Clyde -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 20 April 2024)

It's Scottish League 2, you need to be able to defend set pieces as a priority. Our two centre halves' obvious weakness is in the air and we don't make up for it elsewhere on the pitch with this lineup. Too many lazy attacking players on the pitch at once.

McGinn has shown exactly why he hasn't been playing and I expect him to be hooked at the break. 

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

From the school of glasses being half full...we shows some guts there in the 2nd half and came pretty close to the 3 points.

From the University of glasses being half full...........ach we'll be fine...give the Board another go at it next season....Promotion is the aim.

6 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

From the University of glasses being half full...........ach we'll be fine...give the Board another go at it next season....Promotion is the aim.

Hardly what I'm saying.

The TEAM showed some more fight after gifting them their 2nd goal.

The board should certainly be hunted.

Frying pan to fire with stadium.

Losing Crownpoint 

Management appoinments

Squad signed.

How long is it going to be before McCall realises Ballantyne is a waste of space, 12 games he played , and he’d be lucky if he could average 2 out 10 , hard to believe he has played football at any level, yet doesn’t seem to get subbed.

2 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

How long is it going to be before McCall realises Ballantyne is a waste of space, 12 games he played , and he’d be lucky if he could average 2 out 10 , hard to believe he has played football at any level, yet doesn’t seem to get subbed.

I agree.

I'm most games I forget he is even on the pitch. Has he touched the ball in any match since he came?

3 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

We did all we could to help Clyde with our reserve keeper starting, the first time we've played a back 3 (with two fullbacks in it) and 'inside forwards' as wingbacks.

A moderately enjoyable game of football with some good goading from both sets of fans.

Which of the 10-15 wee boys in the away end were you? Congrats on winning the league etc. *yawn*

Edited by RutherGlen

We've played worse this season and won but that was far from a good performance. At least there was a wee bit of dig 2nd half and thank f*CK we didn't lose as that really would have been game over. 

I think we might still be ok but it's bloody horrible having to rely on Stranraer being slightly more shite than us. 

Two really poor goals conceded from our point of view. We must be well into double figures for goals lost from set pieces too. Far too many in that Clyde team today didn’t look up for the fight. Kabia may have a bit of ability about him but him and Rennie on the wings could barely have given their opposite numbers an easier time. Leitch continues to blow hot and cold but we may not see him again this season depending on what his injury is like. Kian Leslie had a good cameo when he came on. Lyle’s save from Ballantyne at the end was excellent. McGinn improved second half but was absolutely hopeless in the first and cemented, in my mind, that for all his faults, Alex King is probably our best option at left back (or he would be were he fit). Scullion being back next week is a bonus for us.

I can’t tell whether we’ll avoid/survive the play-offs. I’m not convinced enough players out there have the stomach for it and whilst we’re a capable enough outfit or our day, we can’t defend set pieces and we give away so many goals from daft errors. Given even the best case scenario for us next week will see us head up to Elgin really hoping to at least avoid a defeat (otherwise it could be a very nervy afternoon of checking scores) I’m not entirely confident.

Was great to see Curtis make that save at the end. 

I thought it was quite an entertaining game and when we went 2-1 up I really thought we would go on and win it. The Clyde goal came as a surprise as they didn’t look like scoring in the 2nd half up to that point. We ended the game with a back 4 of Lynch, Jacobs, Stirling and Bilham. It’s fair to say that the season is catching up on the team now. 

But who cares. 

48 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

In an afternoon of below par performances his was absolutely stinking. No idea how he lasted the 90mins but was almost the match winner missing that point blank chance at the end.

We are getting nothing out of Martin Rennie playing wide right, he needs to be a strike partner for Allan but McCall didn’t deviate from the formation at all to make that happen.

Lost count of how many times our players got in each others way, in particular the midfield 3 of Grant, Ballantyne and Cuddihy.

Felt as if Stenny were ok but could have been there for the taking, we didn’t do enough to make that happen though.

Not a complete disaster thanks mainly to Dumbarton not losing but heaps the pressure onto next week where a win really is a must.

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

Not a complete disaster thanks mainly to Dumbarton not losing but heaps the pressure onto next week where a win really is a must.

I feel like we've been saying this for the entire season.