Having claimed maximum points from two "six pointers" and yet strangely only gaining six points: the Mo once again engage with an improving Annan side. We have been held to a draw in our two previous encounters. It would be terrific if we could gain all three points this time round. No doubt Annan will have other ideas but I hope we are hungrier for it on the day and keep up that MOmentum to secure a third place spot if possible.

Annan are a better side now than their league position and they are a very physical side so the Mo will need to keep their cool and not be antagonised by them. Remember when we played them away last time - we got 2 men sent off and another two injured with Kerr Waddell one of them and he's still out for quite a while. Annan are also good at winning penalties so our defenders (and the Ref) need to take care.

Other than that, the Mo can win this game BUT so too could Annan!

On 13/03/2024 at 17:21, mo83 said:

Play like we can and we should beat Annan,have to say though the last time they were at LP I was impressed with them.

Well that was a brutal 90+ minutes of fitba. We were just never at the races today and spent too much time lobbing balls forward to the efficient Annan back line who love to foul and head fitbas. They went ahead with a good goal which we never looked like replying to however this didn't stop Annan wasting time all through the second half which the ref finally had enough of in the 94th minute and forced a card from him. 

The officiating was as brutal as our play today and some of the decisions left you wondering if it was some kind of YouTube prank where 4 lads buy themselves sfa blazers and blag their way onto the pitch. 

In the end it was a point that felt like three and put me home happier that I would've expected. 

Special mention to Paul Watson in his testimonial year who bust a gut trying to get the team going. Wish we had him for a few more years but unfortunately he old 😂

Second half was delayed when Alex Balfour apparently dislocated an ankle at half time on the pitch. The ambulance arrived as we were leaving the ground at full time. 

Edited by stimpy
Updating the injured players name

Would have been disappointed with a point beforehand but on 90 minutes I was delirious that Ali Shrive somehow preserved our unbeatenish* run.

(* with Falkirk midweek game being the exception.)

I thought it wouldn't be easy and it doesn't appear to have been.

12 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Would have been disappointed with a point beforehand but on 90 minutes I was delirious that Ali Shrive somehow preserved our unbeatenish* run.

(* with Falkirk midweek game being the exception.)

I thought it wouldn't be easy and it doesn't appear to have been.

Yeah, when we hit the woodwork twice early on, I thought that we would dominate. 

Annan had other ideas though and they really came in to it and dominated at times.

I dont grudge them their point and I imagine they're disappointed not to walk away with all three.

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

Well that was a brutal 90+ minutes of fitba. We were just never at the races today and spent too much time lobbing balls forward to the efficient Annan back line who love to foul and head fitbas. They went ahead with a good goal which we never looked like replying to however this didn't stop Annan wasting time all through the second half which the ref finally had enough of in the 94th minute and forced a card from him. 

The officiating was as brutal as our play today and some of the decisions left you wondering if it was some kind of YouTube prank where 4 lads buy themselves sfa blazers and blag their way onto the pitch. 

In the end it was a point that felt like three and put me home happier that I would've expected. 

Special mention to Paul Watson in his testimonial year who bust a gut trying to get the team going. Wish we had him for a few more years but unfortunately he old 😂

Second half was delayed when our young sub keeper apparently dislocated an ankle at half time on the pitch. The ambulance arrived as we were leaving the ground at full time. 

It wasn’t our sub keeper, it was Alex Balfour. Very bad from what I’ve heard, ankle seemingly round the wrong way 

That was a point gained rather than 2 lost. We started brightly, hitting the woodwork 3 times in the first 20 minutes.  It went down hill after that. Annan bullied us all over the park (not a knock at them, they used it well). A special mention for the referee who was absolutely brutal, abley assisted by the stand side linesman.  Between them, they didn't have a clue, equally abysmal for both teams. Summed up when Machedo was flagged offside after receiving the ball from an Annan defender. 

Finally,  a mention for young Balfour who apparently had a very nasty injury whilst kicking about at half time. Hopefully not as bad as first thought. 

Well that was a frustrating one today.

We never got going at all today too many long balls for me,we need to keep the ball on the ground and hurt teams.Annan are a big physical side and it's games like today we really miss Kerr Waddell and Terry Masson both can put the foot in when needed a feel we struggle against physical teams that get in our faces we are a bit lightweight.

Having said that it's 1 point and not the end of the world it might prove to be a good point come the end of season.

Very slack today, and fairly relieved to nick a point from that. Hope Balfour makes a good recovery, sickener for the kid.

Can just sense there will be a lot of plot twists and edgy afternoons before QOS at home.

20 hours ago, Scorge said:

Very slack today, and fairly relieved to nick a point from that. Hope Balfour makes a good recovery, sickener for the kid.

Can just sense there will be a lot of plot twists and edgy afternoons before QOS at home.

With Winker likely to be out for a while now (might well miss his own testimonial game) we must have more from midfield to support the lads up top. Gardyne will fit in nicely in his now best attacking midfield role but we must replace Winker in a similar attacking midfield role. In the present squad my suggestion is that Ali Shrive should step up to that mark and make his mark a a starting eleven player - he is well capable of scoring goals as well. So, come on Ali, give it really good shot and make yourself a certain starter for the rest of this season and the next.