Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Think this is going to be a belter of a game with both teams evenly matched. I'm hoping home advantage counts here and if earlier on in the season is anything to go by we have a good chance - we're a better team now. 

Dundee win, McCowan and Bakayoko 2-1.

We’re definitely a better team and very high in confidence. 
Dundee 0 Sainties 1 (Carson OG)

I usually dread games with high stakes due to the emotional toll they take but I'm absolutely buzzing for this one. We have nothing to lose with our already successful season secured, while St Mirren have the pressure of expectation with having held that position for so long, as well as coming so close last year.

Obviously it's very unlikely to be like the 4-0 game, but I am feeling good about this for whatever reason, I think our squad is in a great frame of mind for it and eager to push further. Hopefully Cameron's hamstring tweak was minor enough to shake off for this one, but our depth right now doesn't have me worried even if he isn't available.

2 hours ago, Girth said:

I'll be larging it in Leipzig this week so won't be watching, but I'll be shouting at Flashscore. 

Thank you. 

What a dangerous holiday.

Spoiler

If you had been travelling between 1939-1945

My gut tells me a 1-1 draw on the cards in this one. Can’t see many goals in it either way. Wasn’t an excuse but didn’t we have a flu bug in the camp when we shipped four? Anyone comes out victorious this time and I reckon it will be 2-1 max. Mind you, I can’t predict my way out of a wet paper poke this season, so will probably be the 5-4 thriller.

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

If we want to be regularly qualifying for Europe we need to be beating provincial sides like St Mirren as a matter of routine. 

Thank you. 

That’s the spirit. 😁

The game is more important to us as it might be a while before we're in this position again while Dundee's addiction to voodoo economics will see them no doubt see them continue to punch above their weight.

41 minutes ago, btb said:

The game is more important to us as it might be a while before we're in this position again while Dundee's addiction to voodoo economics will see them no doubt see them continue to punch above their weight.

Football Gg GIF by FaZe Clan

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

Don’t want to bring the tone down but do Dundee not have e-tickets? Are we travelling back to the 80’s

Have you ever been to Dundee? 

At last. It took longer than expected, but now the thread is spiraling down the toilet faster than Scotland’s First Minister the last St Mirren v Dundee thread. Result!

On 28/04/2024 at 18:05, Coventry Saint said:

This is massive. Obviously we took a doing at Dens earlier in the season, and we're struggling for form, albeit were pretty good against Rangers today.

I'm pretty nervous, NGL.

Same again would be nice.

Hopefully Hemming will be as bad as he was yesterday.

Our secret weapon is that Carson isn't playing.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh