Life's little pleasures

13 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I mind my mate shagged some boys bird and turned out the boy run one of the 'go to'places in Dundee at the time and him doing that seen about 4 or 5 of us banned.

We were apologised to by the bar staff but told we were not to be served anymore so we took the piss and sat about nursing the drinks to get on the boys tits. He come across and tried to snatch the glasses. The mate who had pegged his bird buggered off only to return with a big walnut whip shite sticking out the glass and handed it to the boy.

A work of art.

On 21/03/2024 at 04:27, pub car king said:

There is nothing on this earth that is happier than a dug with its head out a car window. 

The only thing that comes close is me when I see a big daft dug with its head out a car window

On 24/03/2024 at 14:03, Mark Connolly said:

The only thing that comes close is me when I see a big daft dug with its head out a car window

I'm normally in this camp, but I had a car next to me at the lights and the dug with his heid oot the windae was one of those hypertrophied hellhounds beloved of the discerning bam-about-town.

Shat it.

On 22/03/2024 at 23:23, scotfree said:

Watching a beautiful sunset in the dying light of twilight.

Where my desk is at home is in a bay window facing roughly SSE. I have the joy of an early start where I can still be in my PJs working and seeing the sun burn the sky alive in the morning. The changing colours are always worth sitting back and chilling for a minute to watch

10 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Where my desk is at home is in a bay window facing roughly SSE. I have the joy of an early start where I can still be in my PJs working and seeing the sun burn the sky alive in the morning. The changing colours are always worth sitting back and chilling for a minute to watch

I get up, clock in and go back to bed.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an odd one but in a pub at the moment and three old boys are sat in the corner having come out for one of their birthdays. Just three friends sat over a pint having a chat about the old days and all manner of this and that. So lovely. Must have known each other decades but after all this time, still together having a chat in the local.

7 hours ago, southernrover said:

Bit of an odd one but in a pub at the moment and three old boys are sat in the corner having come out for one of their birthdays. Just three friends sat over a pint having a chat about the old days and all manner of this and that. So lovely. Must have known each other decades but after all this time, still together having a chat in the local.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Sitting in the garden with a cup of coffee and watching the garden come alive after putting out food for the birds.

You got the Cornell Merlin Bird ID app on yer phone? Tremendous whats singing away unseen.

3 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Sitting in the garden with a cup of coffee and watching the garden come alive after putting out food for the birds.

3 hours later...

6e6c0210-dfde-11ee-b2b2-110d3975295d.jpg

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You got the Cornell Merlin Bird ID app on yer phone? Tremendous whats singing away unseen.

I use the BirdNet app from Cornell, but I'll have a gander at the one you mention.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Merlin's really good - but fallible, of course. It's a big help to them if people provide feedback on its accuracy, but most of us can only do that once we've sighted the bird. 

Pretty pleased this morning, on a walk by the Water of Leith, when I heard a song and thought to myself, "Bit like a willow warbler." Then, "Bit like a chaffinch. Then, "Doesn't have the wee petering-out descent at the end, so probably the chaffinch."

Fired up Merlin.

Common chaffinch.

Now that was one of life's little pleasures.

I've had a wee bit of something, presumably food, stuck between 2 of my back teeth for what seems like forever. Toothpicks wouldn't shift it, floss just snaps and I was starting to think I'd need a trip to the dentist to get the b*****d thing out.

Absent mindedly poking at my teeth with a fingernail this morning, as I've done a thousand times before and the morsel slipped out with no effort at all. Apple peel is my guess.

Life is good.