Fan numbers in Germany well over 100k expected next month

50 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

There will be 30,000 max.

We had 25,000+ in Paris on a Wednesday night for a qualifier. 

if you think we'll have 30,000 at a major tournament then you are deluded. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've mates coming from Bermuda, Dubai, Spain and Oz. Don't think that'll be uncommon. 

Pretty sure that will be quite uncommon. Fairly sure the collective number of Scots fans coming from Bermuda, Dubai, Spain and Oz will be less than 100 people.

If it helps you balance it out, I don't know anybody going to Germany to support Scotland who doesn't live in the UK.

I'm just glad given that there's clearly 3 million people going to be going, things will be quieter here.  And once we cuff both Finland and Gibraltar, I expect the either 2.4 million will decide they're going too.  May as well just shut the country really.

I pity the person on border control having to count. What happens if they lose count? Do we all have to return to where we entered Germany to be counted again?

Spent quite a bit of time in Hungary last few years

Seem like really decent people to me

There might be some right wing roasters at their home games but are those going to be the ones who travel? I’m pretty sure vibes will be good at the stadium

Budapest is a great city with nice people from my experience but some football fans are a different breed to the normal civilised people.

You only have to look at the Italy England Euro final documentary to see all the shit that was stirred up with fans trying to get in without tickets. A lot of it being blamed on COVID restrictions when in reality, these people breaking down fences, punching stewards etc and were just being absolute arseholes. 

It’s mostly a status thing anyway. The folk going will love proving just how much richer than everyone else they are. I’ve seen the prices many folk are paying for tickets, hotels etc. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2024 at 18:10, MazzyStar said:

It’s mostly a status thing anyway. The folk going will love proving just how much richer than everyone else they are. I’ve seen the prices many folk are paying for tickets, hotels etc. 

Most people are going to enjoy themselves, not to show off. Of course, there is privilege involved but folk are paying high prices because they have to rather than because they want to.

Edited by craigkillie

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Most people are going to enjoy themselves, not to show off. Of course, there is privelige involved but folk are paying high prices because they have to rather than because they want to.

I don’t think I could enjoy myself at any game of football knowing I’d payed hundreds for a single ticket (and there seems to be plenty of people that have payed that amount) 

8 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

It's not "mostly" a status thing FFS. It's mostly a football thing. Lose the chip on the shoulder.

It can be done really cheaply. For France 98 there were three of us in a car with a tent, eating out of supermarkets. We got tickets for one game.

This year it's our first family holiday abroad since 2019, taking the car and staying in self catering accommodation well away from the host cities, where prices are normal. In fact for Cologne we're not even in Germany, we're staying in a camp site in the Netherlands. 

25 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Oooft so much bitterness in this post and you are talking out your arse here.

Definitely no a "status" thing at all for me anyway and Germany is a very cheap country to get too. If you booked early enough then you could find nice accomodation in the centre of big cities for reasonable prices. I managed to win tickets to four different games in the ballot so didn't spend much on tickets either all things considered.