possibly the worst manager we've ever had and it's staggering that he's still in the job.

However, the match was much more even until goals arrived, than you're suggesting above. 

We missed good chances of our own in the first half.  

Obviously, the trouble we'd been inviting all evening duly arrived in the last half hour, but when we took the lead, it wasn't especially against the run of play.