Semi Final: Aberdeen vs Celtic

10 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

I'm not having a go but there will be fans of every club in similar situations.  My wife would be getting told to take a holiday 😂

They aren't good they are shite. If Hearts and Hibs were for some bizarre reason playing a semi final of the Scottish in Aberdeen they'd take more than 8k as would both Dundee teams I'd imagine. 

The incentive is its a cup semi final watching your team. 

Remember when you played a semi final at Easter Road in 2014 and didn't sell out?

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It would be hilariously funny if Aberdeen win this but they will probably get scudded 9-0 again, the useless Cormack shagging bellends they are.

Good luck in the play-offs mate

3 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

What end will celtic be in tomorrow?

What part of the country is the referee and governing body from?

How many refs are from outside Glasgow and Renfrewshire?

What city are celtic from?

They have the advantages before a ball is kicked, Having more fans there is another one but that's not their fault 

#somethinginsidesostrong

Edited by gannonball

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As someone else said, at Hampden Celtic and Rangers have their own dressing rooms. Just think about that and your claim on neutrality. Their own dressing rooms.

No they don't. 

Complete made up nonsense forum for this pish. 

I can see why Celtic and Rangers having traditional 'ends' of the stadium would annoy some people even if it is irrelevant on the basis of neutrality but the dressing rooms claim is absolute shite, they are decided on who comes out the hat first or, in the case of the final I believe its a coin toss.

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

No they don't. 

Complete made up nonsense forum for this pish. 

I can see why Celtic and Rangers having traditional 'ends' of the stadium would annoy some people even if it is irrelevant on the basis of neutrality but the dressing rooms claim is absolute shite, they are decided on who comes out the hat first or, in the case of the final I believe its a coin toss.

Urban myth.

20 hours ago, gannonball said:

I wouldn't be adverse to having a national stadium elsewhere but moving a semi that will  sell out to a stadium that is about a third of the size of Hampden is a monumentally stupid suggestion.

Not sure it's that daft. We played Dundee Utd in a semi at Dens in 2000 that probably could've sold more tickets and St J in 2014 at Tynecastle. The atmosphere at those games was brilliant, rather than rattling around a 1/3 full Hampden. 

22 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

They aren't good they are shite. If Hearts and Hibs were for some bizarre reason playing a semi final of the Scottish in Aberdeen they'd take more than 8k as would both Dundee teams I'd imagine. 

The incentive is its a cup semi final watching your team. 

As Vincent pointed out, it would depend on Hearts or Hibs form at the time, the feeling around the club, kick off time, ticket prices etc etc. If Hearts were a rabble, playing Caley or County at 12.30 on a Sunday at Pitrodrie, not sure you could guarantee a huge support. 

I'm en route at the moment but my first thought when the alarm went at 5.45 this morning, having finished work at 0.30 was, 'can I really be arsed with this'. I can see why many haven't bothered. 

55 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Not sure it's that daft. We played Dundee Utd in a semi at Dens in 2000 that probably could've sold more tickets and St J in 2014 at Tynecastle. The atmosphere at those games was brilliant, rather than rattling around a 1/3 full Hampden. 

For those games yes I get it as not a great deal more would have been sold at Hampden, plus Hampden is dogshit unless it's full. But to move it elsewhere when you know it's going to sell out would be ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

For those games yes I get it as not a great deal more would have been sold at Hampden, plus Hampden is dogshit unless it's full. But to move it elsewhere when you know it's going to sell out would be ridiculous.

Not saying I support it, but It isn’t actually that ridiculous in the context of a semi final. 

If today was being held at Easter road then we’d likely have a proper 50/50 sell out in a far more convenient location for one team and hardly inconvenient for anyone coming from Glasgow. 

Youre saying it’s ridiculous because the overall number of tickets sold is less and thousands of your own fans would miss out. Yes, a factor but not so pervasive to call it ridiculous.

It’s classic short term thinking that we just go with whatever suits the OF because the ticket sales are guaranteed.

I might place a bet myself. Mikovski, Duk, if they turn up seriously Celtic will have big problems.

Go on the Dons. Enjoy yer day out!

6 minutes ago, Sonam said:

I might place a bet myself. Mikovski, Duk, if they turn up seriously Celtic will have big problems.

I suppose someone needs to be optimistic, why not a Ross county fan 

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

Not often bet, but just placed one on Aberdeen victory (whether extra time or penalties). Come on ye Dons!!

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I suppose someone needs to be optimistic, why not a Ross county fan 

If County can beat Rangers, Aberdeen can beat Celtic. Miyovski is best striker in the league. Duk when on form sheer class. Believe!!!