United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

For all their talk beforehand Raith looked absolutely rattled to a man and the play acting from them was abysmal.

United done everything right today, no messing about at the back with square passes, pressed from the front and took our chances.

Big step up from the last games against Raith and the way we should have played against them previously during the season.

Absolutely buzzing.

Happy with the penalty? No play acting there? Did everything right?

Wasn't confident before today and was less so when I saw our midfield. 

Plenty life left yet though. Game is still on.

15 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

Rovers are shite yet beat your lot five times this season. How shite are the pars then?

Few injury issues, now firing. We're rather good. 

We beat United the other week, they've just beat you lot. Lucks running out.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Happy with the penalty? No play acting there? Did everything right?

Wasn't confident before today and was less so when I saw our midfield. 

Plenty life left yet though. Game is still on.

Tbf I didn't get a clear view of it as was other side of the GF. Looked like plenty contact and given that's only our second of the season you could hardly say we're known for diving in the box!

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

So they couldn't even get close to half filling the coo shed. Bunch of absolute c*nts Utd really are. 

Eh? Over 9000 home fans at the game. Plus Rovers fans. The capacity is 14223 minus the closed Fair Play enclosure

Ah well shows you what I know about football I thought Raith would take United.

just shows United have played a blinder with the ticket shenanigans - or indeed that Raiths board and social media team have just done in their own title challenge.   

lol.

4 minutes ago, North West said:

Few injury issues, now firing. We're rather good. 

We beat United the other week, they've just beat you lot. Lucks running out.

As bad as United were, that performance in the 3-1 win for Dunfermline was the best a team has played against United this season. Raith have been very lucky all season.

Would fancy Dunfermline to get to the playoff final if they keep their key players fit.

1 hour ago, jasperellon said:

Done by the clever cheating of Watt and Moult. Rovers not in the match apart from the first few minutes. It’s not over yet but advantage United.

Sorry?? You were undone by, especially in the first half, having United camped in your half.

If you want to talk about "cheating" Brown took about 5 yards minimum every throw (moved.forward 2.complete advertising hoardings on one), Connelly was too close by about 2 yards at every United corner towards the end. Your players were obviously under instruction to go down to rattle & frustrate United, thankfully today it didn't work.

We can then add in the constant, no attempts to play the ball, jumping into players (Vaughan on Thomson for example).

By all means support your team and complain at decisions that you may not agree with, but you will not go to ANY football match and see either team not use "dark arts" to try and get an advantage so try not to be too myopic.

I will agree that the referee was atrocious over officious, and seemed to take some truly bizarre decisions with drop balls etc. but just another incompetent from SFA.

Edited by Tannadeechee

11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

As bad as United were, that performance in the 3-1 win for Dunfermline was the best a team has played against United this season. Raith have been very lucky all season.

Would fancy Dunfermline to get to the playoff final if they keep their key players fit.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Best team won.

Horrendous team selection which I called before a ball was kicked. Should’ve been Matthews for Turner and Hamilton for Rudden as a minimum.

Zero football played by us so absolutely zero issue with the result, just hacked off with Murray’s unnecessary tinkering.

Im away out for beers. 

14 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Tbf I didn't get a clear view of it as was other side of the GF. Looked like plenty contact and given that's only our second of the season you could hardly say we're known for diving in the box!

Sit in the East Stand, while I've seen stronger penalties not given (Broadfoot's two arm rugby tackle comes to mind), it looked a clear penalty. Would have been raging at a United player for doing that. Moult clearly held back.

Just now, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Best team won.

Horrendous team selection which I called before a ball was kicked. Should’ve been Matthews for Turner and Hamilton for Rudden as a minimum.

Zero football played by us so absolutely zero issue with the result, just hacked off with Murray’s unnecessary tinkering.

Im away out for beers. 

Fair play. To be fair other than the first 5 or so minutes, which had me getting nervous, I'm was expecting more. Not sure if it was us stepping up and showing a bit more dig and drive than we have for a while and you guys not dealing with it. Although, not surprisingly, I'm not too fussed just happy with the win.

A particularly pleasing moment in the game was near the end two Raith players diving in and smashing each other up rather than the United player then both rolling around gesturing at ref for a free kick.

Spanners. Total spanners.

IM got that team wrong. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, and in all honesty I probably would have went for something similar before the game. At 1-0 I was expecting a better second half, but alas it didn't really happen. 

I said before today that I expect points to be dropped on both sides on the run-in. Season isn't over, so we need to re-group, remember all the positives from the season and move on.