Dumbarton vs Stirling, Stirling vs Dumbarton

Who goes through?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes through?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/24 at 18:45

Another game where we created lots of chances without taking any of them. It’s been the story of the season and Darren Young has to take the blame for failing to address this.

Dumbarton clearly came to frustrate and hold their first leg advantage and they did it well. I lost count of the number of players booked for time wasting.

I think Sons will struggle against Spartans so we’ll be meeting again next season.

3 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

Another game where we created lots of chances without taking any of them. It’s been the story of the season and Darren Young has to take the blame for failing to address this.

Dumbarton clearly came to frustrate and hold their first leg advantage and they did it well. I lost count of the number of players booked for time wasting.

I think Sons will struggle against Spartans so we’ll be meeting again next season.

Hilson was never a striker and played up there most season 

I aged horribly watching that second-half. But fair play. Over the course of the two games I think we shaded it. By the end the Binos had just punted everyone up top and were launching it. Mark Durnan and Sean Crighton will deal with that all day. We knew Stirling's weaknesses. And took full advantage. 10 shots and 0 on target tells it's own story. 

To all the bitter wee Stirling fans who have been posting on our social media channels for over a year because of some postponed games, and to the Stirling fans who assaulted 10 year old kids last season, get it right round ye. 

To all the Stirling fans who have been quite sound throughout last season and indeed through this play off, hard lines but hopefully we won't be playing you again on league duty next season.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

@sarti pooh get on this please.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

In Pilton....🤔

It's handy for the Western General though: Friday night in outpatients, who said I lied to her... 

I've never actually seen any bother from the local populous at Ainslie in all these years of going. Mind you I've never braved going for a pint in The Anchor although I remember some Albion Rovers fans going there and coming out alive. 

Anyway, Sinking Lolbion :lol:

Well done Dumbarton, well done lads 👏🏻👏🏻

Abject failure all round and there should be no hiding place for anyone associated with the club. Young needs to take the buck of the blame, I hope he’s ruthless over the next few weeks!!

First half I thought we did everything we had to pretty well. Combative in midfield. Plenty of possession. Only issue was that we didnt create enough to get the goal that would have killed the tie. 2nd half? I thought Stevie Farrell reverted to type and we were very negative. The back 4 sat deep. The players ahead of them sat deep. Stirling had plenty of 2nd half possession but lacked the composure to punish us. Our decision making was a bit suspect at times and on 3 occasions we failed to spot and play the obvious pass that could have put us through on goal.

But I'll happily take the outcome and we move on to Spartans.

Season long all huff and no puff, we’re down because over the 38 games we haven’t been good enough.

I don’t wish Dumbarton ill and not as a result of today but I hope that Spartans are not in our league next season 2 trips to Ainslie Park is 2 too many. Similarly I have no wish to become acquainted with K Park Training Academy so please Stranraer, even trips down the A77 will be an upgrade.

Aye, gutted for the majority of Stirling fans. Seem like a good bunch, overall. Your gaffer on the other hand, is a prized w****r. Hope you sack him  greetin' faced wee p***k 😂

Won't be easy against Spartans, but we have proven this season that we can be a match for them. Hopefully we see a similar performance to the last meeting between the sides. Very glad it isn't a Peterhead trip, at any time this next week.

Considering I was as flat a stale fart at 2.45pm when I learned that Hilton has done his hamstring I was delighted that we got through that today.  But that second half aged every Sons fan about 10 years, and we will need to show a whole lot more attacking intent and composure against Spartans.

The Binos looked like a team haunted by their inability to score and that in turn piled pressure on themselves - even the lad who hit the outside of the post (when he should have scored) seemed to scuff his shot as if paralysed by fear.

On the plus side we had a few decent performances and none more so than Gallagher Lennon whose calm defending belied his years.  And special mention to Mikey Ruth who took a second battering in five days.

Onwards to Tuesday evening.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

It was honestly pretty comfortable other than a few hairy moments and us starting the second half very slowly. Div Wilson had a great chance that he really should’ve put away before half time. I think if we’d gone ahead, Stirling would’ve crumbled. I thought it was very flat from the home fans. They didn’t look like they believed they could do it.

You seriously thought that was comfortable? First half was decent as we took the game to Stirling when we had the ball. Second half it appeared the instructions were to hold out which I just don’t get. We had shown we could threaten yet in the second half made little attempt to attack and when we did our decision making was poor. Can’t help feeling that we got through as a result of Stirling’s failings rather than our own positives. No idea how the final will pan out but please don’t try and shitfest our way to a win