Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

15 minutes ago, Vicdfc said:

You or any other dab know f**k all about how much we’ve spent on players you should worry about how much your spending on your team and the debt your building up

The whole world knows what Dundee are spending on wages, your club has just announced it 

17 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

To be fair most Dundee fans are laughing with the rest of Scottish football and at ourselves too. 

It is clear to see there has been the bare minimum done in and around Dens Park and in the case of the pitch this rings true, a new pitch re-laid at the start of the season and several works to the drainage over the years have turned out to be patchwork rather than a holistic solution. That, however, cannot be translated into what Rangers accuse the club of which is negligence. 

Again, I'm not making excuses here but rather providing the context that is true with every other club in this league and in Scottish football but Dundee have to weigh up and balance the ongoing maintenance of their facilities along with providing a team that can challenge on the pitch and retaining their top flight status. That has clearly been imbalanced in this case. 

It's a wider issue that the rest of us pick up the proverbial scraps whilst the big two keep getting their pockets lined generously. 

Its not negligence, Rangers are wrong there, you guys need to play there every week  so why would it be in Dundee's interest not have have a decent enough surface. But as you say, decisions have clearly been taken to prioritise the team over the pitch and accepting I'm sure no one at the club thought the pitch would end up as bad as it did, it was a conscious decision taken. You guys could arguably get away with it this season, but unless measurable works done in summer the SPFL will throw the book at Dundee.

As you say, most clubs have the same decision to take. Facilities, be it pitches, stands etc up snd down the county are massively sub standard and with little finances to deal with them you can see it all getting worse each season. Hearts and Hibs arguably the only ones able and actively investing in stadium and team.

If I was at the SPFL, I'd be drawing up minimum standards rules that make provisions for alternatives for each team if you end up with unrepairable ongoing problems during a season. Such as each team having an alternative ground in the same way international sides have to have in place. I'd also bake in a week's break between game 33 and the post split to make sure all games can be played.  

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

Its not negligence, Rangers are wrong there, you guys need to play there every week  so why would it be in Dundee's interest not have have a decent enough surface. But as you say, decisions have clearly been taken to prioritise the team over the pitch and accepting I'm sure no one at the club thought the pitch would end up as bad as it did, it was a conscious decision taken. You guys could arguably get away with it this season, but unless measurable works done in summer the SPFL will throw the book at Dundee.

As you say, most clubs have the same decision to take. Facilities, be it pitches, stands etc up snd down the county are massively sub standard and with little finances to deal with them you can see it all getting worse each season. Hearts and Hibs arguably the only ones able and actively investing in stadium and team.

If I was at the SPFL, I'd be drawing up minimum standards rules that make provisions for alternatives for each team if you end up with unrepairable ongoing problems during a season. Such as each team having an alternative ground in the same way international sides have to have in place. I'd also bake in a week's break between game 33 and the post split to make sure all games can be played.  

Stop talking so much sense...

In all seriousness though I think there have been too many games postponed and too much uproar been made now for Dundee to get away with it. After all, it has had an impact on TV slots etc..

Personally, I'm not even against any punishment so long as it is proportionate. It's not like we couldn't say we didn't have it coming...A suspended fine stipulating the club sort it out and buck up our ideas is fine.

Please let the game be off next week, and is rescheduled for ibrox. 

Dundee get the home dressing room, hang a Dundee flag over the portrait of the King. 

And then pump them. 

If that happens, I might start to believe is some form of deity or high power. 

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

Whole of Scottish football is fucking rattled. 

Pleasing.

Issues with the drainage were discovered after the start of the season. f**k all we can do mid season to rectify it. Will be rectified after the season is over I’m sure. 

Delighted to see the Rainjurz and Utd are the most rattled - 2 clubs with 0 integrity and thick as f**k Fanbases.

Keep the tears coming. 

Thank you. 

The last United game at Tannadice postponed due to weather was in January 2021. Dundee have had 14 games at Dens Park postponed since then.

Aye but its only been this season 😀 absolute fannnies

Just now, Derryboy62 said:

Looking forward to singing this when this game finally gets played.

We've got a crap pitch

We've got a crap pitch

YOU LET YOUR CLUB DIE 

We've got a crap pitch

You let your grass die etc. 

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

Please let the game be off next week, and is rescheduled for ibrox. 

Dundee get the home dressing room, hang a Dundee flag over the portrait of the King. 

image.thumb.png.6fd681f3a7edcb311069582c172df3ea.png

Edited by RawB93

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

The last United game at Tannadice postponed due to weather was in January 2021. Dundee have had 14 games at Dens Park postponed since then.

Aye but its only been this season 😀 absolute fannnies

You'd do well to keep in mind that you are a mere guest in the Premiership forum and moderate your tone accordingly.

My favourite part in this so far is Ally McCoist being asked his opinion on it only to bring up the Dundee e-mailgate, as if it has any relevance.

*the same e-mailgate that Rangers produced a smoking gun dossier tbat turned out to be a pile of shite about*

Edited by stressball