Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

I feel myself getting drawn in to a Michael Stewart-esque tedious debate here...

He said that by the research they have done there has been more rainfall than on a 10 year average. This can be attributed to a result of climate change and then he went on to concede that Dundee need to do more to address this. 

Fucking hell it really isn't hard mate.

limmy-double-down.gif

22 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Tannadice doesn't have VAR.

Sigh. 

A ground “having VAR” means it has a pitchside monitor.

Given Firhill had one installed at short notice for the play-off final last season, I’m sure they could do the same at Tannadice. 

On the plus side though there is a good chance that hundreds if not thousands of glory hunters from different countries will have spent lots of money for the second time getting to Dundee for absolutely nothing.

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Again, the clubs owners never drove Dens into the ground. They done the bare minimum (at hefty expense) to a rented property whilst attempting to move out. The previous owner(s) let it get to this state.

Did they ever think of maybe doing more than the bare minimum?

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

Will Dundee choose to fund a top 6 attempt next year and ignore the pitch again? 

They have this pie in the sky idea that they are moving to a new ground and dont want to spend a penny on dens they dont have to.

Its pretty obvious whats going on

Given that this issue with the burn and water flow is apparently an ongoing problem how many matches have Dundee had postponed over the previous few seasons due to this?

Given that they knew it was an issue what steps have they taken to resolve it before this season started? 

15 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

That's a weird take as to what he said. He was providing context as to why the pitch was as bad as it was...but don't let that get in the way.

It’s typical “click bait” tabloid journalism.

No doubt there was a long interview discussing all manner of things but the media will just highlight what achieves greatest impact for their uninformed audience. 

This weather this year (since January) has been really fcuking wet. 

Edited by Molotov

I am not in Dundee but any grass fitba grun within a considerable perimeter of me will be unplayable after the horror-rain we've had today on top of the rest of this horrible winter and spring. In fact, Im less than ten miles from Ibrox. Can someone break in and check and see if that pitch is unplayable, as I suspect it may be?

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

It’s typical “click bait” tabloid journalism.

No doubt there was a long interview discussing all manner of things but the media will just highlight what achieves greatest impact for their uniformed audience. 

This weather this year (since January) has been really fcuking wet. 

People only hear what they want to. HE SAID CLIMATE CHANGE HE'S BLAMING THE PITCH ON CLIMATE CHANGE. How very dense. 

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Did they ever think of maybe doing more than the bare minimum?

Why would you do that when it's a rented facility and you're looking to move out?

Anyway back to the ranjurs statement what solutions did they offer...it would be interesting to see how many of them were actually a goer or was the statement just another attempt to keep their fans in a state of permanent rage