Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dundee United (Do we really have to edition)

United were shite tonight, far too many players off it.

What the hell was Goodwin playing at fucking about with the shape though?  Can’t help but think we’d have dealt with that game an awful lot better playing the 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 we normally play.

Well played Dunfermline. Thought you took your chances very well. Enjoy your night / weekend.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye. I sadly think Raith might win this league. 

God knows how Goodwin keeps getting top jobs. Terrible manager.

Don’t be too sad, still a long way to go, remember we just got beat in a can’t lose gsme game by Arbroath after being 2-0 up. Agree Goodwin is a shite manager but Dundee Utd are still favourites to go up. Plenty twists and turns for all ten teams before the league finishes. 

38 minutes ago, par-adise said:

We knocked back a six figure offer from Barnsley in january for him. That's a lot of conservatories. 

Not surprised there has been interest, have a very hard time believing yous turned down 6 figures for him though

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Not surprised there has been interest, have a very hard time believing yous turned down 6 figures for him though

Was a 6 fig offer in the summer and in January as well. Was confirmed in papers and by the club. 

10 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Was a 6 fig offer in the summer and in January as well. Was confirmed in papers and by the club. 

Boy must have a right good attitude to still be playing well when he could have been earning 5 or 6 times the money down the road.

41 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Boy must have a right good attitude to still be playing well when he could have been earning 5 or 6 times the money down the road.

He does. Well spotted.

Next.....

53 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Heard he was holding out for the mighty Rovers.

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Well some of your fans seem to believe we are being bankrolled by some sort of drug cartel so you never know. Maybe we'll take the boy yous call KRH as a back up for Mullen and bring in Matty Todd to clean Sam Stanton's boots. 

Must say that Bene has certainly shown those of us that thought he was finished in the Championship when we let him go. A genuinely gentlemanly bloke and solid team Captain.

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

As is only right and proper as any sensible player would.

5 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Pars gambled as they wanted him for their assault for top 4 place?

5 hours ago, par-adise said:

We knocked back a six figure offer from Barnsley in january for him. That's a lot of conservatories. 

Maybe the player refused to go to Barnsley perhaps having something better lined up?

5 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Very surprising given the most recent financial statements from EEP but perhaps they had little or no choice.

And even more so if Transfer Markt is correct as he's out of contract at the end of May according to them.

I reckon he's already signed a PCA with someone, maybe even us, but I'd doubt it.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-edwards/profil/spieler/540378

25 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

And even more so if Transfer Markt is correct as he's out of contract at the end of May according to them.

I reckon he's already signed a PCA with someone, maybe even us, but I'd doubt it

It's not correct. He had a one year extension clause which the club has triggered. 

57 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

As is only right and proper as any sensible player would.

Pars gambled as they wanted him for their assault for top 4 place?

Maybe the player refused to go to Barnsley perhaps having something better lined up?

Very surprising given the most recent financial statements from EEP but perhaps they had little or no choice.

I reckon he's already signed a PCA with someone, maybe even us, but I'd doubt it.

Aye good work Inspector Poiroit

Outstanding win. All round good team performance. Winning headers, organised at back, more energy in middle of park... Everything we were missing in middle of season. Some highlights...

Fagan-Walcott: A find. Hope we've already started talks about permanent contract. 

Jakubiak: As others have said, he was man of the match tonight. Had a role in all three goals I think, held ball up well, and was a constant danger in attack. Now seeing why I'd happily keep him around next season.

KRH: Fantastic. Was unsure about bringing him back so quickly but posed a decent threat but showed great composure that we've lacked previously.

One final note. Well done James McPake. Guy has been under immense pressure and taken lots of stick, and you could see that pressure release when 3rd goal went in. It's only fair he's judged when he has his strongest squad available and we're starting to see a better return on his work. There's the foundation of a really good squad there.

Been some guff last few months - last night was a good night. 💪👍

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

We have initiated a one year clause, so he is here next season. Kinda blows that to pieces, Columbo. 

Edwards isn't interested in playing down in England, nor will he want to rock up to Kirkcaldy just because Raith are having a once-in-a-generation season. 

The match day programme for last nights game had it already listed as a 2-0 victory with McCann and Holmes double.

The win was clearly a stick on, there was no need to doubt it.

9 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Jakubiak was MOTM by some distance

Totally right. He never once played as well as that for us. Always tried to be fair but against the Terrors 😂 he was immense. I thought Michael Stewart was churlish no to give him MOTM just because the said pundit early on said he thought that Jakubiak essentially flattered to deceive. It’s clearly not in his nature to be humble. Shame. 

7 hours ago, RR #1 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a wee gentlemen’s agreement somewhere, stay and see us right this year and you can go in the summer. I’d heard he’s signed a PCA with the Jam Tarts but could be rubbish.