SNP's Next Permanent Manager 2024

Who will be SNP's next permanent manager?  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm not a member of the SNP, but I'm a supporter of Scottish independence and have voted SNP for years. I'm quite happy with Swinney too.

were you happy with Yousaf and Sturgeon before him? 

4 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

were you happy with Yousaf and Sturgeon before him? 

Sturgeon yes, Yousaf needed more time I think, but the government did get bogged down in issues that I wasn't particularly bothered about.  I'll be interested to see Swinney's new cabinet and if there's any significant changes in approach.  I reckon he'll be more than a match for Sarwar and Ross at FMQs.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

99% very happy.  1% reasonably happy.

I admitted to being unhappy; now I'm typing this from a Unionist gulag  :(

Mind when they were all convinced they were going to be rounded up by the evil SNaziP? I guess the plan changed to replace them all with furriners.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Sturgeon yes, Yousaf needed more time I think, but the government did get bogged down in issues that I wasn't particularly bothered about.  I'll be interested to see Swinney's new cabinet and if there's any significant changes in approach.  I reckon he'll be more than a match for Sarwar and Ross at FMQs.

I know I'm repeating myself, but name a poster on here who wouldn't be.

Dawson Park Bigot would seem more appealing than DRoss, and win debates by admitting he didn't know what he was talking about and asking the wee creep to explain.

Edited by BFTD

As a member of SNP I am happy enough with Swinney as leader from those who had shown an interest. If that answers your question. Still a better option than any those leading the branch offices of the other parties. 

Sleazy Salmond saying Swinney should 'beat a path to Ash Regan's door'.... 😄

After Regan voting with the Yoons last week, Swinney won't be doing that in a hurry.

I think Swinney is fine but despite him being at pains to say he’s not a “caretaker”, I don’t see him being a long term leader. He is effectively a continuity Yousaf candidate (long time minister, close to Sturgeon) and I think the lack of candidates putting themselves forward is because they know a mild kicking (at best) is coming at the GE. I hope he steadies the ship but I’d be very surprise if he does much to advance the independence cause. The SNP should already be looking at succession planning for post 2026. It’ll probably be Forbes.

34 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm not a member of the SNP, but I'm a supporter of Scottish independence and have voted SNP for years. I'm quite happy with Swinney too.

Same here. Swinney is maybe not earth-shattering but is a good guy.

Yon Flynn would be my choice post-Swinney.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is there a political party in Scotland with a larger individual membership than the SNP or a UK party with a larger pro rata membership?

Let me know once you have the membership list and have called them all individually. 

Spoiler

Just to check that Murrell hasn't been cooking those numbers as well as the other dodgy things he has been up to.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

Let me know once you have the membership list and have called them all individually. 

Reveal hidden contents

Just to check that Murrell hasn't been cooking those numbers as well as the other dodgy things he has been up to.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

99% very happy.  1% reasonably happy.

Try to keep up.

34 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Sleazy Salmond saying Swinney should 'beat a path to Ash Regan's door'.... 😄

After Regan voting with the Yoons last week, Swinney won't be doing that in a hurry.

Regan will wait a long time for a call like that after last week's back-end-of-the-coo pantomime performance. 

This membership numbers bit is odd, considering the figures that were posted for the other parties a while back  :shutup