Smokies v Spiders

Must win. It really is that simple. If we can’t beat a team that Veldman’s QP managed to take six points from, then we frankly don’t deserve to avoid a relegation playoff. 

32 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

If we don't win, away we go. The fear is I remember Arbroath knackering our season last season at Ochilview.

That was absolutely glorious, the highlight of our season.

My personal highlight of the season is going to be when game 36 finishes and this ordeal is finally over.  I expect nothing from this game.

Question, if you do somehow get relegated, will you play at your teeny tiny stadium next season?

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Will Arbroath down tools for this own to make the Big Fud Dunc seethe or a game to close to call? I have no idea.

But it would be good to see out the last home game of the season with a result. Dragging QP into the relegation playoffs would be interesting if you ended up getting relegated to burst "The Journey" bubble.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Will Arbroath down tools for this own to make the Big Fud Dunc seethe or a game to close to call? I have no idea.

But it would be good to see out the last home game of the season with a result. Dragging QP into the relegation playoffs would be interesting if you ended up getting relegated to burst "The Journey" bubble.

Every journey has a few bumps along the way, probably be final home appearance for many, I kinda think QP are destined for 9th, so home win

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Dragging QP into the relegation playoffs would be interesting if you ended up getting relegated to burst "The Journey" bubble.

It's a marathon, (the 'journey'), not a sprint; we have been honking for the vast majority of this season, but for all the jokes about our defence etc, you've shipped almost 80 goals.  I'm not, generally speaking, a betting man, but if we go down via the play-offs, as 'interesting' as it would be for you, I'm fairly certain who'd I'd wager will be coming back up soonest.

Edited by Spider1975

I take it Ricky is back from suspension for this?Fitting that most likely his last game for us at Gayfield will be against QP, and also incredible to think what’s happened to both clubs during his time at Gayfield!

Not one for dead rubbers but will head down to this I think.

Dear Smokies,

Is been a blast having you in the championship.

From one coast to another, truly one of my favourite away days.

Your 2nd last game comes now with a heavy heart.

But it is not over.

Your Ayrshire coastal cousins are right behind you.

Cheering you on from the urban sprawl of Maryhill this Saturday.

You can do this.

Do it not for us, but for the spirit of the salty air that fills our lungs every other Saturday.

We will meet again (praying not next season so get your finger out and get a win FFS!)

Yours forever 

Ayr United 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I just want to see some positives. Some nice football being played and a lack of mistakes. This season has been absolute torture

We feel your pain as well.  A group therapy session in a suitable hostelry is probably required.  2023/4 is a season I would like to forget quite quickly.

1 hour ago, PeterParker said:

Was looking on the Arbroath website, can anybody advise if the terracing for QP is the terracing behind the goal or the uncovered part of terracing next to the stand.

likely both

1 hour ago, PeterParker said:

Was looking on the Arbroath website, can anybody advise if the terracing for QP is the terracing behind the goal or the uncovered part of terracing next to the stand.

You will probably get the Switchie end up to the media booth and part of the main stand. 

5 hours ago, PeterParker said:

You can have if all if you like.

Edited by Tattie36